Cabinets To Go Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressed Not trained at all
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2018
Upper management over worked and stressed and brought that to each store. Did not train at all! No day's off opening new stores and can't deliver product on time.
summary
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNApril 14, 2018
I did not learn much at this job because it is basically teach yourself or be replaced. The staff is not helpful at all and they are very rude when you ask for help on something. They would rather see you get in trouble then to help you out. No-one communicates and the customers are always angry because their orders are always messed up or they receive their items broken. It is a big cluster and the stress is over-whelming! I would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
pays decent
Cons
HORRIBLE company to work for. Money is not worth the way you get treated
Awful management/Customer support
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 18, 2018
Didn’t take care customers, manager ignored phone avoided customer issues. Smoked in the store. Manager lack of hygiene smelled terribly and stole your deals at any opportunity. Leadership void.
No guidance / proper training or overseeing your work before install. Sometimes customers get an amateur kitchen design
When I look at the first design I did compared to the last one it’s pretty embarrassing because my work was never checked. Management sets you up for failure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else
Decent scheduling
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Company went through 5 CEO’s while I was there. There was no real stability. Loved my job & what I did just not the politics & turnaround of supervisors.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Low morale due to inconsistent management styles
Fun place to work nice people
Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 15, 2018
I’m just ready to move off to college. Job is great and i wouldn’t mind working here! I just neeed to move on and get a better education! Like i said great people!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only 2 15min breaks
Good work enviroment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Great place to work and good management, but does not give raises. Get plenty of hours and as much overtime you want. But can not get a raise or pay increase unless you get a different position.
Pros
Plenty of hours and overtime
Cons
No Raises
Ctg is an up an coming retailer of kitchen cabinets.
NH Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 1, 2018
Enjoyed working at cabinets to go, it is a challenging enviornment at times, however you have the leeway to be creative and make your own way through issues that may develop.
unprofessional
Collections Representative/accounts paysble (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2017
no overtime, unorganized, when others are backed up with work, it puts my work behind. I feel that this company isn't very professional.

management can't be discreet about other employees.
Pros
very relaxed enviroment
Cons
no overtime
Loved working here
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNMay 4, 2017
I loved working at here, but they could have worked with me more on me having to leave early due to health problems which led to a few doctor appointments. But overall I loved it.
horrible work environmenti
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  chicagolandApril 24, 2017
What I learned from CTG is they do NOT value their employees at all with untrained management and rules and requirements changing at the whim of management.
Pros
Cons
too many to list

Want to know more about Cabinets To Go?

Ask a question
Your on Your own
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Irondale, ALApril 12, 2017
There is really no help from upper management at this place. From day one its learning on the job with no real training but for me it was a little fun but you will see a lot of people come and go.
Pros
stores are left to their own devices
Cons
dealing with the public
Cabinets
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Opening and closing the store, selling cabinets.

Worked 6 days a week.

Very slow environment to work.

Worked alone.

Learned how to design kitchens.
Fast Growing Company
IT Support and Administration (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 15, 2016
A lot of amazing qualities with great leadership. I have learned much since being here. They have treated me well. There is plenty of work to keep you busy being that the company is growing at a rapid rate.
Didnt stay long
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CANovember 5, 2015
company has been in a state of change since I have left but there was a lot of rushing to push systems / processes out and then just fix after the fact. Very frustrating
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
management / culture
Exciting fun place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 24, 2015
I started at CTG in the corporate office as a Customer Service Rep and after a few months made my way to be our Escalations Team Lead. I very much enjoyed what I did and who I got to work with. CTG has around 48 different locations in the US, and I worked one on one with the 4 Regional Managers to solve some of the urgent/ top priority customer cases. I also handled all the escalated customer claims and issues that came through our call center.

I learned a lot working at and with CTG, from bettering my customer service skills to really working as a team. I had some of the best co-workers you can ask for, and our manager made working there not just a job but enjoyable. We had weekly training of different aspects of the company, sometimes the CEO would even join in; everyone had been eager to learn. I was well compensated and treated very well working for this company. Unfortunately, I had some family issues I needed to tend to and was forced to leave my favorite job and relocate closer to home.
Pros
Great co workers/ work environment, Much room to advance
Cons
Driving commute
Great concept couldn't deliver
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DenverFebruary 9, 2015
The company has a great business model but did not and could not deliver the good as promised. Made many customers unhappy.
This job enables me to continue with school.
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 29, 2014
Cabinets To Go is very flexible with my school schedule which is very important to me. A typical day is for me is helping all customers with the layout of their kitchen. I have learned patience and humility to make sure that I take into consideration the ideas of each customer. It barely helps me to get by financially due to my school schedule, but it works for now.
Upper Management is unethical and displayed terrible business ethics
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 11, 2014
12 - 14 hour day began at 5am every morning, 7 days a week, and consisted of cleaning the showroom, unloading semi-truck's of product, loading sold orders, delivering orders, design and sale of kitchen and bath cabinetry projects, maintain all inventory and all other day to day operations of a retail business. I was the only employee and was told that if I wanted any additional help I would have to pay for them out of my own pocket. Not only are they terribly unethical, they broke so many labor laws that they should be shut down. I did not learn one thing from this job and was actually originally hired as a consultant because of my extensive knowledge of this industry. Absolutely the most horrifying job I have had in my professional career. My joy in this job came from helping customers with my knowledge and expertise. My Customer Satisfaction Grade was 100%, and this is documented.
Pros
no pros...horrible company
Cons
too lengthy to state in this amount of space
Difficult not to succeed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYMay 18, 2014
Not an overly difficult job. Cabinets basically sell themselves. Need to be extremely incompetent to not succeed in this position.
Rewarding new skills and close customer relations.
Draftsmen/Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Claymont, DEJune 10, 2013
We opened in the morning at 9am, taking calls and answering questions over the phone. Many customers would bring measurements into the store and we would layout their kitchens for them. After ordering and getting the customer comfortable with spending sometimes thousands of dollars, we would order their pieces for delivery to our Delaware location.

We received the items into our warehouse, which we unloaded with a forklift and separated items for customer needs. If items were damaged, we'd send back the product and notify the customer that their items could be delayed, though we always put in for a rush.

When the customer would come in for pick-up, we'd load their vehicle and ensure the customer left happy and satisfied.
Pros
Ability to work 1 on 1 with customers. Learned new skills in Drafting and Shipping and Receiving.
Cons
Management and Corperate, often changed rules making the job more difficult than it needed to be.