Cable ONE Employee Reviews

Diverse Employment Base
Corporate Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
The employment base was diverse which was a positive. Management could have been more pro-active to provide solutions to complex issues. Training was comprehensive.
Pros
Diverse employment base.
Cons
Management could be more pro-active.
not a fun place to work
SENIOR FIELD TECH (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
treat you like kids. you do something then behind your back bosses are having someone check over you to make sure just cant deal with there stuff anymore. to stressful
Okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
This company is a good place to work if you never get sick or have children. Although my work there started out great once my daughter was hospitalized and I had to take time off they made it very difficult to get back to work.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSJune 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Cable One. I learned a lot about customer service from Cable One. The people that worked there were like my family. Great
Cableone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2018
The work environment was conducive to ones success and advancement. Management was great and was always concerned to make sure you had the tools needed to succeed. I enjoyed my time there and would love a second chance, if at all possible.
Pros
The company itself is a “Pro”
Cons
N/a
Solid Place
Inbound Business Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2018
I worked for Cable One Business for 8 years. I would have stated with the company but moved out of state. Fun environment, decent pay, great benefits, & a solid management.
Pros
Fun environment, benefits, flexible schedules, solid management
Cons
Communication between depts
Great company to work for , it’s a family oriented group
Field tech senior (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 22, 2018
Love working for cable and enjoy each day there just to see what the plan for the day , there have been some good days and bad ones and each tech is there to help u up to help ur day so we can all go home a decent time
Pros
Family closeness
Cons
Manager that things slip and have race to get things done lack of communication from leads to techs
Great place to work!
Manager, Center (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
Awesome work environment without micro-managing. Opportunities for training and personal development are limitless. Leadership is very good and trusting.
Pros
Work from Home, personal education
Cons
Healthcare
Loved it here!
Web Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Cable One as a Web Sales Representative, my manager and my team made working there so fun and the environment is so uplifting! Employees are all friendly and outgoing, lots of small competitions to win & the possibility for advancement is there but limited. Definitely recommend!
Relaxed environment
Technical Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2018
Job was full of men with no career advancement for women. Typical day of work was sitting with a bunch of men working at a desk taking calls. Had to hear stories about booze, women, and cars all day. Hardest part of the job was getting the help i needed without being discriminated upon. The most enjoyable part were the breakrooms. They had game systems and self service kiosks.
Pros
Relaxed environment; self service kiosk;
Cons
Alot of discrimination; no room for advancement
Great to work for
TECHNICAL CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2018
Cable One is a wonderful company to work for. They will make many compensations for their employees. Cable One has a very team oriented atmosphere and all required training for their associates is provided.
Poor management in technical center
Technical Care Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2018
The company as a whole seems great but the technical center is an awful place to get stuck in. I would recommend staying away from the tech center if you don't want to be be overworked and under compensated and treated like dirty by not only the customers but also the management. Everyone I knew was trying to get out of there when I left.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Terrible Management in tech center that does not care about employees
Very pior management
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 24, 2018
Everyone was not meant to be a leader. Just because an employee has worked for a company for 20 plus years doesn't mean they have the ability to manage people. We had an employee appreciation luncheon potluck, and the employee workspace is a half if a triangle. This Compnay does not appreciate it's employees.
Pros
On site gym
Cons
Very small work space.
typical call center, they had a gym and some video games available onsite.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
It is a typical call center. as far as work goes.
They had a gym and some video games available onsite if you wanted to use them outside of work hours.
Free coffee and tea from a kurig type machine.
They occasionally gave out pizza or cookies, but rarely had any healthy options.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Poorly managed
Senior Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 13, 2018
Working with the public is always stressful. You are the stranger in someone's home. Sometimes you are the messenger about why their service is not working properly, however, I will do my best. That has been taken the wrong way. I don't how, but it does.
Pros
working independently
Cons
low pay poor benefits poor management
Excellent Company
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
great company....good work/life balance....management amazing
benefits day one...salaries competitive....rewards employees when applicable....raises given annually...
Pros
good communication with employees
Cons
nothing bad
Good Company had a couple of poor leaders as VPs
Director of Operations/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2018
Company and culture matches the companies philosophy and mission. For the most part the executive team lives by its culture statement however they do have a couple very poor VPs that makes Cable One a poor place.
Outside Sales
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMarch 8, 2018
Loved my job! Excellent pay and benefits. I had an excellent manager that was very supportive of my sales efforts. This was an outside sales job. Unfortunately, the company went to a call center environment in another part of the state, so no longer any outside residential sales jobs.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
none!
They had a gym and shower and in a good location down town
Business Enterprise Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2018
I can't remember enough about this place to give a fair review. Overall I enjoyed working there when I did and I know I only left due to time and finances
Pros
I liked working with hospitality and hi cap accounts and not in call center atmosphere
Cons
The pay seemed low for the work they wanted done.
good place to work
Advanced Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSFebruary 27, 2018
I have been very satisfied with my career at cableone there is goo opportunity for advancement. the benefits are excellent. the compensation is very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cable ONE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight