CADENCE BANK Employee Reviews

Disfunctionable
Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 4, 2018
Horrible on boarding without support. Upper mnagement talks in circles and nothing is consistent. Very clicky and favorites can do no wrong. Computer systems are extremely outdated.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Mentor employees (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 30, 2018
Overall it was a good company to work for with the exception of my training. The training was challenging due to the prior employee leaving all of a sudden being the only person knowing how to do the job.
Productive, family oriented company
Private Banking Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 8, 2018
Cadence Bank provides a warm, friendly environment filled with confident, competitive, highly trained associates. Cadence prides itself with excellent client relationships and happy and successful associates that are able to maintain a healthy and satisfying work/life balance. I highly recommend Cadence Bank to anyone seeking a workplace culture that requires productivity and supplies a healthy, happy work environment.
It's a good place to work
TM Ops Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77056September 14, 2018
You sit at your desk and do your work making sure you meet your deadlines.

Shared my knowledge of the job to help improve the quality of work.

Management is knowledgeable of their jobs and welcome any new way of processing work.
Pros
You get two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch.
Cons
No overtime.
Productive and fun work environment.
VP/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Managed all aspects of retail branch banking working with clients and associates directly on many things from sales to operational excellence. Weekly outside business call required.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Lack of growth potential
I hated this job ,
SENIOR LOAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALAugust 23, 2018
I loved this job until bank was sold. The management changed as well the policies. The job became unbearable for me. Very stressful everyday. Poor management.
Pros
worked 8 to 5
nice place to work
Business Analyst - Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed my initial position but was transferred to a very boring one so I left. I have nothing left to say about this bank. The initial position and boss were great but they changed.
Pros
no pros
Cons
let employees leave with system knowledge
okay
Items Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 27, 2018
a typical day at cadence working in a room with no windows, repetitive work and a complex manager. i enjoyed the work, correcting teller, providing great customer service and data entry.
Pros
hired on from the temp service
Cons
company bought us out
Employs reasonable intelligent people who collaborate well amongst themselves
Vice President, Special Assets Group (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 8, 2018
Company has a bit of an identity crisis; it is a mid sized regional bank with senior management in Houston, executive offices in Atlanta and a large work force in Birmingham, AL.
A lot of the workplace culture is driven by the regulatory environment.
FDIC purchase bank
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Gurley, ALMay 2, 2018
clients were treated horrible due to FDIC purchase agreement but so were the employees. This bank closed most offices as per plan. This was sad place to work.
Pros
Stable work place. Even balance of ups and downs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
Pretty cool work environment. Management and operations changes a lot, which has been scary because it has resulted in layoffs here and there. Nature of the job can be stressful but overall it is a team oriented company so that helps balance the work life.
great place to work
Retirement Service Specialist/ Trust Accountant I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 3, 2018
There are lots of opportunities for advancement within the Company. Management always encourages associates to do their best and give the best customer service possible. Every customer is treated as a priority.
Okay Place To Work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2017
Cadence bank was a mere okay place to work. The compensation was good; however, management was very difficult. I worked in different departments and with different managers and the overall culture of the company is to not be very attentive to administrative employees or their needs. Management is not very diverse and often unqualified. I would not recommend Cadence as a place to work because the compensation is the only positive thing.
Pros
Compensation, Laid back environment
Cons
Lack of Diversity, Not appreciative of employees
Challenging yet Rewarding Place to Work
Director of Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my position at Cadence Bank very much, but found it to be stressful at times. I was always able to rally support from my team when things got too hectic, so all in all, it was a great place to work!
Pros
Great insurance and culture
Cons
Stressful environment at times
Stressful job
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 26, 2017
Office was closed due to company downsizing - not confident in the long term future of this company. My last manager was definately the reason I went to work everyday.
No longer in operation
Teller (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GASeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Cadence, as I enjoy banking. I worked with a small staff, just me and two others. I enjoyed working side by side with my head teller. I love being able to earn the trust of my customers and to provide them with the needs they desire.
Emerging/Maturing
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 5, 2017
Technology platforms have rapidly matured as the organization has recently gone public. Efforts continue to on board quality IT staff as well as offer world class technology solutions for bank customers.
Think again
Branch Manager III (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 24, 2017
Extremely slow paced, only 14 locations in Florida, very high goal expectations. You will need to generate business for a bank that does not have anything different to offer other than cd rates (teasers) and they expect you to compete with other banks without any advertisement or exceptional products. No deposit atm's, no online banking for business customers, and no way to avoid fees on accts.
Stressful place to work
switchboard operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 13, 2017
When I worked as switchboard operator was not a good position. Did not have anyone to relieve me regularly. Worked the position in hopes that I will eventually gain fulltime employment in other areas of the bank.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
no relief in this position
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cadence Bank. I only left due to an injury otherwise I would still be working there. Nice coworkers and very friendly company to work for.
Pros
Flexibility