CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 20,107 reviews matching the search See all 20,296 reviews
Awesome Corporate Vision
Shift Supervisor Rx (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2019
The Corporate Vision is one that is packaged and presented so beautifully that anyone can get behind it. And I believe that the company does try to stay true to their vision. However, some store management doesn't hold true to the company's values, and that can make it difficult to work there.

Pros:
Decent pay | Awesome Corporate Support | Decent employee discount when you use your coupons | Loyal Customers that can make your day |

Cons:
Poor managers that the company can't get rid of | Health benefits are for FT only (but every Nov, HR will average out your hours to determine if you're eligible) | Kind of hard to move upwards when upper management doesn't want to work on your development.
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 24, 2019
Good place to work, the employees really care for their jobs and customers. As a pharmacy technician, we take pride in getting to know the patients and their lives.
Not a bad place to work expect alot with very little hours and few people.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Egypt, NJJune 24, 2019
When i started working I started with the 2 BEST pharmacist you could ask for. No both of them are not there and the ones that took over treat you like a robot. They expect more than the available time. plus now after doing all i can for them working well past my availability and now they cut my hours.
Cons
hardly a chance to use the bathroom.
Bad company for employees
Supervisor Pharmacist Jessica Vida (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 24, 2019
This company only cares about higher ups, CEOs not regular employees. I worked 9 years benefits are extremely low. Cutting hours and expect you to do the same amount of work with less employees and less time.
Nun
Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 24, 2019
Overall, I would not recommend anyone work there. It was poorly trained and it was corrupt to say the least. I enjoyed some of my coworkers and the usual customers but that is all. Also the hours are not steady so don't expect a steady check. That is all
Horrible Job
RX Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJune 24, 2019
Worst job of my life... do not work for this company!!! This job is your life! There’s no work life balance. The management is run very poorly. Never will work here again!
Pros
Benefits only if you get full time hours
Cons
Hard to get time off. Management is poorly ran!
Very poor training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2019
This company has very poor training , they lie about how training works to get you in the door. The staff belittles employees. They mess payroll up constantly.
Wonderful place to work, pay is great. Managment not so much
Cashier, training pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 24, 2019
Everything as cvs is great and easy, I have no issues with the fact that I was able to place in the pharmacy program fairly quickly. But soon it became a hassle to get hours or finish online modules. Managment was hostile and uncomfortable.
Pros
Good pay and hours.
Cons
Bad communication, bad management
overly stressful
Lead Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 24, 2019
I have met and trained many people within the company. Most start out eager and then later realize no one cares. I enjoy my actual job and I love my customers which is mostly why I have stayed. There is NO job security and you are replaceable and it feels that way every day.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No hours, can work harder than anyone anywhere and no one cares.
active Job
CVS Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2019
A typical Day At work was to help the managers maintain a net place for the customers and to overwrite any system issues including in the Pharmacy. Help checkout customers and answer any question.
Average work place, but high stress due to lack of enough employees and work speed.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marina, CAJune 23, 2019
A typical day at work: High pressure work place.
What I learned: Pharmacy tech prescription filling.
Management: Unfriendly.
Workplace culture: Routing and detached.
Hardest part of the job: fast pace due to lack of hiring enough techs, and insufficient break time.
Pros
Proximity to home
Cons
No breaks; unfriendly.
Productive and good work place,
Shift Supervisor Rx / CVS Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, OHJune 23, 2019
Good work place but don't offer enough hours to work. Only one shift lead during the day and even doing all work plus taking care of customers plus office work.
Very Stressful for Pharmacists to work in!!
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 23, 2019
They chew you up and spit you out . they do not show any
compassion for their employees at all no matter where you are unless you KISS UP. they do not appreciate their older workers ie; anyone over the age of 40 .
they try and make it very very difficult for you to stay there and do not give you the help you need either in the Pharmacy or the Front Store
Productive fast paced fun
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNJune 23, 2019
This place worked with anyone who wanted to advance in a carree. They provide classes for anything you might need.flexibility on work schedule........
Pros
Discounts rewards
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Avoid this place like the plague
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2019
There is blatant favoritism, no one owns their mistakes and there is constant criticism. The store I worked in was a joke. The entire staff had to be turned over a few years ago because everyone in there (including the manager) were stealing merchandise and money. I didn’t kiss my bosses butt enough so I got overlooked for advancement on multiple occasions. I also was left with whatever shifts needed to be covered while other people got set schedules. There was people stealing at least a dozen times a day. Our Loss Prevention guy even got fired for stealing! This company is joke. They don’t care about the employees or their safety. Stay far far away.
Poor
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 23, 2019
The training program would be good if it was done by a professional training manager not someone who doesn't even know their own job.
Unorganized training store manager as well as extremely unfamiliar with her own job that she could not do the training correctly, properly and in accurate amount of time, Training store manager did not even know what the goals were nor how to set them.
Training store manager did not know how to manage her own time and the time needed for projects and as things went wrong which is the norm she blamed everyone from the cashiers all the way up to her own managers, never once she took responsibility for her own actions.
Later I came to find out that she was going to be demoted and was transferred to a slower performing store as she managed to misguide her previous store, Training store manager cut corners and falsified documents just to meet her goals on paper, Training store manager also used training hours illegally because she overused her labor hours and when there was zero training hours she didn't finish training.
Although you are hired as a manager you are doing 10% managerial work and 90% grunt work, stocking and cleaning and merchandising is what you will be doing most days, hardly any time to actually manage.
My training manager was a racist and I requested to be transferred 3 times and they looked the other way.
It was fun to work there because all my friends worked there
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 23, 2019
It was a bad place to work at because of were is was located at.the people I worked whit were a nice group of people.and being at work on time and going home late.
A good place to work as long as you kiss up to upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 23, 2019
Like all jobs politics is involved. If the DM or above doesn't like you even if you are productive and run a good store it doesn't matter. They will find a way to get rid of you.
Fast paced
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJune 23, 2019
Very fast paced and stressful position. Only important thing is the bottom line. Not much room for advancement. Pay and benefits are ok. Schedule issues.
Cvs health
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2019
Overall as a company they lack the insight to view the daily activities of staff. Staff is under intense time frames and expectations, however the staff isn't always properly trained. The amount of work is NOT conductive with the amount of hours scheduled. The schedule constantly fluctuates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss