CVS Health Employee Reviews

12.2K
Found 22,173 reviews matching the search See all 22,341 reviews
Okay job
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 19, 2018
No fast career advancement. Need more employees working at one time. Pay should be more according to job experience. Set hours and fair job treatment.
Pros
Discount
Great Starter Job but not a career
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 19, 2018
The hours in the pharmacy are variable. It really takes a great staff to make the day to day worth it. The customers are all rude and seldom do you have someone that thanks you for your work. There are no pay incentives being that each year they give you a $.10 raise. There is no room for advancement beyond a lead technician level. The salary cap is $16 an hour and not public knowledge. Nobody ever reaches that salary cap due to the fact that you'll most likely quit.
Pros
discount car
Cons
bad company in general. Look up CVS' history and you'll see what I mean
Great place to work poor management
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vivion Road Kansas City MissouriApril 19, 2018
It was a pretty fast-paced job I always try to get along with everybody and have fun at what I'm doing. The supervisors were pretty strict there but all the employees and key holders they were a lot of fun to work with. I enjoyed the job that I did my biggest thing was that's a customer's that's the store happy with what they purchase
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Poor management no brakes
The work place
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2018
The managers were not friendly or helpful. Work was motivating enough. Needed more activity. Would not recommend this place for employment. Did not give incentives
Pros
If you like to work alone
Cons
Mangers not helpful
It is a fortune five company
Seasonal Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIApril 19, 2018
CVS Health is a pharmacy company with many branches. These include over 7500 retail stores, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), and long term care pharmacies (LTC).
pretty good place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 19, 2018
Too much turnover, not enough training,payroll hours led to a lot of stress and negativity in this store. may have just been the store though. other stores seemed to be much better
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
long hours on feet
Fast-paced and good natured people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTApril 19, 2018
I had an amazing experience at Omnicare. I found a passion for numbers within dosage calculations. The staff and management is helpful and friendly and want you to succeed.
Pros
Collaborative Training and transparency
Cons
Work gets repetitive
the most enjoyable part of the job
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
I love the one on one relationship you can build with the patients. It's more than just ringing them up for their prescriptions, you can become an informal member of the family.
Faced paced. Poor management. Severely under paid.
Customer Service Rep./ Cashier / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Islip Terrace, NYApril 19, 2018
Responsible for being a cashier, photo tech, managing inventory, keeping store clean, etc. Very poor management, very little room for advancement. Employees are shown the bare minimum of appreciation/ praise when it comes to their hard work.

**Worked at CVS for almost 5 years, started at $8.25/hr, became a shift supervisor last few months that I worked there and was only making $10.00/hr (had to beg for that much, wasn't going to get a raise). **
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
No paid vaca/sick time. Poor management. Poor pay.
great
Data Entry Specialist Technicia (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
Great place to work, learning experience, quick pace, employees are helpful and love the environment. Managers are helpful. But sometimes over worked.
decent
SALES ASSOCIATE/ MANAGER ASSINTANT (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYApril 19, 2018
had its up and downs but it was as i would say a very delightful experince meeting with the people everyday trying to help the customers and our coworkers
Nice work enviremont
Field Service Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 19, 2018
Typical work hours and workdays where you learn a lot everyday and get to know and communicate with different people. Loved to represent my pharmacy, where i had very good relations with with all the customers of my account. Looked forward to meet people on a daily basis and answered all their questions.
working with cvs
2nd shift loader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2018
its hard work managerment is bad they don't listen to the employees
they said 8 to 9 hours then become 12 hours day they get mad if u mess up but it easy for them to write u up for nothing
productive and fast paced environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 18, 2018
Typical workday entailed prescription data entry, billing insurance, filling prescriptions, answering phone calls from patients and drs and under the pharmacist, providing patient counseling
Cvs
Cashier (Current Employee) –  League City, TXApril 18, 2018
Know that you have to just work your hardest, but don't expect people to notice your good work ethic. Also, some of the polices are completely irrational.
Pros
teamwork, get to have a rapport with customers.
Cons
stressful, having to know many medications by memory.
not at all what i expected
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 18, 2018
No room for advancement..want to be more hands on,looking for something that will allow me to move up in the company and be recongnized for a job well down
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
night shift hours
Very stressful and low paying retail job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
A typical day at this job is very stressful and not compensated well at all for all the things an employee does there. They are always on budget for part time employees and barely hire full time employees.
Good for a teen looking for part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 18, 2018
Not a career choice for me. It put some money in my pocket, no chance for any advancement. Overnight delivery's were tough to do by myself. It's a good job for a teen starting out.
N/a
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAApril 18, 2018
The manager was great in some areas and terrible by not caring about what goes on it the store. Supervisors are lazy and no one is held accountable...
My Review
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Managers are very value the time and effort being on the job but I was not learning anything new, I spent many hours just to re organize things within the store and I was not feeling very happy as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

53%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss