Cabot Corporation Employee Reviews

Good benefits, fast paced, no advancement opportunity.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work. Very fast paced. Little advancement opportunity. Long hours Safety environment is a plus. Monthly safety training. First Aid/CPR/AED training available.
Pros
Reward for milestones
Cons
Lack of opportunity.
Mid level management stinks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Centerville, LASeptember 15, 2018
Pay is great, dirty job, no chance for advancement, will hire foremen off the street, lower management=clueless. Upper management= penny pinching, if you are worried about Safety...then you will be labeled as a "troublemaker". Even as a union shop, if management wants you gone.....you're gone!!
Pros
Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Old School Big Company
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
Cabot has an old school vibe; no great work from home policy and slow to change things that should be able to pivot quickly. They do have a solid sense of security though and the pay is not bad.
Best Company Ever
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
Family owned.business and they treated their employees as family. I have never had a job again as fine as this one. They are incredible, kind and they are endearing. If I ever had the chance to work for them again, I would. They are not in the state I live in right now, so that won’t occur any day soon. I would highly recommend Cabot Corporation. I would like to thank them for a lot of wonderful years.
Safety comes first
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MAJune 2, 2018
Safety cultural is important at this company. They really do care about your well-being, even if they do go overboard at times. The hours are flexible and the people are great to work with.
Pros
free ice cream every week
good place to work
Accounts Receivable/ Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 24, 2018
I started as a contractor and was promoted to a full time employee within 6 months so, I started from the bottom. There are not many opportunities for advancement.
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAMarch 15, 2018
Monitored all process equipment to maintain a good product for the customers. Calibrate temperature and pressure gauges, took samples, housekeeping, computer work, and loaded railcars. The workplace had a great culture and I loved the people who I worked with.
Pros
bonus money
Cons
very little advancement
Fast Pace -
Accounts Payable Lead (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 1, 2018
I process 1590 – 1700 invoices monthly. Though many people find change difficult to handle, I understand how to handle it with ease. We have a very fast paced environment and I understand how to navigate the changes and provide high quality work. Over the 12 years I continue to remain nimble and adapt to changing circumstances. I find it easy to be energetic and ready to start work in the morning. I have strong motivation in my responsibilities throughout the day. As the AP lead I work to keep a positive attitude and help motivate others in my department to do the same. My attitude toward positive change is one of enthusiasm, and I consistently put forth an effort to improve myself and my surroundings.
Pros
I work a 10 hr work day 4 days a week off on Fridays
Cons
Hard to get into another department
admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Run the day to day operations of the front office, Assisted with employee questions, Adminstrative duties, Payroll, placed orders with vendors....
It was a good temporary job
Manpower Temp (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 6, 2018
It was a good paying job and the labor wasn't terrible. Unfortunately being a Contract worker there wasn't the greatest and the swing shifts took a toll. The job overall gave me a stronger work ethic and taught me what more serious companies want to see in their employees.
Pros
I wasn't as responsible as hired on workers
Cons
Being a contract worker
Great facility
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJanuary 31, 2018
Working Environment was poor, No ventilated hoods.
No Career advancement. No real on the job Training.
A company you either love or move on.
Hired many unskilled people to save money
Pros
Nice facility
Highly professional and intelligent team
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2018
All members of the team are highly educated and act professionally. Good guidance and team work, respectful and fun environment. Expectations are high, but you're set up for success.
R&D was located in Remote area with hardly any life.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILDecember 10, 2017
It has been a very long time when I worked at Cabot Corporations' R&D in Tuscola, IL.

The pace of work and the culture was not much conducive to learning for recent graduate.
fast paced
Assembly / Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MADecember 7, 2017
it was a very fast paced competitive job, but had a really good crew that worked together. very dirty and but easy to learn. overtime was always available.
Pros
paid decent at the time.
Cons
contract only, very dirty
A decent place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MANovember 15, 2017
A great place to learn. Exposure to many departments and fields through teamwork and collaboration. The work is very manual and human dependent. Aside from the actual production process all of work is very manual. High level management are too far away from the production to really make a difference. Mid level managers are mostly overworked to the point that progress work is outweighed by making up for the manual work issues. A majority of the working class are hard working with a few that make many wonder why they have a job.The pay and benefits are good but have dropped in quality over the years. Depending on the department the pay may not reflect the hours put in in comparison with other departments. The culture is very meeting heavy where a lot can go on in one day. It will take a certain type of person to be able to work for Cabot. There is a high turnover rate by the company and also by personal choice.
Cabot
Process Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 7, 2017
Started out as a dependable job. Trained in several areas. Received safety training regularly. Troubleshooting was expected regularly even on new equipment.
Pros
Great Pay, 401k, medical, dental and vision plans
Cons
Some equipment was rigged instead of fixed properly
oh boy
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXOctober 23, 2017
the pay is good but the management in place is the real downfall of the plant. It was a constant struggle between production and maintenance on who took priority.
Sr. Capital Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, LAAugust 30, 2017
Upper Management has good handle on the product lines. Work at the plant is easy going in my role. There are other department managers that take their jobs way too seriously and their workers suffer for it. Some of the other departments have poor work life balance. The Capital department is great though and I enjoy my work but I would be hard pressed to take another role in the plant due to poor management of facility
Pros
Laid Back Department
Cons
Some people have unrealistic expectations and local promotability is limited
overall positive but...
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2017
with limited opportunities, very nice colleagues, However, very poor work life balance. most importantly, do not see much opportunities to advance your career.
Maybe it is myself, not the company.
Manual Labor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAAugust 28, 2017
I was a working production supervisor during a labor dispute with the union.
Exposure to hydrofluoric acid
Worked 12 hour shift 12 days on 2 days off for over 8 months
Learned a difficult process for the production of Tantalum powder
Process was intensive manual labor
Other acids used in the process
Pros
Over time pay
Cons
Exposure to a difficult process, limited time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cabot Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight