CVS Health

United States28,992 reviews

Found 28,992 reviews matching the searchSee all 29,180 reviews
pharmacistprescriptiontechnicianmedicationstoretechcaremarkcustomer

Featured review

CVS Health selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun workplace . Great staff great company. If you’re a leader and love helping people this is the place for you. Always go hard and make a difference in the world

pleasant work environment

It is a healthy, pleasant work environment, with very respectful and understanding bosses.

Pros

Benefits of law

Cons

low wage

CVS Health insights

Based on 15,864 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

I do have a good experience, working for this company.

Great time work, wonderful, officiant people and job culture. The company is giving you a opportunity to work at the front store and, if you interested, get the pharmacy technician license, at the same time.

Management is poor

Everyone on the team is typically nice very chatty people tho, but management be trynna have you do the most. You can simply be hired as a cashier and next thing you know you’re basically running the whole store yourself. The team slacks hard people are always in and out of working there

it’s okay

very pushy, always pushed us to make a carepass. (monthly promotion) as a shift manager, it felt as if my feelings didn’t matter in the workspace. just work at work and leave the home at home.

If you're just starting in retail management..

Maybe. If you're anyone who has any experience, move on to the next job. You can't be promoted higher then store manager unless you're a pharmacist. Payroll hours were terrible- you didn't even get enough to really run your store. You'll be working alot by yourself unless you have a very high volume store.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Everything else

The company is very disconnected

The job itself can be rewarding knowing you are helping people, training is not adequate to do the job correctly, very little support on how to fix a difficult issue on an account, constantly have to fix mistakes made by other reps which affect your call handle time, every department is very disconnected from each other. Company changes and policy updates are disregarded by some reps, rude coworkers, a lot of people avoid responsibility with no repercussion. Management is confused from one department to another and HR never knows what’s going on. That being said once you get on the right track and know what you’re doing the job is easy enough, working from home is great, pay is okay, just remember being compassionate goes a long way. Good managers will try to help you succeed and a lot of room for advancement.

Do not get personal with your manager

This is about the dept I worked in not the whole company but they seem to lack culture and diversity overall. Some folks are older whom have no kids and they seem to hire folks within the Dept I was in whom are mostly single and no children. I've experienced folks who are transphobic and also lack empathy for people of color. They use personal information against you such as when you have a death in the family and will write you up any chance they get, I highly advise to keep it business with these folks as they don't care about you and only act like they do.

It was fine

It was retail. I liked the people a lot, including management, but the schedule varied a lot, the customers could be annoying and the pay was meh. Shift leaders were also expected to pick up a lot of shifts. The overtime was nice but it could come at an hours noticed if someone called out.

Fun work environment low pay

Cvs is great for a second job but not full time u want be making no money. Only high traffic on specific days other then that it’s a laid back job. I loved my manager he was cool.

Work you to death

They don’t care about you since they see you as replaceable but the minute you try to leave, the store managers suddenly want to make you stay, especially when you’re doing a good job.

Great

Good balance. Customers are nice and management is willing to offer assistance to you when necessary. Pay is decent for entry level position. Overall I would recommend

Cvs

Nice people, a lot work walking bending lifting and a lot of independence which I didn’t mind, but did not like closing at night by myself. I love hours any people

The customers are nice and friendly most of the time

The manager lies and does not make it a comfortable place to work in. He constantly changes schedules and schedules even when you aren't available then gets mad that you aren't available to work. They don't train people correctly

Pros

I like helping people, customers look for me

Cons

Not enough staff, management lies to their employees

Do not work here

No positive things to say. They make every task harder. If you do not care about CarePass you might as well quit now. Management is all about saving themselves. No help or support

Typical retail job

Typical retail job with occasional rude customers. Coworkers are nice and inclusive. Management was understanding. Didn't work here for long, but wasn't too horrible.

Account Manager Omnicare

This is a good job overall. You have a lot of freedom but tons of deadlines to meet. Meet with accounts every month in person or Webex. Very micromanaged but Pays well.

Management is horrible

There is no work life balance. Hard to get days of that you request. They think people are robots. Very unfair work environment.You must come in even if you are sick. They don't want you using sick days that you have earned.

Pros

Close to home

Very stressful environment

HR is not helpful when needing FMLA, you complaints.Everything is scrutinized causing undue stress.Some in management are supportive, but the vast majority are not.They have group discussions at very rare times regarding work environment which employee feedback seems to fall on deaf ears.

Horrible

Overworked and underpaid. Do more with less. Irresponsible healthcare practices. No focus on patient care. Metrics based pill mill. Undervalued in a respectful career.

Simple/Easy if you're laid back and motivated

I got overworked because I never set boundaries and was a yes man. Lots of call outs from others so I had (or felt the need) to cover. Overall didn't mind the job, sometimes boring on night shift. Another con was backwards counting which is a personal issue. Coworkers weren't very happy people either but they were okay. Felt supported for the most part. Some customers were great, others bad. Not going back because of the bad apples.

Pros

Simple Job

Cons

Rude customers, math, management/scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare CVS Health with

• CVS Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?