CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 19,988 reviews matching the search See all 20,177 reviews
Great company to work for and grow with
Eligibility Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work. Great opportunities for advancement, wonderful benefits, great people. If I weren't going to school for a different field, I would still be there. It's truly a place you can make a career out of.
Get in but get stuck
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2019
I’ve been with CVS Retail for years now, and absolutely feel stuck. The highest they promote within to was Shift Supervisors, but now Operation Managers which is literally just Shift Supervisors the manage sticks more of their tasks on. They promise possible promotion to good employees into higher management, but just outsource instead. You probably have to quit and reapply to even get a store manager in training position. But even then, it’s not worth it. They especially overwork the new managers and purposefully put them in challenging stores without them even being fully prepared. So! If you want a job, this is definitely a check, and you basically need to blantly steal to get fired... but dont do it unless it’s just a stepping stone. It’s a deadend place to be.
Pros
Decent Health Coverage. FINALLY decent pay
Cons
Terrible turnover, short staffed, scheduling not flexible
Working at CVS
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
Started working here because I was in desperate need of a job. Worst job I've ever worked. Management left a bit to be desired, the store was so dirty that there were mice running around on the sales floor at times and the amount of people I've seen get fired or quit made me feel like my job was always in jeopardy. It's not very fulfilling either. Overall, I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone, even if it's a last resort.
fast pace depending on customer volume
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 14, 2019
Very customer oriented and fast pace depending on customer volume. Customer care is a top priority for CVS and the company goes above and beyond to ensure that customers pick up there prescriptions on time.
My team is amazing and you learn so much about people
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKJune 14, 2019
The hardest part of this job is not being able to help med D patients

The most enjoyable job is helping patients when I can

It's a very high paced job and provides a sense of accomplishment
Management is not great
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 14, 2019
The work environment is awful unfortunately! The hospitality is very poor. Management is not great either...they don't take time to HELP AND SUPPORT their employees that need help. Instead they get annoyed and snap at you. Which makes asking questions and looking for support really difficult. The treatment of new employees is just awful. Unless your okay with people being rude to you all day long, then that is the place for you.
Pros
Breaks.
Liked working there
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2019
I liked working there but got a better job offer and moved to far away to drive back and forth for this job. Was asked to be in the Management program and loved my boss. I learned a lot from her but she left to after a while.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Store in a bad neighbor hood
Horrible place to work
Cashier/CSR (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 14, 2019
employees were treated unfairly. No place for advancement unless your popular. The hours were horrible to work when you have a life outside cvs. Management wasn't very understanding
Cvs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 14, 2019
Good company, but the site I worked at wasn't the best management. My manager wasn't the greatest and when asking for time off, I kept receiving calls to work. Also was difficult to call out while sick, so if you get sick you better work.
Its ok
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 14, 2019
At first it started off good, but then it became annoying really quick. Its just another retail job, but I would say its a bit worse. Great for experience but you will be overworked and underpaid.
Excellent to build a retail career
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2019
If a Retail Career is your passion, then CVS is the best choice. It encompasses a well trained and experienced staff. It also offers valuable benefits.
NO Comment
enrollment coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJune 14, 2019
You will have occurrences just letting you know if you call in sick you basically need to tell them ahead of time if you don't want occurrences.. Is the job for you if you like to learn one thing and that's it ...
Company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 14, 2019
Cvs was great to work for in a sense they continue to grow and change within the industry. I watched things evolve over the years as Caremark became the lead in the companies direction.
I like working for them
Sales Associate/Shift Manager - (In Training) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2019
Cvs was a great company that I was apart of. The company Allow me to grow. met a lot of different type of people. Every friendly place. Great experience work at cvs.
Great workplace that needs more hours
Pharmacy Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJune 14, 2019
The pharmacy is a relaxed workplace with everyone working together to ensure prescriptions are filled correctly. Store management helps when able or asks for help when needed. Only issue is employee hours are limited so employee transfers to other stores are common.
Pros
relaxed pace, helpful managment
Cons
few hours, frequent turnarounds
Pharmacy technicians: don’t work here!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 14, 2019
I originally chose to work for CVS pharmacy in order to add working as a licensed pharmacy technician on my resume for when I applied to pharmacy school. And boy....do I regret it. I dont even know where to begin. I guess I will address the more common complaints I have read from CVS employees: the pay is much too low, constantly being understaffed, super stressful, get blamed for everything by customers, no or half hour lunch breaks for those working 8-12 hour shifts, etc. All of these comments are true. Pharmacy techs really should not be paid the same as what typical retail cashiers make considering there is a degree of knowledge and speciality that goes into the profession. Also, dealing with insurance companies and putting your health at risk by seeing sick patients everyday deserves higher pay than a typical retail job. My pharmacy is always understaffed, causing us to fall behind and have rightfully upset customers. With the recent Aetna purchase, CVS district managers have been cutting hours in the pharmacy. Currently at my store, only one pharmacist and one pharmacy tech are scheduled to work in the morning. At most, we will have 2 techs and a pharmacist. Our head pharmacist has constantly explained to the district managers that 2-3 people is not enough to run a pharmacy. However, they dont care. We are expected to whip out our magic wands and somehow adjust, or else “there will be consequences.” Well hey, I got news for you CVS: there are already consequences for the overworked/underpaid employees and the customers who now have to wait longer for their meds. Its ridiculous.  more... The training to work as a tech there is crazy too. You are literally given a week to complete 60 modules, many of which wont let you pass until you make a 100% on the post assessment. They barely teach you anything at the different lecture trainings you are supposed to attend. Then you are thrown into on the job training with no idea what to do. Anyway, you would think that decreasing the supply of employees would mean increased wages according to economics. But not at CVS! And the fact that you are only allowed a half hour lunchbreak is ridiculous. Many coworkers work 10-12 hour shifts, but can only get a 30 minute break. That shouldnt even be legal. And now, with the hours being cut, we sometimes dont even get our lunchbreaks because we are that far behind (due to only having 1-2 technicians per shift). If you are able to work somewhere else, then do so. Dont work for CVS, it is just plain awful. Screw CVS  less
Most staff members are cool
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 14, 2019
This job is just that a job the field of healthcare is getting so saturated with pharmacists that no one really takes the time to see if people there are understaffed and over worked.
Fast paced pharmacy with lots of expectations and limited help due to constant budget cuts.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 13, 2019
Customer service is a key priority as well as filling scripts "on time". There is a big emphasis on outreach calls to patients to help stay compliant on medications as well as programs in place to keep inventory levels accurate. The hardest part of the job is trying to juggle all expectations whilst still trying to have great customer service and filling all the prescriptions on time with limited help due to budgets always being cut. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients on their path to better health, by catching drug interactions that doctors have not, and counseling on all prescriptions to make sure no patient is in the dark about what medications they are taking.
Pros
Fast paced flow keeps you busy without the monotony of a desk job
Cons
High volume, too many customers to efficiently help throughout the day making the expectations hard to reach
Unvalued
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJune 13, 2019
Work/home life does not exist, they expect you to run a store on less than minimal hours and demand that you support your pharmacy which also has not hours to operate and still get your work done. The fact is that the purchase of AETNA has cut the store hours to an unacceptable level while senior management have no compassion or concern for store level colleagues.
Good benefits
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 13, 2019
Good benefits, poor management. Angry customers with various illness. No time to care for patients as I would like. Company focused on numbers not care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CVS Health.

Powered by Comparably