Cabrini College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good school but upper management is not supportive
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 10, 2018
Cabrini has promise but the focus is never on the best interests of the students - its always the bottom line - I understand schools need to make decisions to keep the doors open but it should not be at the expense of professional respect for its employees
patience is key
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 26, 2017
It is ok depending on your status in life and what you are looking for. wages are market competitive but not cost of living competitive. Know what you want and what your worth is.
Resident Assistant
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PASeptember 5, 2017
Being an RA had a lot of perks as well as downfalls. I didn't mind doing rounds or holding programs for the students. I actually really enjoyed doing programs in which the students could actually engage with one another. I did not like some of the supervising staff, but overall it was a good experience and i enjoyed getting to know the other RA's.
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
Doing rounds till 2am
Hourly wage, difficult to advance
Admissions Assistant - Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed working in a department that served the needs of current and prospective students. Especially gratifying when I was able to clear up a students concerns about the difficulty of restarting their studies and helping them see how to make the first steps. I became an expert (learn on the job) on all the educational programs and possibilities.
Pay was quite low and hourly - no benefits. I was offered a potential promotion but when the college president didn't approve the budget, the promotion became impossible. That's why I left.
Pros
the work itself was gratifying
Cons
low pay, no benefits, difficult to advance
Wonderful job for college students
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 2, 2017
I worked at Cabrini College ( now University) for four years and loved every second. My boss Tracey was one of the most kind, easy going and understanding woman I know to this day. Scheduling was a breeze and the student coworkers I worked with over the years were great! Pay increased the longer you were there and you would only work a maximum amount of hours so that you could still hav plenty of time for classes and workload.
Great learning enviroment
Pre-service Teacher (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJune 1, 2017
Students have a great oppurtinity to learn and network through internships and academic programs. The teachers and staff are wonderful and they really care about their peers
Great hours and benefits
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJune 1, 2017
Very friendly work environment. The benefits are very good. They do not pay as well as other universities. Enrollment is up and moving up within the college is a good possibility
Pros
Benefits and work culture
Cons
Lower on pay scale
Workplace was full of good people
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work was fun.
I learned a lot of self-confidence.
Management didn't understand some of the employees.
Workplace culture was very diverse.
Hardest part of my job was leaving the friend I made while working there.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 20, 2016
Cabrini is a good place to work. The students are great, faculty are dedicated. Staff is hard working pay is fair! Working conditions were great.
Pros
dedicated faulty and staff, great students
Great environment
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach/Goalkeeper Coach (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 27, 2016
I work with people very dedicated to making a difference all who show maturity beyond their years. I was welcomed with open arms from the get go.
Productive and fun work place
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJune 1, 2016
Very good overall place to work at with great co-workers and overall a fun place to be at all times of the day. I would recommend working here to anybody.
Pros
Easy commute (on-campus)
very fun environment
Fitness Staff (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAMarch 3, 2016
very fun environment
computer skills
helping community members
friendly co-workers
helping members seeing them improve each week
Great work experience for Student Workers
Aquatics Staff/ lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAMay 30, 2015
As a student at Cabrini College, i had the opportunity to work for many different offices at the college. My first and longest position was working as part of the aquatics staff as a lifeguard for all four years of my college career. I worked under the director of Aquatics and Head Coach of both the men and women's swim team. With me on stand at all times was another certified lifeguard, most of which were other Cabrini students. We worked together to keep the pool, locker rooms, and pool deck clean and safe for our patrons.
Along with life guarding, I have worked in the Education Resource Center where we have a Macintosh Laboratory for education majors to complete and print work. My sophomore year at Cabrini College, I was an Orientation Leader. With this position, I worked with a large team to create a fun and exciting week for incoming freshmen students. My junior year I was a Resident Assistant for one of largest buildings on campus at Cabrini College. I took great pride in my role as a Resident Assistant. I created fun and appropriate bulletin boards, programs to build community in my school, protect and ensure safety of any and all persons who are in my area, and work as a team member with the Residence Life office. Although I did not work every job simultaneously, I had two jobs at once during most of my career at Cabrini so finding the balance between work and school was hard but with strong time management and organizational skills, I was able to spend enough time on both. I was able to meet many great people through my positions at Cabrini who each have taught
  more... me something special.  less
Great learning experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radnor PAApril 23, 2015
Helping residents deal with on campus and personal issues
Facilitating programs
Participating in rounds and duty

Great management
Great co workers
Coaching
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PADecember 17, 2014
Softball is the biggest part of my background so this is where I am able to stay involved in the sport that I love and provide guidance and education to the athletes.

Working with the team as well as the other coaches is great.
Relaxing peaceful environment.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 4, 2014
tutored peer students with certain material.
went over material until one grasped an understanding of it.
Pros
closes job you could get near your school.
Cons
short small hours
babysitting
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 21, 2014
great providing security for students

supervisor was great
Pros
good pay, free education
Cons
seasonal
Bad Leadership
Enrollment (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAFebruary 24, 2014
People are out to get people, rather than help people. They do not care about their employees. The pay is bad, and the respect for the employee's knowledge and experience is slim to none.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Productive adn interactive workplace filled with students, faculty, and prospective students and guests
Cabrini College Tutor (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 21, 2013
At this job I hold a one day a week for four hours, along with optional Saturday session hours and once a month open houses. On a daily day I am required to make sure all of our guest feel welcomed, keep the environment clean, and always be ready to react to any situation. Tours are scheduled in advance and if they are not during your work hours, employees are expected to help in the office by scheduling tours, answering any questions to the best of our ability and helping our admissions counselor team. I enjoy working at this place very much. I feel like I am not only learning a lot of information about my school but also about myself. I am able to practice skills and find strengthens within myself!
love interaction with students, employees and public
PA - Retail Director (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 13, 2013
love working in higher education facility and coffee concept. introduced new profit center and successful at increasing audit scores. was promoted to general manager of my own account