CVS Health Employee Reviews

Found 20,129 reviews matching the search See all 20,318 reviews
productive
Triage Team (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2019
family orientated, great job if you like overtime and repetitive actions throughout the day.
very fun potlucks and decent management. Drama should be kept to a minimum to keep your job.
Pros
help when needed
Cons
short breaks
Great experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 25, 2019
The company has excellent benefits and pay. Overtime (time in a half) is offered often which can be a good thing (income wise). Call center environment is great. Can be fast paced during busy seasons. Job can be very informative.
Pros
Pay, experience
Cons
Work life balance for a mom of little children
They are rude an nothing wjat they day they are.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, VAJune 25, 2019
If you like drama an no help to do your job that's the right place for you. Patients going off an cussing you because there medication isnt ready.When they was told it was an they call you names an throw stuff at you.
Great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 25, 2019
This was my best job yet. I left because hours being cut so i had to find a better job with better hours.. i would recommend this job to anyone i jave nothing bad to say about it
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Hours being cut
Poor environment - People and Building Conditions
Operations Manager - Regional Distribution Center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2019
Warehouse is a dump. Trash and product everywhere and the people can care less. Back stabbing management team and if the workers dont like you, they will simply go over your head and know that whatever they say will be looked at and honored as the truth. GOOD LUCK
Crappiest location I’ve worked at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  79th and StatelineJune 25, 2019
Do not work here you want I’ll hate it and you will want to leave because of bad management please do not work at this location cooperate does not care bout employees feelings period. Dont
Pros
Nun
Cons
Manager
Customer service driven job with unsteady scheduling
Shift Supervisor/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 25, 2019
You do have the opportunity to advance at CVS but you have to spend your life there pretty much. The schedule can be tiring when you have to work days and nights and sometimes go without weekends off. If you are a people person with a good attitude, this is a good place for employment.
Pros
benefits, good work experience
Cons
unsteady scheduling
good for a first job, not good for a career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 25, 2019
Working is retail is tough and I was never a fan of working at CVS. Luckily the one i worked at was slow, but there wasn't much motivation to work harder and it never seemed like the type of company where you could advance and make a great career from it.
While working at CVS Pharmacy I learned a great deal about retail
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2019
Working in retail for CVS Pharmacy was challenging, yet I rose to the challenge. The demand in Pharmacy was extremely high and oftentimes we were under scheduled which made the job a little more stressful.
Stressful environment
Pharmacy Scheduler/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2019
A typical day at work is chaotic. Workplace culture is very stressful. Company has changed a lot. I use to very much enjoy working here. It is challenging to successfully complete tasks without the proper amount of staff to work with.
Productive and beneficial
Sales Associat e/St ock (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 25, 2019
Very great place to work. The environment is everything & the job titles are very beneficial overall 10/10 CVS. I would recommend anybody if your looking for great benefits & a place with outstanding health to work at CVS
A stable environment and well structured
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2019
CVS Caremark is a great place to work . It works very hard to stay on task in order to provide great customer service and to make the work environment a safe place.
Pros
Job security
Cons
More time for the employees to set up desk top on a daily basis.
Great job can work lots of hours but get paid great
CVS Distribution Loader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2019
When I first started with was only like 5 guys having 2 lanes and had to work 12 hours a day until the staff got larger. I started off as a loader and then later was educated to train on the cherry picker and then later controlled the sorter operator. If you show dedication to the job they will move you around to help them so you can help out in any location
Pros
Discounts at any CVS location, Pto, Holiday pay
Cons
short breaks, long shifts sometimes weekends too
A flawed workplace with many issues
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 25, 2019
CVS pharmacy places profits above employees, the pharmacy I work in does not have enough hours to be fully staffed. This leads to issues with productivity because there are not enough people in the pharmacy at any one time to get things done as they would need to be done. CVS corporate does not care about this and instead pushes pharmacists to work longer and longer hours without extra pay to make up for the lack of support staff. This has been going on for a long time and there is no end in sight.
It is not worth it
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLJune 25, 2019
At first I was very excited to work at CVS, but after the first 2 months, I started to realize that they are very unorganized, all the employees hate working there, the hours they give you are not enough to survive, there is so much mental abuse from the customers because nothing is ever ready (due to poor management) etc. Would not recommend.
busy and fast-paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milltown, NJJune 25, 2019
its a very fast-paced work environment. Ive learned a lot over a short time of working there. the hardest part is trying to keep up sometimes but the most enjoyable is knowing you made a difference in someones life
Pros
easy commute
Cons
no benefits, not enough staff
Productive and good place to work
Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  640 Arthur Kill Road Staten Island NY 10308June 25, 2019
CVS offers a good work environment and competitive pay. As a manager, I feel like an important part of the organization and my input in the daily operations of my store are greatly valued.
It all depends...
Front Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 25, 2019
...on who you work with and what store you work at. Your team can make or break you. I'm fortunate to work with an amazing team at a fantastic location. I have worked with the opposite at other stores. I'm on my 3rd run with CVS. I work for about 2 years leave for a while then end up going back.
I adore each one of my co-workers. We all get along so well and we totally get each other. We are always on the same page with the same goals in mind. We have great customers! They also can make or break you. Thankfully our customers make us. Having worked at a few locations this one is definitely one of my faves!
We have a lot of snowbirds 75% of the year. They are just so stinkin sweet. We also have several families with high school age children who IMO are pretty darn polite for teenagers. Very impressive in this day and age.
Demographics are key when picking a store to work at. Just sayin.
CVS as a company; yikes! See my list of Cons.
Pros
Easy job, fair about breaks/lunches, it's as good as you make it, good variety of duties, pay is fair
Cons
Corporate is all about corporate, Demanding of the managers, Rigid-flexibility is non-existent, Unsupportive of it's store employees, Stores are outdated, New hires are siloed
Fast-paced and engaging work.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2019
No two days are the same, however I enjoy developing my team. CVS always offers opportunities for advancement to those who exceed expectations. The main challenge is that hours are always tight.
Pros
opportunities for growth, compensation, colleagues
Cons
long hours, constant re-alignments
Amazing work enviroment
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 24, 2019
I really enjoyed the detail metrics and support provided to me by my manger. The work could be tough but I was always given great coaching and tips. Had access to a lot of education that helped me take on a variation of work. Great transparency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

58%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss