CVS Health
53Below average

CVS Health Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

This is a wonderful place to work! The work is fast paced and dynamic, good fun challenging work for a business professional with a wonderful work culture.
Sub title: 20th Century Culture in the 21st Century This was my fourth stint at CVS; three as a temporary employee in other departments and one in an HR call center. I thought any HR department at CVS headquarters would better embody what the company preaches than say a department on the opposite coast with little interaction with the rest of the company. I was woefully mistaken. FMLA was our specialty, and knowledge of the Family and Medical Leave Act made most folks their better able to abuse the system. FMLA became "Friday/Monday, and Late Arrival" for them. Attendance was terrible, and in a call center, that means everyone else has to take more calls. Coworkers would use all of their PTO in the first half of the year, then have every excuse under the sun to take more time off. Seems like they catered to low-income single mothers who have young children who struggle working first shift due to doctors appointments etc (I'm a parent of young children myself and found working the early shift tough, but I was there to work not abuse the system or cry about it). We had 5 members of management in a department of 30 people in a small space. If you needed help on a call or an irate employee requested to speak with a manager, the managers would all dodge taking the call. Instead of face-to-face interaction with someone sitting 10 feet away from you, supervisors would rather hide behind their screens sending emails, and IMs and the like. Managers would not say hello to you. They would bee-line to their cubes and hide behind their screens. One supervisor while - more...
Pros
Commute, New-mother friendly, Good amount of entry level jobs
Cons
Short breaks, Lack of an Agile/Lean culture, Layoffs, Core values upheld only when convenient, Managerial cattiness, Employees on work visas cherished over local employees
This experience was one of the worst of my life. It was stressful, cruel, and I was treated horribly, as was everyone else, by my boss, the HR Manager.
Great corporation in a fantastic location. Good benefits and paid time off. The merge with CVS was an exciting opportunity for all involved. On site gym and bus pass provided
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Pay is average
I have received many opportunities and had a very rewarding career with this company. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering working for this company in the future.
I am proud to work for a company that stands behind it's principles. The company motto is that they place people on their path to better health. When they stopped selling tobacco products, they clearly stood behind that motto.
I have been working in the Lincoln, RI corporate office for some time now. In this time I have worked very hard and been a committed and loyal employee, busting my buns to improve the day to day functionality. It has been very clear for quite some time that 1) this company is still very behind in times, with little technical advancements, wasted time and money. 2) values employees who have neither skill or experience in what they are doing 3) sneaks around rather then being honest and upfront. There are some snakes in this place and by some I mean 90% of the people I have had to work with. This place is filled with laziness and liars - people who take credit for the work others do and leaves lots of room for paper pushing, those are the people who don't actually know/want to do their work so they throw fits and pass their work off onto others. Superiors that do not know the positions under them that they are responsible for and do not care to understand cannot make things better, so while they are running around micromanaging people who are getting quality work done and meeting deadlines all they do is cause chaos. Such a frustrating place to exist especially when ethics do not exist. This place is absurd, keep looking any other company would be better then this. Your talents and skills are worth more then this place will afford you, respect yourself because these people won't respect you.
Pros
No OT you don't feel obligated to stay late!
Cons
Every single thing that involves this place is a con key word CON
Busy, educational, understaffed at times. Easy place to work. A quick productive day but can also be challenging sometimes. I learned a lot about what the drugs do.
Overall, great company to work for, dedicated to a rewards based culture and innovation.
Jobs at CVS Health