Cabins For You Employee Reviews

Seems Great At First Until You See True Colors
Employee (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 17, 2019
At one point in time, I honestly enjoyed coming to work here. I spent just under 2 years with this company and worked in 2 different departments. The company is very quickly declining, both from a management perspective and business side. There is no organization and no communication. The guest services department has a unbelievably high turn over rate, and management runs off their best/most reliable employees. Micro-managing does not even begin to describe the atmosphere in the call center. You are constantly hawked by either management over your shoulder or after hours via cameras in the room. If you even breathe the wrong way, you will get in trouble. They always say they are here for you and respect your work/life balance, but their actions and the way they treat you outside of company wide meetings with upper management will quickly show you that it's not the case. The guest services department is structured by seniority, and pay raises are scheduled; so unless someone dies or quits, you are stuck with no room for advancement and will quickly lose motivation. The pay is decent for what the job entails, however each week they dumped more responsibility into the mix we had to juggle and it became very overwhelming very fast. Management has their favorites, and if you are not one of them you will not last. The coworkers in these departments are wonderful people and pleasant to work with. Behind closed doors, the majority of them will tell you the same things as me. It is now a miserable place to work and it's sad to see in the time I spent there how drastically different  more... the company is now compared to what it was years ago. There is much more I could say about what it's like working here, but just trust me when I say you are better off not.  less
“Means Girls!” Do not work here!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 29, 2019
This company is terrible. There is a lot inner office drama and cliches. The housekeeper manager and laundry manager do nothing but cause drama. They act like high school girls talking about everyone. If they want someone gone they will make it happen. Even if that means making up lies to benefit their need. I have been this industry for 10 years and never been treated so poorly. “Mean girls”
Great place to work.
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 21, 2019
Cabins For YOU is a great place to work. The main goal is to ensure our guests have a great vacation and our cabins owners are happy. You spend your day working with multiple departments as a team and you develop great relationships within the company. The job can be stressful at times with high call but as a team we work together to get through it. The best part of the job is the senior leadership team cares about each employee. They take the time to listen your ideas and honestly want to help you succeed. You are also given the opportunity to travel to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Tennessee to view the amazing properties we have on program.
Worst company
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 6, 2019
Worst company to work for never wanna work for this company ever they aren’t very friendly and they mess ur checks up all the time they are very rude people
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Good work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNMay 22, 2019
It's like any job u have . it is hard work but you know this when hired so when you except the job be prepared to do it properly . the job is very demanding but it is a rental company with turn overs.
Pros
They give you family discounts
Cons
Work alot of hrs
Productive, Collaborative and Efficient Company
Web Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 15, 2019
I've been working at Cabins For You for the past 5+ years and have no complaints. The management is fair and the environment is wholesome. I enjoy getting to collaborate with my team and the opportunity to develop and learn new skills.
Pros
Felixble Hours, Paid Time Off, Growth Opportunities
Poor Upper Management Team/Dishonest Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAApril 18, 2019
If you are not in their "click" they could not care less about you. They will work you to death and never appreciate one thing you have done to improve your department. No one in management at this company is trustworthy so if you have any issues keep them to yourself. When management makes a mistake they will throw you under the bus to save themselves. They will call you and bother you even when you are not at work wasting your valuable free time. They also have very low wages for the work they expect you to complete and they will not spend any money to keep up with the cabins they are taking on so the whole place is a mess. Stay Away. Even if you are in management, Everyone above you will micro-manage you to death. There is no such thing as running your own department in this company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Exciting and always changing workplace.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 22, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at Cabins for YOU. Leadership always wants the best for you and constantly challenges you to succeed. I have been pushed in my career more at Cabins for YOU than any other job I have had in the past. You are free to be yourself and the relaxed office environment is definitely a plus. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Travel, Flexibility, Family Company
Cons
N/a
Collaborative environment with relaxed but professional culture
Chief Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 6, 2019
I've worked at Cabins for YOU in a variety of writing, marketing, and customer relations roles over the years, as a full-time employee, part-time employee, and contractor. It's a team-oriented culture where I've always been treated with respect and my ideas have always been valued - by my managers and coworkers. If you put in the work and show initiative, there's always room to grow and move up. They've always gone above and beyond to ensure I'm happy and getting the most out of my role.
Pros
collaborative culture, relaxed environment, accommodating
I found where I belong
Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 29, 2019
I have 25 plus year's in customer service and sales. Working at cabins for you is very different from all the other places that I have worked they are family oriented and there's just a laid-back atmosphere also knowing that you have support from your team mates all the way to management. I'm very grateful to be part of the cabins for you team.
