CVS Health logo

CVS Health insights

Based on 8,188 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Work-Life Balance

Found 1 review matching the search with 19 related reviews.See all 26,692 reviews

very productive work place.

We started working as soon as we entered the pharmacy. Customers are waiting at the front register and at drive-thru for pharmacy to open and start work. Everyone in the pharmacy worked very hard and non-stop. I liked working with my coworkers. They never took their 15 minutes breaks because they knew no one was their to cover them. Everyone had to do multitask to keep up with the work load. We had work board which we used to assign places and work to individual technician. This helped us manage and organze the pharmacy.

Pros

Fun to work with coworkers. Time goes by very quickly.

Cons

Hard to keep technicians. They get stressed and burned out easily.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Jobs at CVS Health

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

19 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Busy and energetic environment

I have been working in a CVS pharmacy for one year and it has been an overall good experience. Most of my colleagues have been wonderful and the pharmacy has a steady and productive flow. Customer service can be the most difficult part of the job at times. Not having enough staff causes work efficiency to suffer. Upper management is meh...

Pros

Lunch break, time off, benefits package

Cons

Stressful

Grow and Go

It’s really the company overall and greedy unfair district managers who make the job bad. I’ve witnessed hours being taken from high volume stores and added to a store with lower volume just because of favoritism. Unfair politics here

Stressful

Too stressful, long days with not enough help, unable to sit down, standing up all day. Unable to eat lunch most days even though lunch break is required by law.

Company has a clear vision and mission as well as values

Overall great experience. Watch out for those with their own agenda. Company is very metric focused so learn the metric of the month and make sure you are driving behaviors that impact the metrics positively.

Benefits

Cons

A lot of politics to navigate

sucked

awful it was the worst job i had.. management was awful and they didnt train properly. i was thrown out to fend for myself and it was busy all the time. staff was never there because so many people called off at the same time

Fast paced

Fast pace environment, with a lot of attention to detail. Need more hours for techs but as long as you can handle a multi tasking you should be fine here

All this company cares about is money

Worst company I have ever worked for in my life and I have been around the block a few times. My supervisor lies to me all the time and every day you're given more and more and more work for the same amount of pay. No paid breaks. They force you to float to every county in Maryland even if you were hired to work at the CVS 1 mile from your house. I have never seen such high turnover and so much backstabbing. The best day was when I gave my 2 weeks notice.

Pros

Good pay from the agency

Cons

Pretty much everything

Cvs

It's a typical Retail setting - care little about their staff, management gets vastly overpaid while employees don't, horrible benefits but it was a job & I had a paycheck every 2 weeks.That's honestly about it.

Money Hungry. Labor Shop

Terrible place to work, terrible hours and only care about the bottom dollar for the big wigs. Smaller employees are great but every one gets pressure from their managers to push the bottom dollar and they don't give a darn about their employees. TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK FOR!!!! I promise you!

Pros

Really none

Cons

They don't care

Okay job

The pay is not enough, they make you work so much. It is very stressful more if the pharmacy is 24/7. Most of the time we are short on techs. The Covid testing line is long most of the time and people complain all the time too.

Stress is everyday and everywhere

They cut hours without keeping in mind the work load, you'll have eventually time to catch up but they'll cut your hours again so the pharmacy falls behind. I'm sure they enjoy doing that or this is a management strategy, but they can't be honest about it, and the best answer you'll get is that the team need to follow the work flow assignment board in order to catch up, which is ridiculously untrue.

Pros

Benefits, colleagues, so much to learn

Cons

Cosntant stress, work overload, hours cut, usually you have to self learn, deal with rude people

Decent place to work, difficult to move up

Like any pharmacy, there are plus and minuses. I feel compensated well for my role however the job can be stressful when you do not have enough people to work the day. The management could always be improved. My direct supervisor is great but going up beyond her they don't understand us. But I feel like that's similar in many other jobs. Really management can make or break a job no matter how great the job. I like CVS but also because I've had a good supervisor, but if she was bad, I would probably leave. Corporate doesn't always know our needs because they are removed from us.

N/a

Just make sure you are cool with your DL. Everything will be okay after that. Make sure you build good relationship with your team to have a good workflow.

Serving the general public

Sadly I worked for this company 14 years plus and they don’t give employees the value they deserve. At the end of the day, not even a simple Thank you from the DM.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits

Cons

No matter how hard and how much committed you will be devalued and you don’t have a voice.

Great co-workers

Surround yourself with good people. Company does not care about their long time employees. Their policies hurt not help their long time employees. salary cap.

Pros

discount

Cons

upper management

cvs has a good workplace culture

cvs is the coolest place to work,everybody at cvs pharmacy is so helpful. I could still work at cvs and continue my higher education. CVS likes its employee to have their best.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Busy place

Overworked and no one cares

Retail pharmacy. That’s all you need to know. Way too busy and severely understaffed. They don’t care about work ethic or if you stay late to help. They only care about metrics. Got to get those care passes, make sure you hit the register prompts, we’re gonna overwork you and under pay you in a severely understaffed and overworked Pharmacy. CVS is a joke and most technicians don’t have the proper training.

Benefits

Cons

Short or no breaks, staff/management that don’t care, rude customers

Good thing is team work and bad thing is no time management

Misuse lower level staff by manager’s. Hire supervisor and taking work from them cashier , floor work cleaning and etc. Fully on supervisor and cashier shoulders.

Better be ready

Always, always be ready to just work and do nothing else, because management will not appreciate your work ethic or performance. 3 months of my time was wasted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.2K

InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight