CAE INC. Employee Reviews

Poorly managed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 10, 2018
Flown out for you interview. Human resources were rude and poorly organized. Poor communication and weak management. Dishonest staff. Stay far away and don't waste your time.
Pros
Cons
Poor company
Was an enjoyable Experience and a good job
Co-Op Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, AR 72120August 14, 2018
I come in and work on the software as well as design in Unity. It was my first real experience as a programmer in the computer science field. I do recommend this company
Pros
Free Coffee, breaks, improving your skills, everyone works together and cooperates very well
Cons
didn't have all the software I needed in order to work at the start, long screening process
If you're a current sim tech. stay away
Simulator Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2018
First off I never do these but for this company I want to warn others. I have to say I was hesitant to work here as the rumors I heard made it sound horrid. It was just that unprofessional as could be management plays the blame game the salary for a tech is a joke. There was always and I mean always lack of parts to support the simulators no spare computers or anything for a catastrophic failure. The support from the other staff is horrible as well a lot of talk about others behind their backs. I do not support that and I'm happy I left with no regrets this truly is the wal mart of simulators technicians proceed with caution. This was my experience.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
poor management
Constant travel, slow work
Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2018
Work varies from constant overtime to barely any work. When work slows down, employees get cut. Poor management means your work is mostly independent.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Only contract positions
Nice people to work with
Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 16, 2018
Very nice people to work with, Canadian owned Engineering company however the culture does not flowdown into the US sites. Should've stayed in retrospect!
Pros
Quaint
Cons
No upward mobility
Good People, Bad Management
Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 6, 2018
CAE is a revolving door of management. Instead of addressing actual problems in the company, upper management simply swaps out department heads in hopes that things get better. Most times the new department heads are just as incapable if not more so than the previous one.

Constantly under-manned and under supported, every single person in the organization is asked to do far more than their fair share of work. Most employees wear multiple hats on a day to day basis and none of them are compensated fairly for it. With the added responsibility of extra duties/titles does not come any leniency as far as getting everything done. If one responsibility falls through the cracks because you are busy dealing with another one you simply get reprimanded for not doing your job instead of being helped out to accomplish what should be COMPANY goals.
Pros
Most people are great, pay was OK. Nice facility with good equipment for the most part.
Cons
Management, Undermanned, Only focused on bettering the bottom line, no care for the people that do the work.
Great small company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 8, 2018
Originally called Allen Corporation of America, was a small government contractor. It was bought and sold a few times before losing its identity completing. The focus of the work was consulting to the federal government. The
Pros
Great leaders, collaborative colleagues
Cons
Limited pay
Sweatshop
Instructor Pilot (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
If standing on your feet and talking for 11 hours straight is your idea of fun, then CAE is the place for you! Understaffed, with high turn-over, management does not address the work balance nor do they compensate you for 10 work hour days.
Pros
Free uniforms.
Cons
24 hour rotating schedules. Living in Texas. Traffic.
I enjoyed working as a flight simulator technician with CAE St. Louis. People were friendly and helpful.
Site Chief/Simulator Tech III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
I would easily recommend CAE to anyone. I had liaison with the program people whenever I wanted. whenever I had questions on the simulator, I was immediately put in touch with an engineer who had intimate knowledge with the system in question. On visits from CAE to the St. Louis site, I was always treated with respect.
Hardware Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Work is fairly interesting, mostly govt. related for the Tampa location. Management and coworkers are very friendly and willing to teach. As an intern anytime I had questions or concerns they were addressed quickly.
Schedule and Cost focused
Sr Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2017
Clear Emails. status programs, meetings with management, meetings with production people, prepare presentations, call on contractors, develop and update of program schedules and finance.
Pros
Incentive bonuses, and free turkeys
Cons
lack of training on new software
I was never paid for my final two weeks of work. They also withheld monies from my paycheck and payroll ignored me for months at a time.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
They never paid me my last paycheck for the two weeks I worked. Incredibly disappointed with the lack of professionalism that was afforded to me after I left.
Fast paced productive company to work at.
counterman (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 9, 2017
Provided the customers with top customer service and employee management. Worked in coordination with other departments to ensure that customers get quality service and satisfaction. Worked door to door in order to reach as many potential clients as possible. Worked as a counterman- took vehicle applications in order to receive the correct units for customers. Stocking, inventory, and ordering. Dispatching for deliveries. Packaged auto part orders and prepared them for shipping. Worked directly with employees to ensure excellent quality service
Work place was good, and required commitment to safety.
A and P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed the work, often I received blame for problems that occurred which I did not sign for or do, often on aircraft I only helped a person pull it in the door, to accomplish their task. I was told I was being laid off for being non productive for being on paid administrative leave due to Megan Dorsey telling me via phone that I could not come back to work and later stating I received $9375 severance package and the loss of tools from my tool box which includes a new Snapon OBDII engine analizer
Cons
false reporting of probems
Part time instructor
Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work. Keeps me current on several models of Learjet. I also get to interact with customers who are actively flying the aircraft on an everyday basis.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2017
Great Place to work. Management not in touch with actual work product and too much on budgets and non added value agendas. The people are great and I truly miss the job itself.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The upper management
Not a fun place to wrok
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2017
You sit in a warehouse surrounded by 300 cubicles. No windows in the building. Work is very monotonous, pretty mch doing the same thing everyday and on every project.
Highly Competitive Brokerage Desk in an unregulated market.
Capital Asset Trader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
A typical day at work was from 9am to 9pm, and involved dealing with a broad client base, consisting of varying professions and skill sets. One hour you could be talking to engineers at laboratory in Europe, and the next you could be dealing a used machine broker in Taiwan. I learned a lot about international shipments, engineering of highly complex machines that make semi-conductors, and Asian business culture.

The workplace culture was focused and intense most of the time, with brief moments of fun or rowdiness. The work force was entirely males between ages of 25-45.

The hardest part of the job: loosing a deal to internal competition. As a junior trader, you are treated in a drastically different manner than the people who have been there a few year.

The most enjoyable part was cash bonus.
Pros
compensation, health benefits and gym membership
Cons
management
Any
Tactical Medicine Instructor (Former Employee) –  SAUDI ARABIAMay 6, 2017
The company is ok. Lack of leadership , and gave very little importance to their employees. No support shown from upper management while deployed in a foreign country
Good place to work in Altus
KC-135 Simulator Pilot Instructor (Current Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKFebruary 28, 2017
Been there almost 3 years.

Great making a difference and having influence on the next generation of Air Force pilots.

Scheduling can get a bit crazy, but overall, not bad.
Pros
Great working with America's best and brightest
Cons
Weekend overtime can get old.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about