CVS Health Employee Reviews

CVS just wants you to get the job done
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXApril 25, 2018
I felt like I was always behind there. I would be given too many assignments to do in one shift and I would have to take care of customers needs as well.
Good environment to learn new things quickly
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2018
Good environment to learn new things quickly. The best way to learn is to get your feet wet and practice, so CVS did a great job of training me to be a good care giver.
I enjoy CVS
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 25, 2018
Yeah, the job is stressful and fast but my coworkers make up for all the bad. If you take everything personal and don’t have thick skin this job is not for you. You can breathe wrong and someone is going to flip out on you. But! If you have a little confidence in yourself and a brain eventually, without actually calling them stupid, you can help patients understand that they are acting unnecessarily idiotic and then smile and go about your day. But yeah, working for CVS isn’t for everyone.
Pros
Great team and benefits
Cons
Long, busy days
Glorified Assembly line Pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
Pharmacy is not adequately staffed with technicians, Pharmacist are cashiers, technicians etc. CVS should give us technician help and let pharmacists should be pharmacist. Everything we do is timed by the computer system and our flow is integrated by the computer system and we are judged on the times.
Pros
Hmmmm....cant think of any
Cons
glorified assembly line, bad management
good job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 25, 2018
the manager is the best at kaimuki, they are really flexible with my school schedule and give me time off whenever I need it. they appreciate my work and encourage personal growth
stressful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 25, 2018
Typical day a work would be dealing with customers and working the register. I didn't earn anything except how to work a different register than my previous jobs. Management is good. Hardest part would be dealing with angry customers, mot enjoyable part was lunch.
Cons
short breaks . cut hours
Pharmacy was a stressful place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Willimantic, CTApril 25, 2018
I was a pharmacy technician who worked part time. I enjoyed the job, we were all trained in all tasks so you didn't get bored. However, as you can imagine, customers get angry if their prescriptions are not correct or can't be filled. If you are sensitive or have a temper, this is not the place for you because you will spend much of your time being yelled at by customers. The pay is way too low for the amount of stress you deal with, and I can't imagine living independently off that job alone. My manager was great though and was very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Great manager, learned a lot, training provided, convenient locations
Cons
Stressful, mean customers, lunch breaks and shifts are timed down to the minute
awesome co-workers and managers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2018
I learned so much working there, everyone was nice, specially the managers. They are willing to help with any problems the technicians has. Sometimes, it can get chaotic and the managers can get frustrated, but we tries to stay focused and positive.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RIApril 25, 2018
I was employed at two different CVS locations. One was a small store that was fairly busy during the summer months. The other was a huge store what was extremely busy all of the time and had a lot of workers there all the time. I tend to prefer the smaller store environment where I am able to interact more with the customers.
productive place
HR/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here. The management staff was friendly and helpful. You could take vacation at anytime you chose. Great place to work. Only left due to relocation.
It's a paycheck
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHApril 25, 2018
Since CVS has purchased Omnicare, things have went downhill. Long story short, it helps pay the bills while I look for something else. Once upon a time I enjoyed working here, now, it's all about margins and profits. No longer do I feel we are fulfilling patient needs, rather we are filling corporate needs.
Pros
PTO is decent
Cons
Literally, everything but the PTO.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 25, 2018
Fun place to work, awesome customers and staff. Clean place, always helping each other out. Staff are fun to work with and helpful if you need coverage.
OK for temp entry level employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2018
As a pharmacy technician, you are in teams of 100+ with no room for advancement. Promotions come up VERY rarely and most of the time a candidate is hand chosen by management and asked personally to apply (as I was). Not a good way to foster talent. Mandatory overtime is required on a regular basis as scheduling and workflow is very poorly managed. There is NO reward for going above and beyond the basic job requirements. Pay raises are annual and paltry at best (3%). Company loves to advertise that they give quarterly bonuses, but these amount to maybe 4 hours of compensation at best. You will be more highly and diversely trained than your superiors, though this will not help you to advance.
stressful environment
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
there is a severe need for more staffing at every pharmacy. they value giving customer amazing healthcare and service with little to no staff. we're not able to help each individual patient with the time constraints, the over influx of people with insurance that is only covered at our pharmacy. a lot of people who work here tend to quit and we have a high turnover rate due to poor training and many patients being inconsiderate assuming that we are supposed to give them everything at that exact moment. there just isn't enough time in a day with the number of hours allotted to make every single person happy.
Pros
as a pharmacist, if you want hours you can have as many as you want
Cons
no one really takes breaks unless you work at a really slow store, being a technician is confusing especially if you are new. overtime is not allowed for techs, overly stressful environment
Helping Serve Enteral
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for CVS. Most of all i enjoyed my coworkers and our goals to help tube feed patients. It was a lovely experience to get to know others that are dealing with life threatening disorders. Connecting with them on so many levels was amazing.
Was not what i thought it was
Front End/Cashier/Overnight (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Manager was very unprofessional and talks about employees with other employees. Workers are very lazy and depends on the one willing to work to do everything
Ma, Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ware, MAApril 25, 2018
Good place to work- management was great. The hardest part were the unhappy customer with high co-pays.
The most enjoyable was helping customers and receiving praise for good customer care.
A typical day involved taking phone calls and processing insurance cards.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Young employees
fast pace some day slower then others
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 25, 2018
some days are busy some days are for the most part go in pack and follow your scheadule clean up 5 min before shift end and you learn almost something new everyday
Pros
pto
Cons
n/a
Busy Day
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 24, 2018
- Fill about 200 prescriptions
- Ring out costumers
- Help costumers with insurance issues. Sometime there are people who aren't happy with the issue and thing that we are the one that have to take care of it even though its a contract between the insurance company and the patient. Along with that, some of the will get upset that you can't solve the issue right there and then
- Help costumers with questions
- Answer phone
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLApril 24, 2018
CVS Pharmacy is a great entry- level job into customer service. The work is fasted pace, management was great and showed appreciation for their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K
46.1K
36K
22.5K
12.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

63out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CVS Health.