CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 26,388 reviews matching the search See all 26,613 reviews
I work with a really great team.
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Current Employee) –  Seat Pleasant, MDMarch 18, 2019
My coworkers and myself work really hard to make sure our goals are met and exceeded even if that means coming in early staying late or passing on taking a lunch break.
Basic Retail Workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 18, 2019
Decent retail job to work at. Would recommend to anyone stuck in a different retail job at a different company. CVS treats you fairly for the most part.
Lack of opportunity for Front Store Team Members
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
If you are not a Pharmacist, you have virtually no future with the company. They use Store Managers to do the job of the District Leaders, however when it comes time for promotions to DL, they only consider Pharmacists.
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Lack of work/life balance
Its good ...but...
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 18, 2019
Cvs is awesome, but now that they bought AETNA they cut everyones hours and now they are exploiting every pharmacist and tech. I went from having 30 hours to 20 and thats a big difference
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No hours
Disorganized and disappointing
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMarch 18, 2019
I discovered that I never want to work in a retail pharmacy again. The facility was new but we often had problems with the bathrooms. They do provide training but it is incredibly disorganized and hit or miss.
Depended on location and coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 18, 2019
The work atmosphere depended on which location you were at and who you worked with. I had regular customers who recognized me and my coworkers were generally friendly. Management will do almost anything to keep customers happy even if that means honoring expired coupons that you had been told to reject.
Loved it here
Pharmacy Tech and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCMarch 18, 2019
Worked there for 6 years and loved it. I only left because I needed to find a job working daytime hours since my son was in school and I was paid more to go to work at Capitol Credit
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Nightshift
Not a job I would recommend
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 18, 2019
I dont really have that much to say about this Job as it is one that I would not recommend for anyone. This is said not to downplay the efficiency or brand which is CVS but just to simply say it is not a job I feel most people would want to work
Pros
you get paid
Cons
boring work life
Well, it's retail.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 18, 2019
Not the best job I've ever had, but then again I worked there when I was a high - schooler. Coworkers were not very nice, always got the grunt work, etc.
overworked and under appreciated
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2019
overworked and under appreciated, 45 work weeks turn into 70 hour marathons, never enough help in the districts to get the work done on the timelines demanded by the DL's
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no breaks, senior mgmt clueless about front store operations
Minimal Budgeted Hours for Tasks required
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OHMarch 18, 2019
Managers end up living at the store to get the tasks completed because they are given minimal employee budgeted hours. You have to use all your hours to unload trucks and are left with no help for all the rest of the tasks.
Most stressful job to ever have
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 18, 2019
You are ranked by how fast you stock and pick products. i am extremely competitive (especially when there is no other option to do so), so I always ranked over 102% daily. I did not realize that the higher you score, you get in trouble the next day for being "the same" or lower. I was penalized constantly for "only" getting 107% some days, which means literally running as fast as I could 9 hours a day on steel grates with terrible lighting and no windows in a warehouse/.
Cons
15 minute breaks, no pay raises, unethical management
You take the good with the bad.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2019
flexible hours as i needed them were given as I asked. I wanted more or less hours/days I got them. The training meetings didn’t work out too good because the store I was at was so busy on the days that I was scheduled to work even though I told my manager I needed off she made me stay to work and I missed a lot of scheduled meetings and was blamed for them. I didn’t expect to be dam near jobless in the summer. I was never told that hours would be token away because summer is slowest of the year at my cvs. I was working 1-2 days a week compared to my 4 day week in the winter and fall. I left for my maternity leave with high hopes of comming back and I couldn’t even return partly because the district manager wouldn’t reverse my termination through the system because my paper work was sent back to them week late which I never found out why because the lady never ever answered or returned my call or email. Also when I called my store I was told that there wasn’t any hours for me anyway if came back so I was told to apply elsewhere. I remember when I was working there and I girl came back off of maternity leave with full time hours and my hours started deducting right after that. But yet when I come back off of maternity leave I have no hours at all. Smh. It was awful how I was just forgot about and left out and kicked to the curb like that especially after having my baby I wanted to get back to what I was doing I actually liked being in the pharmacy and I made a best work buddy. She was awesome and I miss her. I feel like my stores goal solely focused on numbers like how many  more... prescriptions can be made. Managers stayed frustrated. Some good days though. I’ve witnessed a manager crying badly after being so frustrated. Overall I like my cvs pharmacy experience. I would apply again. I have so much more to experience working as a pharmacy technician.  less
Pros
Flexible hours, Buy the staff lunch often, continuous learning opportunities
Cons
No paid maternity leave, no summer hours, favoritism
CVS now owns Aetna = BAD NEWS for patients
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 18, 2019
CVS recently bought Aetna. All employees are forced to use CVS pharmacies if they want their meds covered under Aetna insurance; which means your colleagues know whatever medicine you take. Not sure how that doesn't violate HIPAA law, but they get away with it. CVS has already begun to monopolize the industry which means eventually we won't be able to do anything when they raise prices and lower quality of service / customer care. To job seekers: Do yourself a favor and heed all the warnings from those that have worked here- Find work elsewhere! To customers: Try to be nice to store staff, especially pharmacy department because they are way overworked and underappreciated. It's corporate that forces the pharmacy staff to carry the cheapest possible generics. It's corporate guidelines that make the pharmacists fight doctors so that they prescribe similar, less effective medicines in the same class, in order to cut their costs (not yours). Remember, if you have Aetna, CVS is now your insurance company too). Last - check your prescriptions because they're often short. Please report CVS to the BBB if you feel they have done anything unethical.
Pros
Can't possibly find a worse employer after this one
Cons
Management has zero respect
Good place to work, but the hours are too inconsistent.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMarch 17, 2019
In the beginning and even now I enjoy working for CVS. The only downside are the hours. I could go from working 40 hours one week to 20 the next, and yes my manager is very well aware that I need as many hours as I can get. However, corporate keeps cutting hours more and more every week. So I wouldn’t expect consistent hours, even if you’re hired in as full time.
Pros
Staff, management
Cons
Hours, pay, higher management (outside of the actual store)
day at work
CVS Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mexia, TXMarch 17, 2019
I was hired 6 months ago, I was trained once a week for 3 hours for 6 weeks, after that they stopped training saying they didn't have time for training. They are very prejudice there an if you are not in their little click you are not accepted. When you would ask to help get more training they would brush you off and tell you later.
I graduated Pharmacy Tech school but had not taken state test and they acted like i was a person who knew nothing. I was used only to run front cash registers and drive thru windows. they would not let me fill scripts or help in the pharmacy where i was suppose to be learning.
I was promised after the first of the year I would be promoted and get full time and benefits. After first of year they said they could not do that at this time.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything about CVS
Good Job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mokena, ILMarch 17, 2019
A job that is good for people looking for part-time work. the people I work for are great and every helpful when starting this new job. CVS is a good place to work.
store manager
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMarch 17, 2019
CVS will make all kinds of promises how to set you up for success but then feed you to the wolves. They rushed me though their management training program and then threw me in their worst store. They did not pay me enough to have a gun put in my face.
cashier/Shift manager
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, MDMarch 17, 2019
Slow drawn out days of boring work. Head manager did very little listening and would take advantage of your generosity. Not a very good work environment.
It's a good place to work
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 17, 2019
Store Managers have it a little rough due to lack of hours and help. You are paid salary but spend 60 to 70 hours a week at your store. It is mentally stressful but they do pay you fairly decent.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The hours expected to put in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

56.6K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

46%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss