Cabinets To Go Employee Reviews

Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Pulaski, TNAugust 8, 2018
• Pull order per requisition
• Manage daily schedule
• Observe safety protocol
willingness to work anywhere to fill in where needed
management is great
Pros
great place to work
Cons
like all parts of job
Manager yells
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 25, 2018
The Manager at the Manchester store will yell at employees and customer

their really is no point when half of the product it not available or is always late
potential squandered
KITCHEN AND BATH DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
Cabinets are quality, management not so much. Promotions given mostly to young males with sales experience, little to no management experience and little to no cabinet and remodel experience. Upper management is running the company like a used car sales operation with most of the folks in charge being from flooring, athletic shoe and retail sales. Little to no understanding of the impact a kitchen remodel has on customers, and no real knowledge of how to lead people as employees. Usually no lunch breaks. Work life balance is not a concern of managers. Illness or injury is considered inconvenient. Training is severely lacking. Hiring of "designers" with no design experience. Compensation is sad, small salary plus a tiny commission. Best part of the job is helping customers get their dream kitchen at an affordable price and having those customers refer friends.
fun doing designs and showing customers the cabinets
Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Sarasota, JacksonvilleJuly 16, 2018
Great place to work and make money. Met a lot of great people, saw some really neat homes and bad. Really cool to see the designs come to life when the customers send us before and after photos.
Pros
commission
Cons
hard to eat lunch
fun and good place
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJuly 15, 2018
It was a good place to work but the pay wasn't good enough and they wouldn't give raises like they should I never got a raise or anything the whole yr and half I was there
Horrible Company to Work For
Warehouse Lead - Kitchen Sales and Design (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHJuly 13, 2018
They over promise and under deliver. Cabinets always have issues and customers are always unhappy or upset. They preach that we don't cold call or harass customers about buying cabinets, but then we have to call customers once every 3 days who haven't bought from us yet. I took time off work with manager approval for issues surrounding my diabetes. The manager then wrote me up for missing work even though she said she wouldn't. When it was brought up to HR, I was fired for filing a complaint against my manager.
A job
Sales/Designer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2018
This company was ok, I was able to learn how to design kitchens and baths. But it was not something I truly enjoyed there was a lot of misrepresentation from management. There was no team work and a lot of foul language and dishonesty used. However, there were aspects of the job I did like and that was learning about the various cabinet styles, how to design a kitchen for customers, and paperwork. The pay was not good and the training was not there either.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough pay, held many hats
Friendly co workers
Forklift Operator/Material Handler/assembler (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJune 18, 2018
Cabinets to go is a ok place to work there isn't a whole lot of opportunity to move up into new positions I am looking to better my future in a more suitable environment
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Days are cut short
Stressed Not trained at all
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2018
Upper management over worked and stressed and brought that to each store. Did not train at all! No day's off opening new stores and can't deliver product on time.
summary
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNApril 14, 2018
I did not learn much at this job because it is basically teach yourself or be replaced. The staff is not helpful at all and they are very rude when you ask for help on something. They would rather see you get in trouble then to help you out. No-one communicates and the customers are always angry because their orders are always messed up or they receive their items broken. It is a big cluster and the stress is over-whelming! I would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
pays decent
Cons
HORRIBLE company to work for. Money is not worth the way you get treated
productive and challenging
Supervisor /Manager (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 30, 2018
Cabinets was a great experience really liked the people there including management, I was unfortunately not long there however, it was a great experience working with at a smaller building and challenging the lack of floor space was the hardest part of my job, most of the associates are cooperative and worked well under my supervision, ended the day with an accomplishment feeling for the most part.
Pros
shift hours
Cons
retirement 401k
Awful management/Customer support
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 18, 2018
Didn’t take care customers, manager ignored phone avoided customer issues. Smoked in the store. Manager lack of hygiene smelled terribly and stole your deals at any opportunity. Leadership void.
No guidance / proper training or overseeing your work before install. Sometimes customers get an amateur kitchen design
When I look at the first design I did compared to the last one it’s pretty embarrassing because my work was never checked. Management sets you up for failure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everything else
Decent scheduling
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Company went through 5 CEO’s while I was there. There was no real stability. Loved my job & what I did just not the politics & turnaround of supervisors.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Low morale due to inconsistent management styles
Fun place to work nice people
Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 15, 2018
I’m just ready to move off to college. Job is great and i wouldn’t mind working here! I just neeed to move on and get a better education! Like i said great people!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only 2 15min breaks
Good work enviroment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNFebruary 15, 2018
Great place to work and good management, but does not give raises. Get plenty of hours and as much overtime you want. But can not get a raise or pay increase unless you get a different position.
Pros
Plenty of hours and overtime
Cons
No Raises
Ctg is an up an coming retailer of kitchen cabinets.
NH Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 1, 2018
Enjoyed working at cabinets to go, it is a challenging enviornment at times, however you have the leeway to be creative and make your own way through issues that may develop.
unprofessional
Collections Representative/accounts paysble (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 10, 2017
no overtime, unorganized, when others are backed up with work, it puts my work behind. I feel that this company isn't very professional.

management can't be discreet about other employees.
Pros
very relaxed enviroment
Cons
no overtime
Loved working here
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNMay 4, 2017
I loved working at here, but they could have worked with me more on me having to leave early due to health problems which led to a few doctor appointments. But overall I loved it.
horrible work environmenti
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  chicagolandApril 24, 2017
What I learned from CTG is they do NOT value their employees at all with untrained management and rules and requirements changing at the whim of management.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Your on Your own
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Irondale, ALApril 12, 2017
There is really no help from upper management at this place. From day one its learning on the job with no real training but for me it was a little fun but you will see a lot of people come and go.
Pros
stores are left to their own devices
Cons
dealing with the public