CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 20,096 reviews matching the search See all 20,285 reviews
Productive and good work place,
Shift Supervisor Rx / CVS Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, OHJune 23, 2019
Good work place but don't offer enough hours to work. Only one shift lead during the day and even doing all work plus taking care of customers plus office work.
Very Stressful for Pharmacists to work in!!
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 23, 2019
They chew you up and spit you out . they do not show any
compassion for their employees at all no matter where you are unless you KISS UP. they do not appreciate their older workers ie; anyone over the age of 40 .
they try and make it very very difficult for you to stay there and do not give you the help you need either in the Pharmacy or the Front Store
Productive fast paced fun
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNJune 23, 2019
This place worked with anyone who wanted to advance in a carree. They provide classes for anything you might need.flexibility on work schedule........
Pros
Discounts rewards
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Avoid this place like the plague
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2019
There is blatant favoritism, no one owns their mistakes and there is constant criticism. The store I worked in was a joke. The entire staff had to be turned over a few years ago because everyone in there (including the manager) were stealing merchandise and money. I didn’t kiss my bosses butt enough so I got overlooked for advancement on multiple occasions. I also was left with whatever shifts needed to be covered while other people got set schedules. There was people stealing at least a dozen times a day. Our Loss Prevention guy even got fired for stealing! This company is joke. They don’t care about the employees or their safety. Stay far far away.
Poor
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 23, 2019
The training program would be good if it was done by a professional training manager not someone who doesn't even know their own job.
Unorganized training store manager as well as extremely unfamiliar with her own job that she could not do the training correctly, properly and in accurate amount of time, Training store manager did not even know what the goals were nor how to set them.
Training store manager did not know how to manage her own time and the time needed for projects and as things went wrong which is the norm she blamed everyone from the cashiers all the way up to her own managers, never once she took responsibility for her own actions.
Later I came to find out that she was going to be demoted and was transferred to a slower performing store as she managed to misguide her previous store, Training store manager cut corners and falsified documents just to meet her goals on paper, Training store manager also used training hours illegally because she overused her labor hours and when there was zero training hours she didn't finish training.
Although you are hired as a manager you are doing 10% managerial work and 90% grunt work, stocking and cleaning and merchandising is what you will be doing most days, hardly any time to actually manage.
My training manager was a racist and I requested to be transferred 3 times and they looked the other way.
It was fun to work there because all my friends worked there
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 23, 2019
It was a bad place to work at because of were is was located at.the people I worked whit were a nice group of people.and being at work on time and going home late.
A good place to work as long as you kiss up to upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 23, 2019
Like all jobs politics is involved. If the DM or above doesn't like you even if you are productive and run a good store it doesn't matter. They will find a way to get rid of you.
Fast paced
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJune 23, 2019
Very fast paced and stressful position. Only important thing is the bottom line. Not much room for advancement. Pay and benefits are ok. Schedule issues.
Cvs health
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2019
Overall as a company they lack the insight to view the daily activities of staff. Staff is under intense time frames and expectations, however the staff isn't always properly trained. The amount of work is NOT conductive with the amount of hours scheduled. The schedule constantly fluctuates.
chances for advancement
Ticket Splitter (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIJune 23, 2019
At CVS there is always a chance to make improvements. They give you the opportunity to better educate yourself with reimbursement for any educational courses which pertain to the work place.
Fast paced and changing
Store Manager Rx (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 23, 2019
Good benefits, and you can make your own schedule. With recent re-alignments in the company, it has made it quite frustrating to work because you dont know what to expect.
Worst job ever.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJune 23, 2019
As a pharmacy tech you need to learn a lot. It is great that CVS offers the teachings themselves versus you having to take and pay for outside learnings. The pay is ridiculous. Absolutely unlivable wages. Hours are all over the place. Breaks are short.
CVS Lunch Area
Permanent full-time Employee 3rd shift Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2019
We have televisions in each room also with refrigerator, micowave; and food, snack, drinks machines.

We enjoy this moment to spend time together. We only get 30 minutes for lunch and we talk about our family, kids and day to day life. Then you see a group of folks in one area on their phones.
Pros
Great people to work with and the only time to relax, put your legs up.
Cons
Losing money in the machine, only having 30 minutes for lunch, The breakroom is far, takes 5 min going, 5 min back, just not enough time. We lost 10 min, People steal lunches, drinks out refrigerator
Terrible workplace
Staff Pharmacist (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 22, 2019
if you dont want a social/personal life and want to be abuse physically and mentally, then this is the place. This company does not care for the patients well being nor for their employees well being.
Stressful
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJune 22, 2019
Stressful as a retail pharmacy technician and employess dont get recognized. You're expected to do so much more with all the hours being cut on top of your job.
Hectic and always behind
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, TX 75402June 22, 2019
Upper management never listens to how short staffed we are. They come smiling at us informing our store level management that to "Optimize" workflow we will have our hours cut regardless of how busy we actually are..
Pros
pay is not bad (not good either)
Cons
High stress, short staffing, mandated weekend calls that irritate the customers
productive and relaxed
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 22, 2019
very nice staff whos willing to help train and teach trainees what to do , very comfortable and not that stressful. reason it was temporary because I was doing work for the work program when I was 15 years old
Love helping patients
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 22, 2019
I love working for CVS Health. It offers lots of growth opportunities. However, I would like the compensation to match what we do so we don’t have to seek additional income and can focus on further growth.
Horrible
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 22, 2019
Save yourself the stress and go someplace else the turnover for this company is horrible. All the store are under staffed and run on you and a cashier. DL’s don’t care about their stores all they see is the numbers it doesn’t matter if your store is sinking and you are stuck with no help, poor company to work for. No chain of command to follow your employees are all backstabbing everyone in the back. But if you are a trouble maker or lazy you will succeed at this company. They treat you like a slave and don’t care about you as a person.
The company contradicts the vision they claim to have
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 22, 2019
Wouldn't suggest it be a smart career choice. Good starting point for people new to retail. Management gets handcuffed daily by the structure implemented by corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CVS Health.

Powered by Comparably