Cadence Education Employee Reviews

Great company
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 27, 2018
Loved working for Cadence Education. Had alright benefits, pretty good work environment, great start for working with kids, got lots of hands on experience with different sides of the child care and teaching process.
Pros
Well run facilities
Cons
Hours can be long
Dont work for this place
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2018
You are not treated as a teacher but more like a bonded labor who shouldn't be concerned about the well being of the class and students.. The management doesn't support teachers and would completely shy away from any responsibility towards the workers. All the teachers look so stressed out and this shows in I could care less about this school attitude.
The parents can simply barge into the classroom and threaten the teachers if they want to, so security of the teachers is also a concern.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stressful, No management support, Ill treatment of staff, Can fire you at the drop of a hat.
Company is good, depending on region
Employee (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 18, 2018
Cadence education is not a bad company however upper management in the Charlotte region is horrible, mainly the regional director. She doesn't care about the employees at all, they are disposable in her eyes. They can't keep employees at all in this region, super high turnover rate I don't know why corporate hasn't notices this issue, they follow every other trend. Why not the turnover rate? If they did an anonymous poll of the staff, they would find out alot.
Pros
Teachers, children, parents
Cons
Regional director
Fun Place to Teach
Lead Teacher Infant Room (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 6, 2018
Cadence, formerly known as Rogy's, was a great place to work, The staff was like family and we all loved working with the children, watching them grow and learn under our care. The management has changed somewhat since I started, but was always friendly and supportive. I loved working with the babies. I will miss them dearly.
Pros
Free lunches, Earned Paid Time off, Great kids
Cons
High Healthcare costs, Sometimes high turnover
Horrible Management and Gossip-Fueled Environment
Qualified Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 18, 2018
In my time working for Cadence Education, I have not been overly pleased with the management. They do not appear to have the children's or teachers' interests at heart when they create new rules or admit families. For instance, in my preschool room, I had at least 5 children with severe behavioral or cognitive disabilities, yet I would often have to teach my class alone if my total attendance was under 10. Sometimes, we were so understaffed that I'd be forced to teach more than the acceptable ratio. I don't understand how we are supposed to teach when the management does not supply us with the resources to reach our children. This causes so much stress within the staff that a rebellion is beginning to form by means of vicious gossip and backstabbing. Not a pleasant place to work.
Pros
Free Lunch, Long Break
Cons
Expensive Healthcare, Poor Management, High Negative Stress
Great
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2018
Its a great environment to work in. Everyday is a routine that requires a lot of physical movement. You have to pay attention in order to help the children to the best of your ability.
Pros
Families
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Horrible management team
Teacher (Former Employee) –  West county day school , Chesterfield, MissouriMay 3, 2018
New management team is so rude, unprofessional. They will write you up if you call off one day without a doctor notice. If you look for a long term professional working environment, stay away from here. You just waste your time.
Pros
Kids, parents, new furniture
Cons
Poor management
Wouldn't go back if it was the last job in town
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 2, 2018
Honestly, this place sucks.
Management is extremely unprofessional and doesn't care about their employees at all. All of the people that worked there were snobby and always talking about everyone. They pay minimum wage to change diapers, which is ridiculous. They also bend the rules for people they like. CPS was constantly in my facility. How embarrassing.
Lies get you in the door
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILApril 27, 2018
Expect to work yourself to exhaustion for close to minimum wage and no appreciation. At the center I worked at, management was unprofessional, inconsiderate, manipulative and rude. They promised a specific wage to get me to accept the position then offered me much less. The Director and Assistant Director play "favorites" and have no issue choosing race over quality teachers. The "favored" ones receive recognition for every little thing, when long term dedicated teachers are treated with disrespect and then ignored when they need help in the classroom. Ratios seem almost non existent.
The classrooms are a mess and unorganized. Either the toys are worn out and damaged or there isn't enough at all. The teachers are burned out, exhausted, and unappreciated.
The turn around on teachers is high. Most new hires only stay a few months. They say they don't need to be treated the way management treats them.
Pros
Children and families were great
Cons
Everything else
Depends on the location
Lead teacher (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 10, 2018
I worked at 2 différents school. First one had a very poor management, very laxiste where I basically did anything I wanted and would not get in trouble. Would allow time off to everyone without regard of the schedule.
My current location is great. Management is firm, involve and wants results.
Lots of gossips.
Can sometimes feel like a school for money, not for families.
Pros
Good support, grateful families, management great
Cons
Very few time off, not being paid when school closes for a snow day, low pay
Administration had no control over overbearing employees
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2018
Some of their old employees were very nasty towards new employees. The administration did nothing to stop that kind of behavior from taking place. Administration was very nice, but they did nothing to stop the harassment of their old employees on the new ones.
Pros
Great location, nice building, and nice administration
Cons
Administration couldn't stop present employees from intimidating new employees.
Start positive, leave on meds
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 10, 2018
No bathroom breaks. Admin sits upfront and gossips. Very petty, open communication leads to bullying and harassment. Constant criticism from admin. Each man for themselves mentality. So much turnover you’re forced to work overtime sometimes you don’t get a break. Parents pull their kids and good teachers quit. Don’t do it
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Everything else
The children is what kept me there
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Terrible environment. Lead teachers do not follow curriculum and basically babysits the children. I would not recommend to any one. The director dies not get the materials needed and they run out if food for the cook.
Pros
The children
Cons
to many kids..too many uneducated teachers
Lead Teacher, Preschool (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 30, 2017
This is a preschool /day care run by a corporation. The main concern for them is money...not best practice for the children. This is a very disappointing place to work. Benefits are too expensive even for a lead teacher to afford.
Bremen, Georgia location
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bremen, GADecember 18, 2017
The management needs cleaned up and the teachers need to be retrained. There should be a receptionist of some sort or someone maintaining the office to assist customers and employees.
Pros
1/2 off daycare if you work there
Cons
Chaotic environment, no set schedule, not enough help
Not a great place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
I was the cook that just left this job. Don't be a cook at this place. The teachers are great and some of the assistant directors are fine. Now the Director of the school is horrible. She's insensitive, heartless and do not care about anything but getting a dollar. She treats everyone horrible. I left as the cook because of the director. If you call human resources they did nothing. And the CEO of cadence education has done nothing as well.
Sad very sad
Floater (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 6, 2017
Managers talk behind your back they pick and choose their golden workers everybody worries about other people and not the children prepare to be under valued.
Gateway Academy Ken Caryl Best School
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ken Caryl, CONovember 5, 2017
Staff and management work together to ensure the families’ best interests are in mind at all times. Atmosphere at the school allows for a relaxing, yet professional feel.
Home away from home
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZNovember 3, 2017
My family recently relocated to Arizona. This company welcomed me with open arms. From the minute I stepped foot in the door I knew this was my new home away from home. Staff are very professional and friendly. The families and children are amazing to work with. Management is fantastic and provide ample opportunity for growth and professional development. The most enjoyable part of my job is walking into a home like environment and seeing all the eager faces ready to grow and learn, and the excitement of the unknown adventures that await each day.
Place to bring your child for daycare or childcare
Assistant Teacher Pre-K (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MONovember 2, 2017
If you are looking for individuals to care about your child and give them what they need to be successful in life, cadence education is the place to go. They are not only very understanding of everyone’s personal life situations, but they hire on the best individuals for the job to help each individual child grow to what they know they are capeable of. The staff there is nothing but amazing and friendly. They continue to ensure you that you do a great job and help you grow and learn more and more. Cadence education allows your child to express their creativity, and be theirselfes.
Pros
Great staff, amazing parents, and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cadence Education. Our community is ready to answer.