CVS Health

CVS Health insights

Based on 10,463 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

very productive work place.

We started working as soon as we entered the pharmacy. Customers are waiting at the front register and at drive-thru for pharmacy to open and start work. Everyone in the pharmacy worked very hard and non-stop. I liked working with my coworkers. They never took their 15 minutes breaks because they knew no one was their to cover them. Everyone had to do multitask to keep up with the work load. We had work board which we used to assign places and work to individual technician. This helped us manage and organze the pharmacy.

Pros

Fun to work with coworkers. Time goes by very quickly.

Cons

Hard to keep technicians. They get stressed and burned out easily.

No flexibility and confusing work requirements

CVS needs better management. I hated working there as it was confusing to meet requirements and when I didn’t meet the requirements I was confused about I was fired.

Did not like the changing schedule each week

The manager made it a fun place to work although there were many people that quit every few weeks. I thought it was pretty good overall but the pay could’ve been alittle better.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

The inconsistent schedule

Despite being one of the better paying retail jobs, its still retail.

Worked as a cashier w no exp. Made 12 dollars an hour. Management is hoplessly out of touch w the whole carepass thing but otw if you have a good time, its bearable. I mean, its retail what do you expect? This was in Miami btw.

Pros

Good pay for a cashier w no exp.

Cons

Its retail.

High stress , heavy workload, unappreciative management

CVS has totally lost any appreciation for its colleagues. The upper management has made it clear the retail part of the business is not important at all to them , and the stores are simply a walkway to the pharmacy. No support, terrible merchandising and inventory planning, no staffing, constant turnover and shop floors in disarray. Constant changing priorities and an overwhelming number of metrics and goals to maintain, typically on the shoulders of the manager to complete by themselves while working the register and juggling basic daily operations of a retail store. No advancement opportunities unless your a pharmacist.

Pros

Relatively autonomous work, ability to develop a cohesive team.

Cons

Inadequate staffing, overwhelming task based workload, low pay, high stress, constantly changing supervisors.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Find it to be boring

I find this job to be boring with not enough room for growth. I wish there was better pay and better encouragement from management. I would like to have more flexiblity.

Productive and fun

Job was simple, enjoyed working for them because they made it easy enough to complete certain tasks needed on the daily. Everyone was very helpful and supportive

No help from managers. Very limited feed back on performance metrics. No team meetings or one on ones with managers

They have a very high turn over rate. You are not valued in this company.No help from managers. Very limited feed back on performance metrics. None

Pros

Cons

I can only say poor management. Stores are overworked and have major complaints across the company.

Team work, customers focus for thier well being.

CVS store environment is a team effort and customer service focused environment. Team work is the key to a great working environment. Pharmacy working environment is a great and High pace environment. Patient care and well being is a top priority from the pharmacy team and working environment.

Pros

Associate working environment and team work and focus for the customers well being.

Great job

Pretty good company I was fortunate to have a great supervisor , very generous with pto, bonuses and raises. Highly recommend this company. Management is great

Friendly

Good Management , they’re always there to help you , the best coworkers , low pay for multi tasking job, schedule , you have to do everything in your shift

Dreadfully long days and horrible pay

A lot depends on the location you work at, but my store in particular had a needy clientele. In the pharmacy, I learned more about the patients than I did the medications.

Stressful, low pay

Too much stress and not enough pay. In the pharmacy, you're usually doing the job of multiple people and get paid less than lot of the other companies.

Cons

Short breaks, stressful, rude and entitled customers

Stressful, but fun coworkers

The coworkers made it fun. However other than that management need some work. Especially with COVID, it became chaotic. Those on actually front line have to be given enough credit.

Stress 24/7

Profits over people. You are just another cog in the machine and it doesn't matter what happens to you as an individual. Would never willingly work here.

Let's Go!

I really enjoyed working here my job position was remote so I got to work from home. My supervisor was always available to me and very helpful. Also it was great to meet so many new people.

High workload and no support from corporate. It always feels like you are failing, even when hitting all of the allusive metrics.

60+ hour weeks have become the expectation. It is nearly impossible to maintain a work-life balance in this role. It is heavily dependent on having a high performing team, which is difficult to retain due to low wages and poor working environments. Even with a great team, you will always be behind because of payroll constraints. Corporate tries to squeeze every last penny out of the store and provides no support in return. Speaking of support, you are expected to support the pharmacy in anything they need. This will put the store further behind and the manager will be reprimanded for it.

Pros

It's a job.

Cons

no work-life balance, inconsistent schedules, awful hours of operation, no support from corporate, Out-dated point of sale tech, Field Leadership typically comes from Pharmacy.

Good

Ok place to work, they don’t appreciate their staff as much I thought but you a lot of flexibility. Overall I do enjoy working here just the benefits and deductible are high.

Pros

Wfh

Benefits

Undervalued, Underpaid, Large disconnect from reality.

This is a terrible job, the amount of things I have had to do to keep the store running is insane. Every few months corporate introduces something new to your job role that you need to know. In addition to adding new roles to your job they slash hours expect you to sell what they call CarePass but then insist that customers are to use self-checkout. Regardless of how you perform your still be be rewarded with less hours and still be expected to meet expectations. In addition to all of this your pay as a Shift Supervisor is less than the starting pay most cashiers make other large chains.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Breaks? not a chance, Upper management has a large disconnect from there employees, You are never rewarded for your hard work, Always a skeleton crew

Too many tasks that were not related to the provider role

Good work life balance. Overall a stressful job for a NP. This is a one person operation. The company is working on adding support staff. However, expect to do everything from checking in a patient to cleaning the floors at the end of the shift

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

No support staff. A one person operation

good place to start

got experience as a technician but the pay is stagnant and work tends to take over your home life. no set schedule and constant stress from angry customers.

Pros

employee discount, pretty much guaranteed a job because turnover is constant, gained experience

Cons

schedule published day before start of week, low pay increases, late hours, on feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CVS Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight