CA Ventures Employee Reviews

Great place to get experience
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  State College, PASeptember 10, 2018
You will move up if you work hard, they definitely recognize hard work ethic. They always try to push you to learn new things and ask for your input no matter the level you're in the company
Great Place to Work
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
CA is a terrific place to work. I work in the corporate office in Chicago. I feel appreciated by management and co-workers. I am very thankful for the terrific benefits that they offer. After working in corporate America for a number of years I can tell you CA is unique. A great environment to work in.
Pros
Free lunches on Monday and Friday, free drinks and snacks, beer on draft, game room, no set number of vacation days, great management, some health insurance options fully paid and flexible
Cons
Pay a little less
Awful management in Latin American office
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2018
I had an awful time in this company, specifically in the Colombian office. There is a lot of emotional abuse to the point where it becomes common to see people crying or arguing on a weekly basis.

The head of HR for Latin America is probably the worst person to work with, always finding ways of taking advantage of his power and never trying to improve people's life or work environment. Also, there are cameras installed behind each employee laptop and an entrance card to check if you arrive 5 minutes later...

Salaries and benefits are very low in comparison with the offices in Chile or Chicago.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
cameras installed behind the employees laptops, micromanagement
N/a
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working for this company. I did enjoy working with my manager, but we got very little support from corporate who put all of the responsibility on two recent college graduates to full a building.
I felt like an unappreciated employee
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2018
I felt that I was unappreciated by the corporate office despite my long hours and quality work. Although I felt I excelled at my job, I was only appreciated at the basis level by my property manager.
The onsite team was great
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2017
The company was difficult to work for as there was no life balance. We worked very long hours with little resources. The on site team were college students, so scheduling was difficult. Company stressed outreach by students, but this left one person in the office and sending students out to reach out to other students. We were not allowed to hire non-students.
Idiots
Student living (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
work hard just for some over paid sales team people to take all the credit. not worth the back stabbing and high turn over. the only upside is high pay and beer in the office. Development and sales are the golden children but have no idea what they are doing.
fun workplace
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 30, 2017
management was awesome. very nice and friendly. the office environment was very laid back and fun. mostly college students who worked there so management was always willing to work around school schedules
Pros
fun office
Cons
N/a
very unorganized
Leasing and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 16, 2017
Very unorganized. Super stressful and they lie all the time. Everyone is out to protect themselves and will drive the bus right over whoever is in the way in order to make themselves look good. they
Great vibes
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 3, 2017
A typical day at work with the management around would be and up-lifted day. The hardest part of the job was getting someone to lease with us. The most enjoyable part of the job would be having the fun loving management teach us the ropes to success and getting someone to lease the apartment.
Fun Place to work with great people
COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDApril 1, 2017
I really enjoy getting up and going to work every day. The people are amazing and my bosses are kind and knowledgeable about any questions I have. I'm really so glad that I have the opportunity to work in such a great environment.
benefits
Great Experience; plenty of growth
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChampaignApril 10, 2016
I personally really enjoy working for CA Ventures. There are a lot of work benefits that I enjoy. I believe there is a lot of room for growth and improvement and there is great potential for that to happen.
no respect for life balance
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2015
management doesn't respect life balance, bad management/leadership in accounting/finance.
A fun workplace for college students
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OregonAugust 18, 2014
An overall fun place to work. The office's I worked at was made up of all college students and a few older managers. Easy to learn the job. Easy to connect and work with other employee's due to similar backgrounds as students at the university of Oregon. A fun environment with community events occurring every week. A beautiful new office opening in the fall. Ability to earn commissions off every lease you sign in addition to your hourly wage.
Pros
Free Food, Hourly Wage and Commisions
Cons
Strange Marketing Tactics/Strategies at times.