CVS Health Employee Reviews

poor management
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 21, 2018
Company has little regard for its employees. Employees are all extremely stressed out and overworked. Company never thanks you for your efforts but is always asking more and more and more.
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
just about everthing else
Excellent job, but not a career company
Shift Supervisor/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2018
I worked for CVS for over 11 years. I started in high school and worked through college and after. Having been with the company for such a long time, you’d think my loyalty and hard work would pay, but it didn’t. CVS is an extremely stingy company when it comes to pay. They offer a $0.25 increase once a year and that’s only because you are forced to be in a union. There’s no merit raises or anything. I would only recommend working here as a first job for customer service experience.
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
You have the opportunity to operate the store to how you believe it will be successful. The most challenging part is to balance a high paced retail environment, pharmacy and district training you have to be a committed individual.
Pros
recognition, team building opportunity, feedback and communication
Cons
challenges include the technology being outdated.
stable job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 21, 2018
very demanding, fast paced work environment with not enough hours budgeted for staffing makes the place exhausting and burns out even the best of employees.

But it is a strong stable company with good health benefits which is always trying to develop and be successful.

Doesn't put enough money into software to make day to day computer use efficient.
benefits
Cons
burns you out due to not enough staff and difficulty hiring/retaining new employees
excellent
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working the prior authorization department. my supervisor was professional and understanding. He would give me set tasks that i would need to complete. it was consise and clear what my job duties were
CVS Pharmacy is a great company .
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2018
The pharmacy department fills consumers prescriptions. The pharmacy staff work very hard and are calm under pressure. The pharmacists are good in answering questions and helping consumers by selecting the appropriate over the counter medication. I learn a lot as an employee while working with CVS. The company is good by providing health insurance to part -time employees.
Stable work but difficult customers at times
Shift Supervisor/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 21, 2018
I have learned patience. My co-workers were wonderful but the customer expectations were unreasonable at times. Front doors malfunctioning were put on a complaint against me as a cashier.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible work schedule. No time for family
Simple Job with Unfortunate Hours
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 21, 2018
CVS Specialty takes you through thorough training before you are welcomed onto the open floor. The lead of each team and the supervisor are welcoming and kind throughout the experience. There seems to be general irritation and drama on the floor. The company seems to make changes regularly without including detail as to how the changes are to be carried out. It is an easy job for the amount that you get paid and the opportunity for overtime is almost always available. I would say this is an average experience all things considered.
Pros
Good Management, Promotes health within the workplace
Cons
Fairly boring work, General workplace irritation
Stressful
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2018
CVS has a lot of work to do on team building, management engagement, and salary. Benefits were also horrible, very expensive, and not enough coverage, especially for families.
Good for starting out
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2018
Good pay depending on the hours you work. You are by yourself and cold and flu season suck. I wanted to learn and do more so after two and a half years of minor acute illness I moved onto a setting that allowed me to manage chronic conditions and work at the full ability of my scope of practice.
Also at the time I worked every other weekend and split weekends which I hated.
Pros
pay
Cons
on call days, weekends.
Great Job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 21, 2018
During the day I would work on the register. This includes selling items, money-orders, giftcard, passports, photos and balloons. We also have to keep track of the carts and restock when the counters get low.
Pros
Discounts, great manager, nice co-workers
Cons
Usually work alone with the manager in the backroom
Over worked staff
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2018
This job is the worst. They are constantly cutting hours; therefore, sometimes there's just ONE Technician and ONE pharmacist all day at a busy pharmacy. Not to mention they are also short staffed. You sometimes work long hours with just ONE break, which is lunch break, even though the policy says different. Mangers do not care about you. It's even frowned upon to bring water to drink because the rule is that techs cannot have any food or drinks in the pharmacy, even if you're there for long hours. There are way too many rules and procedures for everything. Some managers have favoritism and allow some technicians to do what ever they want, while yelling and demeaning other technicians. Certain locations does not know the meaning of team work. The company is all about numbers, making sure percentage is high and the number of prescriptions being sold are high as well. They don't care about the actual patient and what the patient needs and if you try to help the patients out then YOU'RE the one that gets a warning. Plus to transfer out your location, you will need your manager's approval, so basically if they cannot find anyone to replace you then you are stuck where you at because it will not be approved.
nice enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2018
nice opportunity , hires on the spot and have great hours and benefits for everyone young , old ,new , transfers and also pregnancy benefits and also every manager I've meet has been so lenient with me so I respect the company more for that and we also really care about health by not selling tabacco
Pros
employee discount
Competitive Salary
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 20, 2018
As long as you manage your time well and have a good team, it's pretty smooth. Willingness to work in the pharmacy is a must as they are the bread and butter
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedules
Cons
Limited hours
Coworkers and Job is easy!
Cashiering/Stocker (Summer Job) (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Everyone in the store is very nice and professional! The job positions are easy believe it I've tried it all and it's not very hard at all. Sometime their will be customers get annoying but die down after you or manager solve the problem.
Enjoyed this company till I had transferred to Florida
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dennis, MAJanuary 20, 2018
It's different in every state they go by different standards instead of following the same standard set forth by the company Great customers but hard to keep up with demand many roles for one technician
Productive fun work place
CVS Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2018
Management are great u get your breaks clean safe everyone is like family competitive pay easy job great learning experience over night shift is very hard if your not use to being up
Pros
Fun learning experience
Cons
Over night work
CVS was a temporary job
Assistant to District Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Retail Job is very demanding. The environment was stressful. Pharmacists, interns and technicians would cry once a month. Extremely demanding of perfect store scores, and lack of help from upper management to keep stores fully staffed and functioning.
Quick-paced environment with direct customer relations
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 20, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Learned management skills. Helping patients with insurance problems/medication questions/OTC recommendations. Gratification from the job comes from helping these patients with day to day issues.
What I learned
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2018
What I have learned at CVS is that you have to be able to multi-task in a fast pace pharmacy such as the one that I worked at. The customers can be demanding.
Pros
Works with employees schedules
Cons
Some days no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.