Cabarrus Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Quick-paced, friendly environment
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 25, 2018
I consider myself lucky to have been able to work as a student intern at Cabarrus Health Alliance. The staff is extremely friendly, and the work is fast-paced and enjoyable. I learned so much and hope to be able to work with members of the staff again someday!
Great place to learn!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 2, 2018
I was here as part of my training in the RCCC Dental Assisting program. I had a great time working here! Everyone was really friendly, and patient care was always the top priority.
Very friendly environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 27, 2018
I was not a set employee here, but I interned for about a month. The staff is all very friendly and the environment is great. I would definitely consider making this my permanent work home.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Frequent patient cancellations and no-shows
good learning environment
School Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMarch 8, 2018
Last job at CHA was School Health Nurse. Elementary School.
Most Elementary School Nurse positions consist of busy work days with care of students and staff. We also manage medical record keeping. EMR recording of student visits. Medication administration. .
Linking families and students with community the community resources.
Vision and Hearing assessments.
Learned to work with families in need and provide positive health care and school with referral to MD as needed.
Learned to navigate from paper records to Electronic Medical Records
Hardest part of the job; was having enough hours in a day to complete all the required paper work during the school day
Most enjoyable part of the job helping students from PreK to 5 th grade succeed at school and manage chronic health conditions
Pros
offered classes for continued learning and occasional seminars
Cons
very few breaks in a school day
Community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJanuary 24, 2018
Cabarrus Health Alliance does great things in the community. With it not being under government red tape it can add and change programs as needed to fit community need.
Great
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 22, 2017
Very nice place to work. Given a lot of support and management trusts my ability to work independently. Enjoy working with staff and learning how to effectively do my job.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Working independently.
Wonderful summer job as long as bugs don't bother you
Vector Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 15, 2017
My position here was due to a grant they received to help control mosquito numbers. Most days were fairly relaxed, and the hardest part was dealing with the mosquitoes which you get used to. Other than collecting mosquitoes, the job involved identifying which species were collected, and filling out paperwork about the different collection sites. I was also involved in community outreach and education about mosquitoes.
good benefits but management could use improvement
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 18, 2017
the schedule :hectic and always adding on more patients than can seen. quality is not the best because they are always rushed. medicaid mill basically. benefits are great but the pay is not great ,along with little increase in raise. management doesn't care about the employees and bad environment
benefits
Cons
bad quality of care
good workplace environment, great management
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 12, 2017
At Cabarrus Health Alliance we were required to see 6 patients a day and provide care and complete electronic charting on each patient. We were also on call at least one night a week and then about every 6th weekend we were on call the entire weekend. I felt like I learned many new skills while working at CHA. There were many in house training sessions sponsered per CHA for our professional developement. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the other professionals like PT, OT and ST who we could interact on a daily basis. IT was a good group of people to work with and for.
Pros
Good people to work with and for.
Cons
long work hours
Productive and excellent team work
Interpreter/Clinical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCOctober 18, 2016
Interpreter and helping doing the vital signs for the patient.I learn how to do the vital signs. Co- workers they work as a team. I enjoy helping with the interpretation and translation.
Pros
Good communication between the employe and the supervisor, sometimes free lunch
A very rewarding job for I enjoy working with the public.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 27, 2015
When working 32 hours per week in the Mammogram unit, it was a very busy work in taking the phone calls and determining eligibility and preparing the case files for the appointments. Because it was dealing with health issues, one realized it was important.

When I went to the WIC department, I was able to enjoy routine work in a strictly clerical capacity but routine work does not bore me. I get a lot accomplished and work quickly.
Pros
Contact with the public, assisting in work affecting health issues
Cons
had to maintain fast pace to accomplish all the workload but that was okay.
Great Place to Work
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCSeptember 29, 2014
Supportive and caring management with a focus on employee wellness. Co-workers are pleasant and the company fosters a team work mentality.
Productive work place, with great co-workers, and ping pong table
Program Coordinator/ Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 2, 2014
Productive work place, with great co-workers, and ping pong table. Completed home and school visits with pregnant and parenting teenagers, their families, friends, and partners. Completed Support groups.
Great place to grow and learn new skills
Administrative Assistant V / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 20, 2014
Typical day at work was ever-changing depending on the season. Medical setting is always fast-paced and thriving to run more efficiently. I learned that people are our best commodity. Management was hard to break in to at first. But over the years, the need to open up to Diversity on Senior Leadership was improving. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I enjoyed helping our clients (youth and pregnant mothers) with all of their issues. The co-workers are some of the BEST folks you could ever want to work with and very good at what they do daily for the public.
Benefits
Cross train and very productive
Processing Assistant V (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCOctober 21, 2013
Greeted patients
Check in and out patients
Verified demographics and checked health insurance/government insurance
Took copay's, daily cash logs, deposit, and self pay charges
Set up and schedule appointment
Data entry (Immunizations, pediatric charges)
Scanned documents in to the LaserFiche Computer System
EMR (called Insight), filled out forms for transfer of medical records request
Added immunizations data entry on the NCIR web page
Worked with the Doctors and Nurses in regarding patients needs or resolved any concerns
Cross Trained
Translated into English to Spanish
Great Benefits, Goals were to Achieve the Highest Level of Individual and Community Health Through Collaborative Action
Public Health Nurse III (RN) (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJune 22, 2013
When I first began working in County Government, the agency was a county health department and was operated under the county. The people I worked with were wonderful, caring people who became very close friends. The goals of the agency, and the different departments were all oriented toward a common goal. The most rewarding part of this job was knowing the difference you made in the lives of the clients and the community. I grew both in my knowledge and my expertise while employed there.
Pros
excellent benefits and self fulfillment
Cons
Difficulty in taking time off example: vacation, personal time
Productive and fun place to work!
Temp-On Assignment Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCApril 14, 2012
The experience that I felt from working at CHA was long positive learning experience. I enjoyed learning the various systems and working with them. I also enjoyed being apart of such a diverse group of people who were more than willing to help out the next individual with no exceptions. The management team was so supportive and they would go to any and all measures to make your working environment as comfortable and informational as possible. I would recommend people of all nationalities to apply and become apart of the family as well!
Pros
willing to help others
Cons
i can not say at the moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabarrus Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4