Cadence Health Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Medical Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 21, 2017
This was the best job I’ve ever had. They paid better than other jobs, great opportunity for advancement. Great benefits. If I ever moved back into that area, I would be happy to work there again!
Job secuirty is an issue with the changing orginzation
Marketing Specialist & Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJuly 19, 2017
I actually enjoy what I do, who I work for and the team I work with. My only issue is because of the organization growing so much change comes everyday and you wont know if your job is no longer needed or if you routine will change daily.
Pros
GreatManagement team
Cons
To much change
Tiffany Harrison /Candence
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 8, 2017
This hospital is a great company to work for and they always have the latest medical equipment to help with the health of the patients. They also have a great support program for the employees if help is needed.
Pros
Great health care
Cons
Better management
productive work load
ROI Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILFebruary 27, 2017
learning how to handle roi in a timely fashion getting peoples info sent to them as soon as possible with following hippa as well as information that needs to be verified in order to send the requested information out
it was a waste of my time
EVS Tech (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILJanuary 27, 2017
the work coming from here was never constantly. the people in the office were very rude and not friendly at all. I would not work for them again. unless they got new management.
Productive place to work
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILNovember 24, 2016
This was a temporary position that was a great fit the job was easy to learn. the company just happen to use the EHR that I'm currently using now. Great place to work. Just too far for me to drive...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Some areas super stressed out and understaffed.
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 31, 2016
Work the usual 40 hours week, but they "encourage" overtime, actually encourage it so much and use this as the main solution to under staffing problems,at least in some areas. In the Medical Records Dept., way too much work for the 6 or so people who work in ROI, who are all temps, who are trying hard to process ROI requests, which are overwhelming them in number. Upper management treats temps literally like "stepchildren", no eye contact or acknowledgement of how hard they are working. It is in crisis mode there but no one higher up even has a CLUE, nor do they seem to care, as they handed the ROI Dept to a company that only used to do shredding, and who has never done ROI before. The release of medical records is an important thing, needs to be taken seriously with rules to be adhered to, and patients and families need their medical records in a certain time frame to continue care and treatment of medical conditions, etc. The situation is\ super unorganized and spiraling out of control..If the public only knew....for shame..
Recently acquired by Northwestern Medicine
Application Coordinator for Radiant and Cupid (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Since acquisition the culture has changed. The changes implemented have mainly affect the legacy cadence employees and added to benefits for the Northwestern employees.
Procurement Coordinator
Procurement Coordinator, IT Solution Value Office (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2016
- Facilitated legal review for hundreds of IT product and services
- Contracts and subsequent invoice and payment approvals
- Maintained dashboard for IT contracts
- Assisted in negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Reviewed end to end process flows and made improvements
Enjoyable place to work with happy employees
Respiratory Care Practitioner Level IV (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 11, 2016
Typical day kept me busy throughout my shift, if I got a break in my assignment I would assist other therapists if needed. I was a valued member of my team, peer reviews were always stellar. Management is fair and approachable, rules are spelled out. I really enjoyed and got along well with my coworkers. Most difficult part of my job is seeing patients and their families trying, suffering, and losing their battle, whatever it is. The people are the part of my job I enjoyed most. It didn't matter if they were the patient, their family, or my fellow staff members. I love and miss them all dearly.
Pros
Yearly bonus for reaching set goals
Cons
12 hr shifts
Great coworker relationships. Poor upper management.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILDecember 28, 2015
I enjoyed my time with the Cancer Center. I though coworker relationships were all really great. Management could be better.
phelbotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILOctober 27, 2015
Cadence is a fun and exciting place to work. They are just like family. I am glad I chose to change my profession and lean toward the health care field.
A growing place to work
Painter (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 20, 2015
A typical day at work was well productive and positive.
I learned that a hospital is not just Drs and nurses. It takes so many teams to make a hospital run smoothly. From the call center down to the facility's teams. So many people all working at one common goal to make the hospital excellent. I enjoyed seeing the different people at work every day thousands of people to run one hospital. What I didn't like? I have to say seeing upset loved ones when working in ICU or ER. That took time getting use to.
Pros
set sceduel
Cons
having to use PTO for holiday pay
a very nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILSeptember 28, 2015
I complied with HIPPA
I would draw labs ordered by physician
Retrieved patient information.
The hardest part of my job was learning the physician.
The patient were the most enjoyable part of my day.
Great work environment,cooperative team members.
Food and Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winifield ILAugust 19, 2015
Hard working team who delivers the best food to patients in the hospital.Great facility AND HOSPITAL WAS VERY CLEAN.Co-workers very helpful and considerate of each other.
Cons
short lunch break
An enjoyable place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 15, 2015
Excellent place to work always enjoyed coming to work. Cadence applied a very positive place to work.I was always learning somthing new there was a computer program called health stream offering questions to always learning something new.Might it be patient related or safety concerns. Management carried themselves in a positive manner always willing to help. Co- Workers were always willing to help other co workers.the hardest part of my job was when the patients finished with their therapy and had to leave Saying good bye is always hard.I fell that the whole work experience was wonderful.
Pros
positive enviroment
Cons
patients leaving after therapy was finished
The office is great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 14, 2015
I worked as a medical assistant in a busy family practice office and as a PCT in the hospital. Both places we great to work at, it was just difficult to balance work-life-school. They have great benefits and if land the right office or unit it will be the best place to work
Pros
Great staff
Cons
work-life balance is difficult
Was Solid and Going Places - Change in Leadership Took that Away
Director of Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILMay 6, 2015
Came here because this system was doing great work in healthcare and passionate about quality and patient safety.

New leadership wasn't capable of continuing this trend and they were soon acquired.

Too soon to tell if the merged system will improve this outcome. They want to shift to becoming academic instead of community.
Always growing and changing company
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winfield, ILApril 17, 2015
Typical day at work consists of answering phones, checking patients in, scheduling appointments, and various other office duties. The job is easy and there's room for growth, but knowing people helps. I was a float PSR and worked in 30 different offices and got to meet a ton of people. It's a great company, but my own management was controlling and very black and white, with little room for flexibility. Thats hard to work under. Not everyone has that experience, there are so many offices and depts. I'd recommend this company! I learned so much about healthcare and insurance and am thankful for the 3 years I was there.
Pros
Good insurance, many opportunities within the company
Cons
Poor raises, office politics, lot of sitting
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winfield, ILFebruary 11, 2015
Awesome place to work! There are lots of people, there is lots to learn, there is lots of gossip! Thats everywhere, I guess....