Cabell Huntington Hospital Employee Reviews

Lacks Patient Focus
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 17, 2019
Patient care is not a focus. Nursing shortages and/or poor scheduling are forcing high patient to nurse ratios. Nurses are not properly trained. Preceptors are not focused on training. Unfortunately, patient care and patient quality of life suffers.
Management is concerned with length of stay and payment of services. In addition, management is more concerned with their personal careers more than patient care.
Pros
salary/benefits
Cons
Poor patient care, self involved management
Productive and a great place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 18, 2019
I love working here and I hope to retire from here one day.I wished we had better management, seems to be getting out of hand on most departments. Over all is a great place to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short staffed, no breaks
I had a terrible supervisor
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJanuary 21, 2019
My supervisor let me go on my 87th day of my 90 days...No reason given to me. I worked over when asked. I trained and done a job for a shift that nobody would do. The employee I covered hadn't had a vacation in years bc nobody would do that shift. None of it paid off.
Pros
Decent pay.
Cons
Bad supervisors.
Great team atmosphere. Will miss everyone I worked with and those I reported too
Adult Critical Care Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 6, 2018
Love Cabell, Love the people. Very friendly atmosphere and everyone(all 3,000) employees were close and knew staff throughout entire hospital.

I could count on other managers to help in any situation that may arise.
Pros
Best healthcare you could imagine. No cost to employee
Cons
Slow process for leadership opportunities
I enjoy working with my coworkers
OR Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 5, 2018
The job sometimes can be stressful but when you work with people that you consider to be family it makes the day so much easier. I truly appreciate my coworkers and the effort they put into helping out when needed.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Sometimes under staffed
Toxic work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 22, 2018
This is the most toxic place I have ever worked at from upper management, nursing management to floor nursing staff. They preach about having a passion for healthcare but do not really care about their patients and staff. If you truly love healthcare and patient safety is priority, please Do Not work here.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, nepotism, low morale
High-paced and educational.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WV 25701September 27, 2018
Time management, calendar management, meeting minutes, reports, graphs, power point presentations.

I learn something new every day.
The most difficult part of my job is being away from my family.
The most enjoyable is that they are a wonderful group of people to work with.
Pros
Wonderful experiences and learning opportunities
Cons
Unable to perform my duties as a Virtual Assistant.
Great place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 7, 2018
This hospital is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing and I love my surgery family. We all work really great together. We have full medical coverage.
Great Benefits
Patient Registration/Admitting/Per Diem Supervisor (Former Employee) –  RegistrationSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Cabell. The benefits and pay were great along with the staff. The CEO really cared about the integrity and culture of the hospital. He made it enjoyable to work for and it is a breathe of fresh air knowing someone in that position cared about the patients, their employers and the overall well being of the work place.
operating room
Assistant Director of Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 13, 2018
Very comfortable place to work. Promotes patient safety and best practice guidelines. Structured organizational chart with room for advancement opportunities.
Administration is not very supportive of staff, no can think for themselves
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 12, 2018
The employees at CHH are wonderful, but administration has became worse over the last few years. The current CEO has allowed Nursing administration to do as they please and run off employees that have several years of experience. The hospital is getting dangerous the majority of staff is very new and experienced nurses have been made to leave.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Enjoyed working a CHH
Phlebotomy/ Clerical (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 9, 2018
The job deserves more pay, the type of work with the biohazard conditions needed to have more pay than certain parts of the Hospital, However if my husband hadn’t retired I would still be working there
Administration Secretary
Administrative Assistant (temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 15, 2018
The job was great and consistent pay; however, working in the administration office was hard to get to know other people within the organization. The employees that were in the office were not friendly and welcoming. I was thankful it was a temp position and was ready to leave when my time was over.
Great Benefits
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 11, 2018
Cabell Huntington Hospital offers some of the best benefits in the Tri-State area. I cannot say enough about how wonderful the benefits package is. The hospital is undergoing a lot of transitions and its partnerships are not always beneficial to employees.
not worth the money
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 7, 2018
worked there for 8 years and was harassed for 7 , forced into a union that does nothing for you , management is horrible unless you are related to someone in upper management , its a place full of miserable employees , my advice for cooks ,,STAY OUT ,, not worth the money !
Pros
the benifits and pay
Cons
union, Hr, and management
Didnt enjoy the job
OR Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 24, 2018
Its a job that will cover low cost spending. Not worth the aggravation of working there. Upper level management does not care about lower level employees. Wont listen to complaints about the work environment
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Good, yet demanding, place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 22, 2018
Cabell Huntington Hospital is a great learning experience for new RT's. You will quickly get experience in ICU, NICU and PICU. Cabell is a Trauma hospital, so there is never a dull moment in the ER. Overall, I learned a lot at Cabell.
If a person is not liked people try to push you to quit
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 19, 2018
Management for one unit has daughter working on her unit and daughter works out of her scope of practice and leaves work for other people. The co-workers will not say anything due to her being the daughter of the boss.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
new changes every day to policy depending on who it is for
Good Benifits
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVMay 18, 2018
This place has good benefits when it comes to healthcare and compensation. It has many excellent employees and they are great to work with. I am glad they hired me while I obtained my masters.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Wish the equipment was newer
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 19, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Cabell. A lot of great people to work with and employees that have been there for 30-40 years. There are several job opportunities within the organization. It is very much like a family.
Pros
free parking, you can swipe your badge in the cafeteria, coffee shop, and gift shop for payroll deduction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Cabell Huntington Hospital Reviews by Location