CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 24,381 reviews matching the search See all 24,557 reviews
Cvs
Pharmacy Tech Trainee and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 22, 2018
Great mission statement, bad management in pharmacy, pharmacist have no sense of urgency wit their patients, elders have to wait for a long time before anyone acknowledges them.
rep (Current Employee) –  RichardsonSeptember 22, 2018
In all it is a good place to work , the manager is extremely helpful and encouraging . The work is the Extremely easy just a lot of changes going on with the company that are not beneficial to employees .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks, pay
Slow paced and relaxed store
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 22, 2018
Most days at CVS were slow and invloved restocking or cleaning. Cvs taught me how to take initiative at work. Managers were very helpful and took time to train employees. The difficult part about working at Cvs was organizing the warehouse. Working at Cvs is very easy and simple.
ok for retail
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 21, 2018
Ever changing schedule, no work life balance. you have to work evenings and weekend and holidays, but that is retail. The rate of pay is low for the pressure and timing of the work load.
Learning place, great
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 21, 2018
I love working at cvs, i enjoy meeting new people daily. Everyday is a new learning experience. I learned so much with this company in the 8 years i been working for them
good company no one follows rules
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2018
cvs is a very good company if everyone followed the rules there were days I worked 12hours with no break and the pharmacy manager said just take one for the team
Pros
some stores are 24 hours
Cons
you have the oppurtunity to earn a certificate if management allows
Not a very good company
Shift Supervisor/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Room for growth is minimal. Employees work long hours without breaks at time. Work/life balance is always out of whack due to poor management. Retaliation is pretty big (although they tell you its against their policy).
Opportunity to learn a lot about retail
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 21, 2018
The flow of the store will help anyone willing to go into the pharmaceutical field to learn a lot about drugs functions, name brand and generic, also dealing with insurance companies.
Better than Many other Retail Pharmacies
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 21, 2018
My experience working with CVS was productive and fast-paced. I really enjoyed working for CVS most of the time. I floated between two stores and liked the change of environment every couple of days and each location had its own challenges to tackle.Downside (like many other chains) Hours and shifts do get split quite a bit so the lead tech can make do with the hours allotted to each store. I would have stayed with CVS for a much longer span of time if I hadn't made the decision to move on to another prospective tech position.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
split-shifts no lunch breaks
I hated working there
Shipping and Palletizer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chemung, NYSeptember 21, 2018
CVS was one of the worst companies I have worked for because they treat their employees badly, and Overtime was never known until the end of the shift mere minutes before the overtime was required to be worked.
Fine job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverton, NJSeptember 21, 2018
Pharmacy tech was a good job for someone like myself who had just finished college and was unsure what direction I wanted my career to go in. I wouldn't suggest this as a long term career as they redline your salary at something absurd like $15/hr.
Not much growth
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 21, 2018
This place some times get very busy because business does not understand IT at all. I learned project management here. Management does not care about employees. Workplace culture is no work like balance.
Pros
Exposure to politics
Cons
Company does not care about any of the low level employees who really do the work
Stressful !
Warehouse Production Worker (order picker) (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJSeptember 20, 2018
This place is very stressful you work extremely hard and depending on the manager they make you float all day. Good pay but way too much over time to the point you don’t get to spend time with your family enjoy the weekend or relax. They seem to not care or be concerned about how you feel and your opinion doesn’t matter.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful
Terrible Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Working for CVS Caremark was possibly the most stressful work environment that I have ever worked in. The metrics that you have to meet is unreasonable at best. The worst part of the job was a tie between management and the type of calls you take. Management cared very little for your success and even less about helping you keep your job.

Work place culture is almost non-existent. It is very much a job, you show up for the pay check and go home when your shift is done. The most enjoyable part of the job for me were my teammates.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Short breaks, Stressful, Fast Paced, Wages
I liked working here in Ny
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, NYSeptember 20, 2018
When I moved back to Pa they did not have any full time positions. I liked my management in NY not so much in PA. My manager was fair and my co workers were great.
Pros
free flu shot
Cons
pay
very busy location
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 20, 2018
A lot duties are placed in your care. Good training provided by the company, compensation is ok and advance is available for those who ask. Awesome coworker and the previous manager was great at allowing flexibility when needed.
The amount of work compared to staff hours is awful
Shift Supervisor RX (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCSeptember 20, 2018
CVS has decided to sacrifice the quality of work for the amount of profit they can make. They have cut the amount of budget hours which doesn't allow proper execution of the day to day tasks. Such decisions are not in the best interest of their customers nor their employees. I hope they find a way to turn this around.
Pros
Paid Certification Courses, Discounts
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid, High Stress Environment
5 Core Values: Pigheadedness, Fragmentation, Selfish Ambition, Favoritism, and Deception
Pharmacy Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 20, 2018
I have never worked at a place where diligence and excellence are more unappreciated. If you are good at "working the system" and manipulating people, you will probably do well for yourself here at the expense of your co-workers. If you are Innovative, Collaborative, Caring, Accountable, and committed to your Integrity, you will get trampled on. The "Core Values" that CVS Specialty Monroeville management parrots lip-service to are a joke; the exact opposite of what I experienced here. If you are the type of person who gives 100% in everything you do, you will be chewed up and spit out.
The PSRs who are the face of the company are not valued here, which is why they have such a terrible retention rate. My training class started with over 20 trainees and there are now 3 people left from that class. Two of those 3 left for another department at the pharmacy because the PSRs are so poorly treated there. The third was promoted to a PSR division where you are not pushed with unreasonable metrics, which are numbers that reflect how quickly you can get customers off the phone and cover your footprints. Nevermind how many customer issues you successfully resolved or how much ACTUAL work you accomplished.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Cheese
Sales/Photo Associate (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MASeptember 20, 2018
Working in the print shop I was largely autonomous, ensuring all orders were filled and the equipment was well maintained, with little to no prompting from management.
Pros
No micromanaging
Mainly focused on the numbers in some of the locations, but many I had worked with was all about the patient.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend working for CVS. Turn over is often just due to colleagues not wanting to work. If you want a busy work day, this is the place to be!
Pros
Great for Part time
Cons
Unsteady hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K
46.6K
36.6K
22.7K
12.5K

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CVS Health.

Powered by Comparably