Caddo Parish Public Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Better than when I started many years ago
Educator (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 4, 2018
There are some great people in Caddo Parish Public Schools. Do your research on schools before you accept a position. The benefits are great, but it seems like things change frequently including curriculum, vision, etc.
Employer review
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 23, 2018
The workplace environment was positive with strong support for employee advancement and development. New employees were give to the opportunity to lead projects early in order to develop leadership skill.
A job that never has the same thing each day.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work starts with getting the students of the buses and to class on time. I learned that everyday is different. Management has a hard task at trying to get all children/students to act correctly.The hardest part of job is dealing with disruptive students. Love working with the children, but it is sometimes stressful due to difficult situations.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
situations that are uncommon.
I love to teach. Caddo Parish allowed me to fulfill my dream.
Author of multiple lesson plans (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 13, 2017
Working in the classroom is always exciting, as each day brings new experiences. I was great at time management skills. There is a lot of material to cover and this is a skill that is difficult for some. Managing the class was always accomplished with positive re-enforcements.
My workplace culture was very diverse, but we were a community of learners and it felt like family in my classroom. The hardest part of the job for me was taking my work home with me and staying up until midnight some nights making sure I had done my very best to ensure my students had the highest quality education. The most enjoyable part of my job, was watching their faces change as I was instructing them. I could tell, the light bulb came on, That is an amazing feeling.
Pros
working to make a difference
Cons
short breaks
work day
In school suspension Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 8, 2017
the work in the company is okay. the people around are okay too, this sis a place where things can go down hill fast. but overall things are okay.thnk
Efficient operation. I have had no problems working there.
Substitute teacher grades k-12 all subjects (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 29, 2017
Efficiently ran and operated. They have people assigned that can be called if there is a problem. I have been pretty satisfied with the overall operation.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Not much room for advancememt
Working with kids
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 9, 2017
The thing I love about working here is that it's really flexible. Also, the kids love me as much as I love them. Most of the other teachers are pretty friendly and helpful.
Good Place To Work If You Love People
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 21, 2017
Busy day
People are different with different backgrounds
Stay focused

Angry Parents makes a good day seem bad

Loving and passionate teachers
Pros
Things Happen out of your control
Cons
Roll with the punches
Not enough pay
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 26, 2017
Working with children is challenging but it allows me to be off with my so. It's hard getting up going to a job when you know it's not enough pay, so I grit my teeth in keep working because I love children.
Pros
Off days
Cons
Pay
Typical Life as an Educator
Discoveries Coordinator/School Leadership (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 22, 2017
Overall I think working here was great. The district staff (some, not all) are slightly out of touch. It's definitely a quid pro quo or who you know type of environment in terms of wanting to advance out of the classroom or get hired at certain schools.
Enjoyable and Productive Learning Environment
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 7, 2016
I love working with enthusiastic educational people that happen to be my coworkers. I enjoy making learning exciting and working with children.
Productive Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 10, 2016
A typical day at work is teaching all subjects to first students varied backgrounds. My co-workers or excellent. They are very supportive.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Too much testing
Productive work enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 15, 2016
With this job I was exposed to a great deal of what parish maintenance is like and I was able to see different levels of how the Public Works office ran.
Pros
Working outside, backhoe and trackhoe experience
Cons
creosote
I enjoyed my time at this company
Volunteer Music Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 12, 2015
I loved working for this company. They were well mannered and very helpful. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
Greatful to be employeed
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 18, 2015
A typical day at work would be to teach 3 classes for 90 minutes. The classes can range from 15-25 students. This year I learned that many students do not come to school to learn or try to improve their basic skills of reading, writing, and comprehension. I love teaching, but the hardest part of the job this year is staying positive and staying focused, because some students try to fight against the principles of learning and teaching everyday.
Pros
Holiday Beaks and Summer Vacations
Cons
Its a thankless job.
Great work enviroment.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 26, 2013
Great co-workers, Prepare 3 Attorney's for court and manage their daily agenda. Prepare/File paper work and documents. Answer/Return phone calls. Scheduling appointments for attorneys.