Cabarrus County Schools Employee Reviews

no room for growth
Special Needs Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 19, 2019
A good place for someone retired but not someone looking for advancement opportunities. As a single mom the pay was not enough to sustain my children and myself.
Long Term Substitute
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 19, 2019
Was given job as long term sub for 3rd grade class. When I started the first day, they surprised me by telling me I had the class full of IOP and behavioral
Issue students. That would have been fine but I was not a licensed teacher; I was on my alternate route path to getting certified. Not only was I not told ahead of time, but I wasn’t equipped with the ways of how to handle this which was not fair to the students either.

There was no guidance, no help. The teachers were like high school kids and left me out of conversations at lunch. The education overall in the state was abysmal having grown up in New Jersey. It was a sad
And terrible experience for both students and myself.
Pros
Gave me idea of industry
Cons
Everything else
Most Abused Career Field
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cabarrus County, NCJuly 8, 2019
Teachers are reminded often, it's for the kids. Just a manipulative way to help teachers endure horrible working conditions, lack of resources, poor leaders who only became leaders because they couldn't control their own classroom environments. Cab Co Schools is no different than any other public education system. Work plus "mandatory volunteer" (Involuntary) hours. Poor health and horrific dental benefits. No time for family, especially when a you are a single parent, or a family of educators. A strong lack of compassion and respect except for 1 week a year where they try to stroke our ego for personal and professional gain. There are no advancement opportunities and no discussion about advancement. The mark of great leaders is the development of staff. It is apparent we have very few great leaders. The overall culture is abysmal and it is very sad. The hardest part of the job is when you lose a student to death and there are no resources available to you and you just have to keep trucking on as if nothing has changed. It is beyond me how this school district goes to out of state recruiting events and successfully draws in new talent.
Highly stressful cannot trust administration if you are in a.l ower performing school (usually a low socioeconomic status school) teachers are held ac
Special Education Resource Teacher (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 26, 2019
Worked at low performing school for 11 years had worked in two different states prior to coming to NC. Teachers are disrespected. My school had very poor morale and the most sick days of any other school in the county. Clearly a very stressed staff.
Pros
? Can’t think of any
Cons
I have never been in a school where the teachers must eat lunch with the students
On atmosphere
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 13, 2019
The job was a very great experience. You learn multiple personalities and how the kids, as well as co workers interact with you and each other. You really meet a lot of different personalities. I was able to share some of my thoughts and views with others. There are opportunities to help others grow as well as yourself.
Friendly Environment with positive staff
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 15, 2019
Would come in and go straight to cleaning my bathrooms, then would clean up after lunch then start on the class rooms, then me and another person would work on floors. The head custodian was very extensive on how she likes her cleaning and can say it has widen my perspective on how I should clean and well, even more than what I was already doing. I'd say the hardest part there is having to sometimes carry 40-50 lbs. up 3 flights of stairs. I'd say what I like most about here is they act like they known you your whole life and would treat you like your family and would show it by inviting us out to lunch sometimes.
Pros
Inviting us out to lunch, provide help when needed
Cons
could let us have more time off
bethel had great friendly staff
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCApril 8, 2019
I loved working at Bethel elementary the staff were so nice and caring. However I would never recommend working or sending a child to a mother's touch preschool. teacher caught drinking on the job, smoking by several teachers on the clock. Very rude and disrespectful to the children, parents and staff
Good transition for mothers returning to the workforce.
Media Assistant, Summer School Secretary (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 27, 2019
The days are busy and I love helping students. Unfortunately there is little to no opportunity for advancement. And unless you have a working partner or another source of income, you can't live off of the salary.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Poor pay scale
Great hours but hard to keep employees
Food Prep Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 12, 2019
I love the hours of this job. And having summers off. There is no training before you start and employees are leaving left and right because there is no benefits to staying.
great job
Manager of the Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 4, 2019
For those parents that want to be able to be home with their kids when there no school it is a prefect job. There are jobs that are year around depend on what department you work for.
Pros
can move up
Cons
depands at times
Interventiontist
School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 28, 2019
I value the work that I do with my students.I feel that I have a lot to give to the students that I come in contact with. It gives me great joy to know that the students that I work with learn that if they work hard they can accomplish anything.
Love my job
Exceptional Children's Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 26, 2019
I have really enjoyed working with Cabarrus county schools. Our county strives to do what is best for each child. The school that I work for is amazing, The administration really supports us.
They do the best they can
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Public education leaves a lot to be desired, but Cabarrus County does a great job. The Speech Therapy program has an amazing manager/boss. She is extremely supportive and cares about her therapists.
Pros
Summers off, caring coworkers
Cons
Low salary, high expectations, lack of resources
Very challenging
Ec bus driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 31, 2018
Everyday is different ya never know what's going to happen and you have to be alert at all circumstances
You get very attached to these very special kids. Working with these children is very rewarding. Staff is usually good to work with also. This job you c as n be on any given bus at any given time. Routes change often.
Pros
Descent benefits not what it used to be
Cons
Under paid for job demands
Interim Math Teacher
Interim Math Teacher / Substitute (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 6, 2018
Temporary, interim math teacher in Cabarrus County Schools for J.N. Fries Middle and Northwest Cabarrus Middle Schools.

Middle school Math/AIG teacher.
Great job
Lead Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord,NCNovember 6, 2018
Loved job. The kids and families. Pay was good mon-fri and summers off unless you drove summer school. Would still be there had medical issues happened
This is just not the job for me I good place to work I just couldn’t get along with management
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Need better hours and benefits good place to work just not for me. I just need something else the school system isn’t the right place for me . But i enjoyed the time I was there just st need something els.
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Bad management
I consider it a positive work environment overall. I work in a variety of schools and they are similar in the way they operate.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 8, 2018
A fun place to work. I have met people from all over the world. The workplace culture is positive and students have more than enough of the tools they need to learn and grow
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Some students feel entitled
Great School System
Chemistry Teacher (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Being right next to CMS, this is a major step up. Lots of orientation and training provided to help get you started. Also lots of helping hands along the way.
miserable
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Long hours with little pay only once a month and a lot of gossip.The administration was horrible to the point where we moved to another state. Education is not a field I would ever consider.
Pros
Cons
where to begin....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabarrus County Schools. Our community is ready to answer.