CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 24,989 reviews matching the search See all 25,164 reviews
Everyday is different
Store Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 12, 2018
As a store manager you are in charge of the success and failures of the people and location. If you execute the basics and display the company's values everyday chances are you will have a profitable store and engaged employees.
Pros
The company is continously growing.
Cons
It takes too long to become a store manager
Long Time Ago
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 12, 2018
I worked as a pharmacy technician many years ago. At the time, the pay was not very good, and there was little room for advancement. The pharmacy was often understaffed and therefore, the employees overworked.
Only part time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 12, 2018
only work for this company for two and half months. the time spent with this company was OK. did not get much experience with this company. worked at 2 different locations so not real stable.
productive workplace
Cashier/customer (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYNovember 12, 2018
typical day at work was working with other employees, customer assistance, cleaning etc). I learned better teamwork skills. Liked working with co workers.
Cvs
Candidate for Regional Vice President in training (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 12, 2018
Huge company easy to get lost in the shuffle. Many levels of leadership which can sometimes complicate things. Strong focus on the pharmaceutical side of the business!
Working at CVS was a great learning experience.
Casher/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJNovember 12, 2018
The store managers were great. They worked with me on my hours which was a big plus. They should really work on the pay rate. Had I not been paid so little I wouldn't have left.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The pay is not good at all
Enjoyable first job.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 12, 2018
I learned management, money handling, and customer service skills.
My co workers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
It was a good first job. I was given more and more responsibility as I progressed as an employee, letting me see the value of hard work.
busy and stressful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CANovember 12, 2018
as much as i love my coworkers and current manager, the job is hard to do sometimes because of the stress from all the patients and not having enough people on the schedule
great place to work
CVS Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Stony Point, NYNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at CVS. I just needed more hours. The stores are clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. Great place to work and get nice benefits for employees.
Pros
employee benefits
It's alright
Front Store Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amityville, NYNovember 12, 2018
Everything in general just depends on management bias, if they don't like you, you're not gonna go far. If they do, you'll go a little higher. Don't expect much from the company. I had a few biased higher ups in the first CVS I worked in, and then in the second CVS I worked in there were 2 higher ups who weren't nice to me (one was bipolar, but that doesn't give her the excuse to be rude and call me out for silly reasons in front of customers.)
Progressed quickly with positions but overall stressed
Supervisor/ Training Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 12, 2018
Working hard, long days for a store that not only did not keep work professional, but was constantly at odds with each other. My promotion from clerk to supervisor was swift, however, most of the other team members felt threatened by my work ethics. The Assistant Manager heard our Regional Manager mention of promoting me again and began to harass me into quiting my job.
Cvs
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marblehead, MANovember 12, 2018
Hands on training. Fast paced work environment. Great group of people to work with, from part time cashiers to Pharmacy staff. Always learning something new even after working there for many years.
Pros
Never dull
Fair
Good customer service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 12, 2018
Could be been better pay,management is good and profesionel .
Fast pace environment,must know what you doing.
Have to be on time and penctual
Good experience
Hard to move in company, and when you do not really worth it
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYNovember 12, 2018
Worked here many years. Worked closely with manager as right hand. Assistant manager position was open and was lined up to get it. Said manager passed and all was lost for me.
Pros
Worked with good workers
Cons
Minimal hours to run store and high expectation
Enjoyed being there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2018
Good company to work for, but pay isn't that good. They did have advancement opportunities available, great way to interact with public and be able to actually help the customer in order to retain their constant business.
Never again
Lead Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCNovember 11, 2018
Cvs will make you think they own you. The company will do everything it can to make a dollar including throwing someone under the bus for what they did not do. You could not pay me enought to work here again.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 11, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of me filling prescription, assisting customers in the drive thru, and assisting the pharmacist. There was nothing hard about the job. Great place
Not worth your time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 11, 2018
Everything is not as it seems. Broken promises and the grass isn't greener on the other side. It is a decent job for someone who may come in as a cashier or looking to simply pad their resume as a shift supervisor, but I don't recommend anything past that. Payroll is extremely tight (below operating hours) and the bar is set very high for sales and service (the main focus) - not the employees mental state.

Unfortunately you will suffer burnout if not within the couple of months, but as least by the end of the year.
The pay is pretty decent and the benefits offered are amazing (which draws you in), but you will suffer from sleep deprivation, and expectations that are set so high you become easily overwhelmed and stressed on the daily. Turnover is high. It is hard to get quality people and keep them :(

Its a great job in terms of flexibility with school or working a second job maybe only as a part timer, but once you become FT or enter management your life is pretty much over. The morale and culture unfortunately is extremely low with no help from upper management. If you become a SMIT or promoted to SM, keep your phone on 24/7 because it will be blowing up.

If you aren't alone in the store most times, you are with one other person only and you two are on the register. Staff meetings are non-existent as well as being able to keep up with the daily tasks because you are only one person and there are sooo many things to get done.

The most enjoyable part of the day is working with your teammates and getting to know them, and some of the customers. However, a lot
  more... of customers are vicious with their coupons, and the customer is always right, no matter what.  less
Pros
decent pay, 401k matching, medical/vision/dental coverage, SOME tuition reimbursement
Cons
No payroll, no lunch break, audits, no morale or engagement, burnout
Productiveness
Cashier Stock Prep (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11203November 11, 2018
Well competition prone and professional is a must working with costumers consumers and businesses forwardly and confidently with reactions predicted as well
Pros
Medical
Cons
Employees confidence and employees attendance
Corporate America
PHARMACY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boca RatonNovember 11, 2018
Little support for labor. Trying to keep the labor figure as low as possible. Supposed to be about customer service but its about labor costs. I was there a long time ago
Pros
Decent work atmosphere
Cons
job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

56.3K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight