Cadence Design Systems Employee Reviews

Cadence was my first job in the corporate world
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2018
Cadence was a great place to work and I made life time friends there. Everyone worked very hard and it was motivating to work with such dedicated people. Towards the end of my tenure at Cadence, there were many changes in management. Moral suffered and job growth ceased.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Company grew too fast and turnover increased
Similar to my research
Sigrity R&D Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2018
I run a lot of simulations using objective oriented programming C++. I need to find out the most sensitive parameters to control the quality of the mesh. Give customers recommendation about using the software tool.
Poor management.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2018
Want to get the business on any cost. Not customer focused. Bad practices to disguise the customer to grab business. Customer NDA misuse by sharing the login/pass among employees without NDA.
Pros
ok benefits and salary, flexible hour
Cons
poor management, no clear directions, want to earn the businees on any cost, ESPP is not good, horrible RSU for 4 years
Bad Management
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
The management is very poor. The managers most have no clue about the design challenges and the expectations are unrealistic. The focus is not on quality but to win as many accounts as possible at any cost.
Pros
work from home, flexible work hour
Cons
bad management, odd working hours
Principal Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2018
I would recommend others to work at Cadence. Cadence provides full benefits to full time employees. It has an on-site gym, cafe, and quarterly celebrations for special holidays.
Productive and fun place to work
ENGINEERING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
The company has great culture and core values, it has several initiatives to make managers/employees accountable for their own success. In the last 3-4 years, management team has worked very hard to boost company images.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Hard work
A perfect place for work and life balance
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Cadence System Inc. is a perfect place for work and life balance. It is the top Electronics Automation Design company. Although EAD is not as exciting as some networking, self-driving companies these days, it is still working on some advanced techniques. Overall, a good place to work for.
Good
Sr. IT Director (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 4, 2018
very good company to work. Very good management and people to work for. Good work and life balance. Free lunches and good benefits for family members.
fun place to work in
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2018
fast pace, fun place to work in. managements are fine in the beginning. later on change of management lead to unfair treating to some employees including me.
Sr. Principal Program Manager - IPG PMO Office (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2017
Great place to work overall and treated employees fairly.
Cadence has been awarded by fortune magazines as one of the best companies in the U.S to work for.
Collaborative Work Environment
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2017
Very collaborative environment with very smart people. Well developed environments. Hardest part is collaborating with geographically-dispersed engineers in different time zones.
Pros
Autonomy
Good company
Senior Member of Technical Stuff (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2017
It's an American company and has a culture that makes employee feel comfortable. Although engineering/cross function meetings were, sometimes, a little bit to much, the beauty was the process made things right.
Pros
Benefit is good
Cons
Already forgot, sorry.
A fantastic place to work for
Sr. Supply Chain Manger (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 7, 2017
it's quite a nice place to work and the work culture is quite nice as well. I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful manager who's very helpful in all aspects. Even though, i believe what value most to me is my manager has a lot of respect for his employees.
Great place to work with customers
Technical Marketing Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2017
Great place to learn how to interface with customers of Cadence software. Can work at an applications engineer or in marketing. They keep buy smaller companies and have great management.
Challenging and innovative place to work
Sr. Sales Technical Leader/ Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 15, 2017
This challenging, competitive place to work is very rewarding as the team solve interesting problems of the semiconductor industry everyday with embedded software/IP solutions to engineer's most vexing problems. Their algorithmic solutions allows semiconductor companies setup useful design and verification test benches their best portfolio based on their core competencies.

Although the environment can be high-stress; it's also well balanced. The high-stress does not come from the leader, but from self-motivated employee who want to excel in their respective disciplines. Sort of a work hard/play hard mentality.
Pros
Always surrounded with superintelligent, well-rounded team members who are not-so arrogant.
Cons
None.
favorite manager ever!
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 11, 2017
they gave me a shot when I was new in my career - great culture, good coaching and collaboration! challenging atmosphere but worth the overtime. I loved my experience there.
Pretty good employer
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2017
This is a good place to work if you live in San Jose or one of its other main centers. It doesn't offer as much opportunity for remote employees. Nice compensation and benefits.
Pros
Good pay
N/a
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95134August 30, 2017
Cadence was great because it had the big company feel on a small campus.

For the most part, it was a good experience. However the management wasn't good in my department.
Poor Management
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 26, 2017
Highly political environment. Incompetent management in some departments, such as IT. Org structure causes confusion. Not an innovator, just pushing ideas that are unlikely to succeed
Pros
Cafeteria, Compensation
Cons
Rampant politics encouraged by management
Very political company
Executive Assistant to VP & Treasurer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here until my manager left. Little training when I started. Management is highly political and the work culture was not the best. The hardest part of this job was not every feeling 100% comfortable in it and the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Upper Management