CA Technologies Employee Reviews

Gradually declined over the years
Director (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 21, 2018
CA used to be a great place to work. It gradually declined over the years as they adopted a culture of layoffs and offshoring. Now they will become Broadcom, which is even worse.
Was a great place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 20, 2018
In the process of being acquired by a larger company. Finance as a back office function may be eliminated. Was a great place to work prior to the announced acquisition.
Benefits at CA were worth sticking around for
Sr. Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  Work from homeSeptember 19, 2018
I have been with CA for almost 20 years and have enjoyed working for the company for much of my career. Last summer CA was acquired by another company that does not see the need for the position I currently hold, I am therefor seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Work from home, vacation time, vision care, flexibility
Cons
work life balance negatively impacted regularly
Cai is awesome
Business Development & Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 18, 2018
I'm still here, while I may take other offers I'll very much miss these people and this job. The heart they all put into what they do, the efficacy in which they deliver and expediancy in doing so are consistently impressive.
Great company to work
Vice President Global Brand Strategy Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Great company vision, employees are super focused in achieving the highest levels of business results. Work life balance is recognized as one of the top priorities
Great people and place to work
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Offered the ability to see the world, exposed to different cultures, and was a professional working environment that focused on employees offering special events, recognition, rewards, and lots of swag.
Pros
Professional workplace
Certified Scrum Master (Project Manager) (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Overall, I have had a great experience working at CA Technologies. From the start, I felt that I had a great manager and was always challenged and learning new things. The culture promotes a nice work/life balance, and they were flexible with my schedule. My boss over the last 3 years really served as a great mentor and motivated me to work hard. I strongly believe that having a great boss or leader, is critical to your success.
Pros
gym, daycare, cafeteria, benefits, 401k
Cons
lack of growth/promotions
Good work life balance
Senior Sales Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 12, 2018
CA has a good worklife balance, and good compensation and benefits. However zero job stability, lots of layoffs or buyouts that leaves people unsure if their job is secure.
Pros
gym on site, good compensation
Cons
no job stability
A great place to lewarn the Software and IT Development Industry
Technical Director / Business and Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 11, 2018
AS Sr. Business and Product Manager, I directed product development, localization, pricing, SWOT/Gap/Competitive Analyses, Build, Buy, Partner discussions and quality improvements for CA’s Unicenter Network and Systems Management (NSM) solution.
I led CA’s RFP efforts resulting in CA managing the World’s most advanced IP-based network infrastructure, the Interop’s InteropNet, with its CA Unicenter management solutions and SWAT team for seven consecutive years.
I led Sales Enablement and Product Managment efforts that increased product license and maintenance revenues 38% in one year and grew revenues 90% over three years enabling CA’s Unicenter NSM tools to achieve Number #1 market share in very competitive global markets.
Pros
Great opportunity to grow and expand my responsiblities
Cons
CA leaders caused criminal actions, fractured product strategies, lost revenues
N/a
SaaS Compliance Director (Independent Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 11, 2018
I was an independent consultant during this period and do not feel it would be appropriate to provide a review of this company, thank you for inquiring.
Great benefits, big company bureaucracy at times
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 10, 2018
I was able to expand my career at CA, but often I worked excessive hours. Still, the pay was very competitive making it worth the time. I had hoped to do more here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult to collaborate
CA Technologies is a wonderful place to work and I will miss it.
Asset Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 7, 2018
CA Technologies is an excellent place to work. Unfortunately, they have been required, which is the only reason that I am currently searching for a new job. I am looking for a company that is equally great.
Enjoyable work experience
Associate Audio/Visual Planner (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYSeptember 6, 2018
CA Technologies was a great place to work. It was like a massive close knit family. Working there for 5+ years was a great experienced and i learned a ton and expanded upon and gained skills i didnt have previously. Only leaving CA Technologies because the company was acquired and the building i work out of is closing. Great work environment with great people involved.
Pros
Benefits, rewards, flexibility, the people
Cons
Took a little while to get promoted
CA Technologies was a good place to work - future unsure
IT DIRECTOR/PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 2, 2018
The acquisition of CA Technologies by Broadcom will significantly change the future of employment at CA! Future situation is unsure since rumor has it that ~80% of Broadcom's IT function is outsourced.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
Micromanaging managers
#lifeatCArocks
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYAugust 29, 2018
Working at CA is great! the team is awesome and the culture is inclusive and collaborative. Management is engaged and empowers employees to perform their job. Great benefits and cool offices.
Pros
health insurance, unlimited paid time-off
Cons
departmentalized... sometimes it's not ease to work cross functions
Excellent place to work
Administrative Coordinator, Business Unit Strategy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Learned alot about myself at CA and because of my manager was allowed to grow and make a difference.

My manager was amazing and the team I worked with was fun to work for.
Pros
My manager, culture
Cons
Constant changes in staff
CA Technologies
Vice President, Global Procurement (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYAugust 29, 2018
Solid work environment with strong encouragement for work/life balance. Employee opinions matter. Company mission followed and executed by most. Strong leadership. Exceptional people with strong professional and personal values.
Great company going through changes
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXAugust 28, 2018
Outstanding place to work. Amazing people, great culture, relevant products. Fantastic benefits including unlimited vacation (that people actually take), medical, stock awards, etc.
Wait and see
Principal, Business Technology Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
Good company, recently acquired so we'll see if this rating doesn't change significantly. I love the work and most of the people are terrific to work with.
Pros
Good work, good people
Cons
Structure
Hard work with good salary
Sr. Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYAugust 23, 2018
CA is very demanding job.

They do have good benefits and good salary. They are flexible with time off allowing for a work / life balance. They allow time off for your work anniversary and birthday in addition to your normal vacation and personal days.
Pros
Flexible vacation / time off
Cons
Very Demaanding work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CA Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss