CVS Health

CVS Health insights

Based on 10,527 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Very busy and not supported employee's back environment

I left company for personal reasons: my family needed immediate attention, but dispatcher called me while I was visiting ER with my kid with questions about additional patients, which I needed to visit no matter what time, but "today". 50-55 good paid hours per week easily, but it is a lot of work with a lot of documentation, which you most likely would complete in spare time, becouse of system. Not much care for patients either, complain, complain , complain..

Pros

Good pay, if you can drive

Cons

Sometimes unsafe, pushing management, not supportive environment.

RUN SCREAMING if you get an offer

OMG in 20 years in healthcare I have worked for some sh** companies, but this one takes the cake. Have worked here almost a year, and I'm GTFO'g after the holidays. They FAILED their state compliance audit 6 months ago and the state took their medicaid patients away (40% of their business). They went from forcing nurses to work 90 hours PER WEEK to "no overtime will be allowed EVER, PERMANENTLY" in the last 2 months. They don't pay enough to NOT get overtime (RNs make less than $40/hr) and have suddenly decided (this week) that if you are even close to going over 40 hours, the schedulers will simply, arbitrarily, REMOVE YOUR APPOINTMENTS AND GIVE THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. I'm sorry, but first you tell me I am responsible for every appointment on my board (because they're my patients, I'm the "case manager") to "oh but wait, we might have to pay you money if you see them?". In the last 2 months, 5 out of 8 pharmacists and 4 out of 7 upper managers have either outright found new employment or suddenly (ie within 1 day) mysteriously gone on "LOA"s ... obviously they know something the rest of us don't. Move along, nothing to see here!!!

Flexibility and Great people to work with

This is my first home health job, I get to schedule and plan my work day. I work independently and i also feel part of a team. I have learned I love to teach people. I love the fact I get to help people to be able to stay at home and get their medical needs taken care of. The hardest part of my job is last minute additions to my schedule when i think my day is done. I love taking care of my patients and making them feel more comfortable about administering their own meds at home.

Love working with CVS/Coram

Coram Infusion Services owned by CVS Health had the most amazing nursing manager. She was absolutely the best. Unfortunately she recently resigned. :(

One of my favorite jobs ever

I loved my work at Accordant. But new management came in and health insurance was slashed. My husband's first fill of medications was going to cost $4000, and I had to look for another job. I miss my work there.

Pros

Meaningful work, autonomy

Cons

Terrible health insurance coverage, inadequate compensation

Accordant is bought out by cvs and they are extremely difficult to work with I came fro Cvs and it was the worst move now I'm out looking for a job

Terrible treat their professionals like they are nothing Supervisors are out of touch Their quality dept think they are in the 1960's they have not touched a patient at bedside in years and their msn is worthless without current practice experience

Pros

Cons

Accordant is awful to their employees

Infusion Nurse Raleigh, NC

I initially liked working here, however I found the out going and in coming managers were absolutely difficult to work with not to mention the one staff nurse they had is simply crazy. I was hired to work PRN or part time and the company tries to work you as you're full time. Apply only if you want short term work and do not plan to stay long.

Pros

pay if they paid over time

Good work-life balance.

DON verbally abusive to staff. Upon quitting me and other employees have not gotten last pay checks.

Pros

flexible scheduling.

Cons

unable to get my last two pay checks had to hire lawyer.

Great Job......... daily travel too high...... days too long

* more than 200* dont know what I learned* good management.* Great co workers* Hardest part of the job was the past midnight to trips more than 100 miles from home.* most enjoyable part of the job was the actual work... and the teaching of the patients.

Pros

autonomy, the pay

Cons

way too late nights, spouse could not relax related to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare CVS Health with

Career recommendations for Registered Nurse Case Manager

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Registered Nurse Case Manager in US