Cadence Design Systems Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, highly competitive market
Qualcomm Global Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
Great field people, wonderful client facing support resources.

Management was strong. Leadership was growing.

Time to position and close deals was short, competitive and fun.

Executive support and consultative selling was exciting!
Pros
Talented field teammates and support
Cons
Unrealistic written goals relative to available/limited field resources
good place to start career
DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I have joined cadence as a design engineer and enjoyed work there. Manager was supportive. I was working on cutting edge technology. Left job to take up higher studies
Contractor
Frazier Executive Consulting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 12, 2018
Non applicable. I was a contractor at Cadence and not a full time employee. it would not be appropriate for me to provide feedback on the items listed to the right
Talented and good people. Complex tech.
Sr. Engineering Manager. (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2018
In my current role, and likely in part due to my own approach, I've found myself handling way too much. My compensation is barely ok, but on the low end of the scale and very much out of sync with what I do day-to-day. People are mostly nice. Amenities are not super, but there are some good points. Cafeteria is pretty good overall, for example, which is not a small thing.
A typical day for me spans a lot of hours, working with global teams that need interaction far outside of a normal working day.
The most valuable things I've learned have been taught in courses provided at Cadence, with daily tasks as a backdrop for practicing them.
Some managers are good. Some less good. A few are great. The culture is a bit manic due to the pace of the industry. The people are what kept me at CAdence for so long. There are a lot of good people.
Pros
A lot of flexibility (depends on manager)
Cons
Crazy daily pace. Lack of clear and consistent direction at times.
High-level management can be erratic
Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
When high-level management continually resets each person's "top priority", commitments are dropped and you don't get the information you need. Base the date for your deliverables as a specific number of days/weeks/months of receiving information from colleagues.
Pros
Smart, respectful colleagues
Cons
Constant re-setting of priorities
cadence is an ok company.
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 10, 2018
but lack of the potential career growth and excitement of working. Also the industry is kind of shrinking. The benefit growth can hardly beat inflation.
Nice people and relaxed culture
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 29, 2018
This is a nice place to be if you don't care much about working in modern technologies. You have a lot of freedom and very good work/life balance. It is also a very welcoming place and you'll be tempted to stay here for many years. Your resume will become pretty bad and you will become unemployable everywhere else, but you will live a happy and comfortable life.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Ancient technology stack
It is a great place to work.
Receptionist Duties (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2018
A typical day is fast paced.I learned a lot working there.Management was ok .Workplace culture was great.The hardest park of the job is when I had to be the lead and show averybody what to do .The most enjoyabe part of the job was lunch time talking to people.
Pros
Cons
na
Cadence was my first job in the corporate world
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2018
Cadence was a great place to work and I made life time friends there. Everyone worked very hard and it was motivating to work with such dedicated people. Towards the end of my tenure at Cadence, there were many changes in management. Moral suffered and job growth ceased.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Company grew too fast and turnover increased
Similar to my research
Sigrity R&D Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 10, 2018
I run a lot of simulations using objective oriented programming C++. I need to find out the most sensitive parameters to control the quality of the mesh. Give customers recommendation about using the software tool.
Poor management.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2018
Want to get the business on any cost. Not customer focused. Bad practices to disguise the customer to grab business. Customer NDA misuse by sharing the login/pass among employees without NDA.
Pros
ok benefits and salary, flexible hour
Cons
poor management, no clear directions, want to earn the businees on any cost, ESPP is not good, horrible RSU for 4 years
Bad Management
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 20, 2018
The management is very poor. The managers most have no clue about the design challenges and the expectations are unrealistic. The focus is not on quality but to win as many accounts as possible at any cost.
Pros
work from home, flexible work hour
Cons
bad management, odd working hours
Principal Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 17, 2018
I would recommend others to work at Cadence. Cadence provides full benefits to full time employees. It has an on-site gym, cafe, and quarterly celebrations for special holidays.
Productive and fun place to work
ENGINEERING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2018
The company has great culture and core values, it has several initiatives to make managers/employees accountable for their own success. In the last 3-4 years, management team has worked very hard to boost company images.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Hard work
A perfect place for work and life balance
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 28, 2018
Cadence System Inc. is a perfect place for work and life balance. It is the top Electronics Automation Design company. Although EAD is not as exciting as some networking, self-driving companies these days, it is still working on some advanced techniques. Overall, a good place to work for.
Good
Sr. IT Director (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 4, 2018
very good company to work. Very good management and people to work for. Good work and life balance. Free lunches and good benefits for family members.
fun place to work in
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 2, 2018
fast pace, fun place to work in. managements are fine in the beginning. later on change of management lead to unfair treating to some employees including me.
Sr. Principal Program Manager - IPG PMO Office (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 11, 2017
Great place to work overall and treated employees fairly.
Cadence has been awarded by fortune magazines as one of the best companies in the U.S to work for.
Collaborative Work Environment
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2017
Very collaborative environment with very smart people. Well developed environments. Hardest part is collaborating with geographically-dispersed engineers in different time zones.
Pros
Autonomy
Good company
Senior Member of Technical Stuff (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 30, 2017
It's an American company and has a culture that makes employee feel comfortable. Although engineering/cross function meetings were, sometimes, a little bit to much, the beauty was the process made things right.
Pros
Benefit is good
Cons
Already forgot, sorry.