Fun, low key, family-oriented place to work
Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 25, 2019
I've known about Cabins For YOU as a company for many years, and stayed in their cabins as a guest before. My experience as a guest was amazing, so I expected the same from the company as an employee. Cabins for YOU exceeded my expectations, and is a great company to work for. If you're looking to work somewhere that co-workers are like family, this company is for you. I developed close relationships with not only my coworkers in my department, but in the entire company, as well. Management has come a long way, and is currently the best it's ever been. I feel totally supported by my managers, not only in my work, but in my personal life, as well. The job is pretty fast pace most of the time, but it helps the day go by quickly. One major perk is company trips to stay in the cabins and to view them. It's considered a "work trip" but it is so much fun to get to know co-workers and managers while you're exploring Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. The workplace atmosphere is very lax and uplifting. You won't go wrong working for Cabins For YOU!
Family environment with great perks
Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 25, 2019
Working for Cabins For YOU has been an adventure to say the least. I have been here for quite some time and I love the family environment. Coworkers are like family and the owners of the company are good to their employees. Work trips are the best and really help you learn the inventory you are selling. Sometimes the job can be stressful and things are constantly changing as the company grows, but it is worth it and everything always works out in the end. Helping families spend time together by helping them with their vacation is very rewarding and makes it totally worth it! To work here, you MUST be flexible and accepting of change or you will not enjoy the job.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, paid work trips, heath insurance and benefits, family environment.
Cons
scheduled lunches and breaks, constant change
Unstable and inconsistent
Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 25, 2018
Overall the company is fair until your knowledge quickly surpasses the one in charge. The need for change in management is apparent from the beginning. However, if you are fortunate to see the properties you are required to reserve for guests, they are beautiful.
Pros
Great company Christmas party, casual dress, snacks usually available
Cons
Call Center of 500 sq ft storage trailer of 15-20 agents, 2 departments with 1 restroom. Very noisy and very very nosey, bossy agents. If you like to be apply for a position that fits your skills, this will not be for you as management will move duties around. No raises or room for advancement, the employees are friends and family = hard to get/keep job
house cleaning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJune 19, 2018
The job wasnt worth going to half the time. Didnt get paid correctly or at all some times. They lied and was rude. I learned how to professionally clean homes
Pros
Cons
no health care
Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  GAJanuary 1, 2018
This is an overall great place to work. You must be self-motivated and willing to put in a lot of hours. The management team can be tuff. The hours you spend working outside of the building is a lot.
Great Company!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GANovember 21, 2017
Cabins for you is a great company to work for. They are growing and thriving! The leadership at Cabins For You is great! I love working for this company!
Nice company - nice people
Business Development Director (Current Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Growing company with a vision and values to achieve their objectives. Appreciates its people and its customers. Understands the need for structure and focus. They are learning and embracing the art and science of infrastructure, polices, procedures and a level of standardization - all while keeping its identity.
Pros
GROWING Company! Family friendly - fullfilling!
Cons
Growth changes (isn' that with every growing company!)
Best Job I Have Ever Had!!
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 15, 2017
God sent me Cabins For You over two years ago. The company is growing so there are a lot of changes but the pay is excellent, great benefits, and awesome people to work with in a good environment. I couldn't ask for better managers that fight for what is right for their employees or a better team to work with. I am a certified teacher and I do not have any intentions of leaving CFY any time soon. As far as other reviews that were made several years ago, those things are not true now. We do get paid time off, Health Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance and lunch breaks that I have never been asked to work through. Unfortunately some people do not like to go through change with a company so they do not get the benefits of what the changes bring. The company is awesome and so are the people. I highly recommend it!
Pros
Free Lunches (sometimes), Great Atmosphere, Great Pay
Cons
Growing Pains
Cabins for You is Awesome and Growing!
Director of Service & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 28, 2017
Cabins for you was God-Sent for me! I love the opportunity to aid the company's transition to a world-class organization. The people are amazing and really care about their contributions. I feel very bullish about the future.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Free lunches, Good pay, & Unique Culture.
Cons
Growing pains
Great Environment!
Guest Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJuly 28, 2017
I love everything about working for Cabins For You. Management always ensured we were taken care of. It is a fast paced company with lots of room to grow, where they truly care about investing in each and every employee.
Pros
Paid work trips to Tenneseee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabins For You. Our community is ready to answer.