Cactus Wellhead
61Average

Cactus Wellhead Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews
Good overall
A good place to advance. Hands on personnel that make sure u have the tools and training you need to complete job tasks safely and consistently. A 0 tolerance safety policy if u don't abide by. Work is fair two shifts so theres no staying late after hours if job duty isn't completed.
Just a number
From top to bottom, this company couldn't care less about their employees. Compensation is above average for the area, but this company wears you down physically and mentally.
Not a bad place to work if you are young and single. Definitely would not recommend for anyone that values time at home with their family.
Toxic Environment
Probably the most toxic work environment that myself and many others have been in. It stems from management and works its way down. The quality manager plays the favorite game and it just so happens the favorites were the general manager’s son in law, a guy that knows nothing of quality but is a slave driver and literally works to stab the guys under him in the back, and the best friend of the general manager’s son in law. Pay was ok. Several good people that work there, but the people in the leadership positions are idiots that are simply on a power trip. For crying out loud the quality manager didn’t even know how to use ball mics. In the end, an entire shift threatened to leave over a leadership position change, we wrote letters to corporate speaking of the dealings we had with said person, and they didnteven slap the guy on the wrist and made him a “leader” anyways. They would have rather replaced an entired shift of experienced quality technicians instead of simply not putting the guy in that position.
Great Company to work for
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this company they have taken care of me and my family for the past 6 years. They have competitive pay and benefits.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Sometimes Long Hours
Great company to work with
Enjoyed my time and experience working at Cactus Wellhead. Management does care about their employees and there is a lot of growth in every group/department.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Growth, Great Management
Cons
Can be affected by the Oil & Gas prices
Hard workers avoid this place
This place is ran off a buddy system with absolutely no room for growth advancement. The management is terrible, employees walk around doing whatever they want to do. No one is held accountable for errors and mistakes, constant daily meetings.
Ok company, they paid well, feel like I got back stabbed though
Decent company feel like I got back stabbed but what is done is done, I’m ready to move on and continue supporting my family, and advancing my skills to further advance in my career
Williston Branch is horrible to its employees
The work itself was great, especially for an entry into the oilfield. I learned a lot about the oilfield. However, they lay off good people and because of the bad employee and management morale, they have a high turnover rate.

Would not recommend.
In my time at cactus wellhead I learned a substantial amount about the oilfield. Although I had years of experience before I got there the workload at cactus drove me to learn more and more about myself as a worker and the oilfield as a whole.
Good rating
Swamper it was a really great job but got low on work and let go people usually happens in oil rigs when it slows down would like new work experience thats why i moved town
continuous work stability
Jobs were continuously available, they always made sure you had a job/ ticket. Were working on schedule to make it work for more family oriented lives.
Hard working
As a Valve Tech you pull multiple valves and button them together following customer instructions to build a valve tree. You have to follow all spec regulations. Make sure to test tree before letting it get painted or leave the warehouse.
As a Rental Coordinator I had to pull used equipment to clean everything, test, and paint for pad hands to use on location. Also had to put together the casing hanger to the pup joints for drilling on location.
The people you work with
Not a bad place to work.jours can be long at busy times but money is good. When slow money isn't too good. Management is not willing to listen to you when there is an issue.
Loved it
Best oil company yet, new truck fully loaded truck with all new tools, managers treat you good,insane amounts of money. Only con is the hours and time away from home, its nothing to pull 200 to 250 hours in 2 weeks really running any wellhead job.
Buen lugar para trabajar
Excelente lugar de trabajo bastante ocupas buenas horas de trabajo horarios regular es
Cactus wellhead hands down the Best service technician job there is in the oil and gas industry
Top notch wellhead equipment and service management in the industry. Safety is priority and performance is key to our success. I have not worked for better company in my 13 years running service
Typical long oil field shifts. You get to meet a lot of good people and you can gain a lot of knowledge if you want. Company provided vehicles are nice and reliable. Some lack of communication with management, but what company doesn't have that.
great company
they pay well and the work isn't that hard. youll do a 90 day training program that is somewhat annoying. usually youll start at night. but you get 2 extra dollars an hour for that. great benefits and weekly pay. you earn days off based on a 40 hr work week and have to schedule days off in writing in advance
Proper training to excel in the business.
Working for Cactus Wellhead allowed me to advance my career, and train in many different aspects of the business. They gave me room to grow, pick up more responsibility while making sure to give me the proper training to make sure I was able to complete different tasks without compromising safety.
Good company
Good company to work for, will not tolerate mistakes. Long hours and long weeks, 20 days on 10 days off................
Wellhead work and lots of time away from the house.
Cool
I loved my time at cactus it was poorly managed when I first started but thing are better now. If you want to spend a lot of time with your family. This may not be the job for you. YOU MUST HAVE THICK SKIN FOR THIS JOB. IF YOU CANT TAKE A JOKE MOVE ALONG.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cactus Wellhead. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2