CAE INC. Employee Reviews

CAE was a fun place to work
Engineering Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 9, 2018
Got to work on numerous real time simulators. Was given the opportunity to change positions and become an in house training manager. Taught several courses in computer science.
I was there to get then their ADAD License back after they failed twice.
Treatment Coordinator/CACIII (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2018
Arrive early, poor through ADAD reports of insufficient treatment focus, poor attendance records, and devise plan for changing this and implementing it. Learned a great deal about what makes a successful treatment program and how to encourage parolees to participate in treatment. Management left me alone, but took credit for my achievements. The environment was one of 'dog eat dog'. After successfully achieving a renewal of license, gaining the trust of the parolees so they would attend groups and therapy which included going from 2 groups attended by less then 5 parolees each to 12 groups attended by 15+ each, weekly, I was moved to another facility to do the same. I hardily enjoyed the success I was have,only to have that success contracted out and my being moved.
Pros
Achieving The successes I was able to acheive.
Cons
Being moved without having a voice.
Fast paced. Lots of client interaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXOctober 25, 2018
responsible for reviewing and maintaining training schedules , and daily logs for over 250 customers weekly. demonstrated telephone and front-desk reception withing a high volume environment. Served as a central point for all incoming clients that needed access to the building.
Pros
great vacation time, closed holidays with pay
Cons
far from my home, upset clients over things out of my control
Poorly managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 10, 2018
Flown out for you interview. Human resources were rude and poorly organized. Poor communication and weak management. Dishonest staff. Stay far away and don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Poor company
Was an enjoyable Experience and a good job
Co-Op Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AR 72120August 14, 2018
I come in and work on the software as well as design in Unity. It was my first real experience as a programmer in the computer science field. I do recommend this company
Pros
Free Coffee, breaks, improving your skills, everyone works together and cooperates very well
Cons
didn't have all the software I needed in order to work at the start, long screening process
If you're a current sim tech. stay away
Simulator Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
First off I never do these but for this company I want to warn others. I have to say I was hesitant to work here as the rumors I heard made it sound horrid. It was just that unprofessional as could be management plays the blame game the salary for a tech is a joke. There was always and I mean always lack of parts to support the simulators no spare computers or anything for a catastrophic failure. The support from the other staff is horrible as well a lot of talk about others behind their backs. I do not support that and I'm happy I left with no regrets this truly is the wal mart of simulators technicians proceed with caution. This was my experience.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
poor management
Constant travel, slow work
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2018
Work varies from constant overtime to barely any work. When work slows down, employees get cut. Poor management means your work is mostly independent.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Only contract positions
Self managment
FLIGHT SIMULATOR TECH APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 22, 2018
I had a very understanding supervisor and no one breathes down your neck. Everyone expects you to self manage and allows you to do your job with faith that you know what you're doing.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Nice people to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 16, 2018
Very nice people to work with, Canadian owned Engineering company however the culture does not flowdown into the US sites. Should've stayed in retrospect!
Pros
Quaint
Cons
No upward mobility
Good People, Bad Management
Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 6, 2018
CAE is a revolving door of management. Instead of addressing actual problems in the company, upper management simply swaps out department heads in hopes that things get better. Most times the new department heads are just as incapable if not more so than the previous one.

Constantly under-manned and under supported, every single person in the organization is asked to do far more than their fair share of work. Most employees wear multiple hats on a day to day basis and none of them are compensated fairly for it. With the added responsibility of extra duties/titles does not come any leniency as far as getting everything done. If one responsibility falls through the cracks because you are busy dealing with another one you simply get reprimanded for not doing your job instead of being helped out to accomplish what should be COMPANY goals.
Pros
Most people are great, pay was OK. Nice facility with good equipment for the most part.
Cons
Management, Undermanned, Only focused on bettering the bottom line, no care for the people that do the work.
Great small company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 8, 2018
Originally called Allen Corporation of America, was a small government contractor. It was bought and sold a few times before losing its identity completing. The focus of the work was consulting to the federal government. The
Pros
Great leaders, collaborative colleagues
Cons
Limited pay
CAE Simuflite
Instructional Designer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 7, 2018
Management is more customer oriented, not so much on employee. Management tense not to say no to deal a day training, customized training for one individual customer, making the work stressful for the employees.
Sweatshop
Instructor Pilot (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
If standing on your feet and talking for 11 hours straight is your idea of fun, then CAE is the place for you! Understaffed, with high turn-over, management does not address the work balance nor do they compensate you for 10 work hour days.
Pros
Free uniforms.
Cons
24 hour rotating schedules. Living in Texas. Traffic.
I enjoyed working as a flight simulator technician with CAE St. Louis. People were friendly and helpful.
Site Chief/Simulator Tech III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
I would easily recommend CAE to anyone. I had liaison with the program people whenever I wanted. whenever I had questions on the simulator, I was immediately put in touch with an engineer who had intimate knowledge with the system in question. On visits from CAE to the St. Louis site, I was always treated with respect.
Hardware Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Work is fairly interesting, mostly govt. related for the Tampa location. Management and coworkers are very friendly and willing to teach. As an intern anytime I had questions or concerns they were addressed quickly.
Good Place to Work, but Needs Improvement
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2018
People are great to work with, but pay needs to be more to market and support departments need to be respected and not piled onto when things get difficult.
Fast paced environment
Simulator Technician III Wing Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 26, 2017
4 on a scale of 5. Enjoy working for this company. Work at own pace, but had to keep pace. Learned about aircrafts and various kinds of aircrafts., mostly business jets
Pros
family orientated
Cons
work overnight
Schedule and Cost focused
Sr Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2017
Clear Emails. status programs, meetings with management, meetings with production people, prepare presentations, call on contractors, develop and update of program schedules and finance.
Pros
Incentive bonuses, and free turkeys
Cons
lack of training on new software
I was never paid for my final two weeks of work. They also withheld monies from my paycheck and payroll ignored me for months at a time.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
They never paid me my last paycheck for the two weeks I worked. Incredibly disappointed with the lack of professionalism that was afforded to me after I left.
Fast paced productive company to work at.
counterman (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 9, 2017
Provided the customers with top customer service and employee management. Worked in coordination with other departments to ensure that customers get quality service and satisfaction. Worked door to door in order to reach as many potential clients as possible. Worked as a counterman- took vehicle applications in order to receive the correct units for customers. Stocking, inventory, and ordering. Dispatching for deliveries. Packaged auto part orders and prepared them for shipping. Worked directly with employees to ensure excellent quality service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about