CA Technologies Employee Reviews

Loved working at CA
Project Manager, Tampa (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 10, 2018
CA was an exceptional company to work for. I would have never left but the company was bought out so there was no need for my position anymore and was laid off.
Pros
Benefits, Team Spirit, Vacation
Truly Globally Diverse Software Leader in 2000's
SALES ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
CA was a truly global and diverse software company giant of 2000, trailing only Microsoft and Oracle.
Its employment principles enabled a purely merit-driven team of individuals from all over the world contributing directly to technical improvements and delivery, unbiased by local or nationalistic reservations, which in the latter years succumbed to conservative red colours that eventually led to its failure.
Another example of conservative nationalistic politics interfering with progress and prosperity.
Pros
Original Leadership, People
Cons
Political Interference, Conservative Nationalism
Productive company with wonderful people to work with
Boulder Hub Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 5, 2018
The start of a Monday, for example, was friendly, with people examining their weekend and revving up for the week to come. I would view my calendar for the meetings for the week and for the room reservations I needed to make. I would order supplies for the week, milk/cream, beer, coffee and tea. I signed in all the mail and made labels for outgoing packages as well as contacted all the recipients of said mail/packages. I made signage for meetings and product identification as well as names for room reservations. I answered the phone and filed documents. All the employees got along and the culture of the company was one of cooperation and teamwork. The best part of the job was knowing the company valued my abilities, trusted me and often told me they appreciated all the things I did, the event planning, the artwork, the personable attitude I exhibited and the way I treated all the visitors. The hardest part of the job was in leaving due to the acquisition. I learned that there are jobs in the world where one would very nearly prefer being at work to being away.
Pros
Overt appreciation, no micro managing
Cons
No break room
Great place to work and grow your career.
Sr. Principal, Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILNovember 5, 2018
CA Technologies was a great place to work. The climate, culture and people were absolutely fantastic. The CA organization always provided plenty of opportunity for career advancement or the ability to move into other parts of the organization if you wanted to learn something new. The work was enjoyable but like all work it was somewhat stressful at times if project deadlines were rapidly approaching. Management was great and provided individuals with a great opportunity for mentor-ship. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people and being able to come in to work each day and work alongside them to deliver value and results.
Pros
People, Benefits, Climate, Culture, Charitable Efforts
CA provided sound vision and direction for employees and for customers and investors. It is competitive, and current in IT marketplace and technology
Sr Consultant, Security Services (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYNovember 2, 2018
It's the best large company that I worked for.

But, it's a big company. And, it's a public company.

That's not a good foundation for making it the best employment arrangement for its employees, but they did try.
Pros
A company that is sound on its direction and vision with good products.
Cons
Working in CA Services was not good for life balance.
a productive environment that fosters growth and innovation
Principal technical writer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 2, 2018
employees are trusted; environment is relaxed but productive ; new ideas and innovation is promoted; opportunities are available for growth and leadership development
Good benefits. A lot of great people.
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2018
The question at CA is how long can you put up with it. Executive management is so-so.

If you can get in with a good salary, and you have an exit plan, go for it.
company was just acquired so I am on a job search
VP/Sr Dir, Global Exec Events & Sales Incentives (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYNovember 1, 2018
I have spent 28 years at CA; I 've seen the world, every day was a new day filled with great challenges; allowed us to be creative and empowered us to be innovative. Some of my best lessons were learned on the job. We were a family, a team! I will miss working here.
Was a good place to work, going forward who knows
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 30, 2018
CA was run like it was for sale for a long time. The employees were happy and taken care of, but it did not seem like anyone really liked their job. There was no real path for advancement, and investment in products was low, so this made sense. That being said, the pay was good for an easy job.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No advancement
Has a awesome gym
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 25, 2018
Awesome place to work. Have a work life balance and a short commute. In addition the compensation used to be very competitive until this past year as they changed it around.

Want to know more about CA Technologies?

Ask a question
Good people, good benefits
Financial Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 24, 2018
CA has top notch people, decent management, good benefits, employee training opportunities. On the downside, the company is being sold to Broadcom. Most employees will probably not be here next year.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, work-from-home
Cons
inconsistent pay scales
Loved working here; impending acquisition eliminating countless positions
Sr. Principal Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 24, 2018
I loved working at CA Technologies, unfortunately the Broadcom acquisition is eliminating my role and the roles of thousands of other valuable and loyal employees.
Cons
CEO sold us out
CA Technologies is a large corporation with the feel of a large company
Principal, Sales Accounting (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 23, 2018
My office location didn't change once CA Technologies purchased Automic, so some of the office culture remained the same (which was good). My job responsibilities changed and I learned new processes and systems, which I enjoyed.
Cons
Healthcare benefits not great
End of an era
Security Presales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2018
CA Technologies was a great place to work. Work life balance was very big here. Life outside of work was considered more important. CA new that if your life wasn't together, you were not able to perform at your best.

That's gone now that CA has been acquired
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Acquired
Review
Principal Proposal Manager, Public Sector (Current Employee) –  VAOctober 22, 2018
Pro's

No room for promotion
RIF's every 15 months on average
Great software portfolio, benefits
Sr. Partner Account Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
CA was a great company to work for you and provided many opportunities to grow in career. CA was finally figuring out how to make their software more easily consumed with SaaS pricing models and then the pending acquisition.
Pros
Great training, benefits
Cons
Not channel centric
Excellent Culture
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 17, 2018
I have been with CA for 36+ years. Plenty of room for growth and the employees are like family. The company has been acquired and it is sad to see it broken up.
Declining Culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Unfortunately the culture at CA that had been so attractive to so many to join and stay has declined considerably. The executive team has disappeared since the acquisition announcement.
Good company until Broadcom acquired it
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYOctober 16, 2018
Very good company to work for, competitive salary with yearly raises, a little stressful sometimes, depending on your position. CA provides good medical/dental benefits along with generous paid time off. The only negative is that every year CA does budget cuts and it is at this time that everyone has to worry about losing his/her job. I've been lucky to make it through these cuts for the past 13 years, however, since Broadcom acquired CA back in July 2018, CA will no longer exist and most of the CA employees will be let go, only time will tell how many. Hope to find out soon.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
nothing that i see at this time
Good place to work at
Senior Services Architect (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 11, 2018
I have been with CA for about 12 years now, and I have had a good run so far. Good work culture and fairly good opportunity for career development as well. Management team has been compassionate and understanding. Overall a good place to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CA Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight