CADENCE BANK Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
FDIC purchase bank
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Gurley, ALMay 2, 2018
clients were treated horrible due to FDIC purchase agreement but so were the employees. This bank closed most offices as per plan. This was sad place to work.
Excellent
VP (Current Employee) –  Dunnellon, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Would recommend, great working environment. They care about their clients and employees. Benefits are good with 401k, medical, bonus incentives, discounts.
Stable work place. Even balance of ups and downs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Pretty cool work environment. Management and operations changes a lot, which has been scary because it has resulted in layoffs here and there. Nature of the job can be stressful but overall it is a team oriented company so that helps balance the work life.
great place to work
Retirement Service Specialist/ Trust Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 3, 2018
There are lots of opportunities for advancement within the Company. Management always encourages associates to do their best and give the best customer service possible. Every customer is treated as a priority.
Okay Place To Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2017
Cadence bank was a mere okay place to work. The compensation was good; however, management was very difficult. I worked in different departments and with different managers and the overall culture of the company is to not be very attentive to administrative employees or their needs. Management is not very diverse and often unqualified. I would not recommend Cadence as a place to work because the compensation is the only positive thing.
Pros
Compensation, Laid back environment
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Not appreciative of employees
Challenging yet Rewarding Place to Work
Director of Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my position at Cadence Bank very much, but found it to be stressful at times. I was always able to rally support from my team when things got too hectic, so all in all, it was a great place to work!
Pros
Great insurance and culture
Cons
Stressful environment at times
Stressful job
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Office was closed due to company downsizing - not confident in the long term future of this company. My last manager was definately the reason I went to work everyday.
No longer in operation
Teller (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GASeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Cadence, as I enjoy banking. I worked with a small staff, just me and two others. I enjoyed working side by side with my head teller. I love being able to earn the trust of my customers and to provide them with the needs they desire.
Emerging/Maturing
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 5, 2017
Technology platforms have rapidly matured as the organization has recently gone public. Efforts continue to on board quality IT staff as well as offer world class technology solutions for bank customers.
Think again
Branch Manager III (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 24, 2017
Extremely slow paced, only 14 locations in Florida, very high goal expectations. You will need to generate business for a bank that does not have anything different to offer other than cd rates (teasers) and they expect you to compete with other banks without any advertisement or exceptional products. No deposit atm's, no online banking for business customers, and no way to avoid fees on accts.
Stressful place to work
switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 13, 2017
When I worked as switchboard operator was not a good position. Did not have anyone to relieve me regularly. Worked the position in hopes that I will eventually gain fulltime employment in other areas of the bank.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
no relief in this position
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cadence Bank. I only left due to an injury otherwise I would still be working there. Nice coworkers and very friendly company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility
nice place to work
PERSONAL BANKER III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2017
Salary and bonus are good, Managment very professional
easy placed to work no stress the incentive were very good also health insurance very good the hours also very good
Great atmosphere. Healthy environment to grow and learn.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALApril 30, 2017
Working at Cadence Bank allowed me to learn multiple areas of banking. I learned customer service, how to work with computers, how to assist customers with any banking need (ex. withdraws, deposits, transfers and cashing checks.) The workplace culture was excellent. It was a healthy environment to communicate with your team members if you ever had a question or needed help. The hardest part of the job was taking in all of the new information in the beginning because I didn't have a banking experience prior to my job at Cadence. However, I picked it up quickly because I was eager to learn and had a great trainer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, my co-workers and the customers.
review
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2016
Good culture for the most part but upper management not very good at communicating. benefits not very good also. Very cost conscious and making several cuts
Productive and great management team
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2016
Typical day begins with going over the pipeline for calls to be made, and assisting with customer service issues. Coworkers work in a team environment to make sure clients are serviced to the highest levels.
Some top-flight bankers, but it's a growth at all costs environment.
Vice President & Senior Credit Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2016
Good/great people in many areas, but hampered by a short term, growth at any cost business plan.

Company does not adequately acknowledge and address risk.
Pros
Nice workplace environment, good benefits.
Cons
Extreme risk profile, risky lending for a bank of its size.
A great company to work for I am currently employed there and hope to continue my career with Cadence Bank.
Deposit Operations/Cash Ordering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 18, 2016
I enjoy working for Cadence Bank, they are diverse and progressive in the banking industry. They are a growing company with many opportunities for growth within.
nice place to work and fulfilling
Teller (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MSFebruary 17, 2016
my job at Cadence was serving as teller; basically customer service. I also handled the oil and gas leases and payouts; helped my co-workers anyway that was needed.
Pros
was a good place to work
Great Company to work for
IT Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2016
I started out as a level 1 helpdesk tech at Cadence Bank and I have been fortunate enough to have been promoted twice within two years!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Company Politics