CAE INC. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great small company
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 8, 2018
Originally called Allen Corporation of America, was a small government contractor. It was bought and sold a few times before losing its identity completing. The focus of the work was consulting to the federal government. The
Pros
Great leaders, collaborative colleagues
Cons
Limited pay
Sweatshop
Instructor Pilot (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
If standing on your feet and talking for 11 hours straight is your idea of fun, then CAE is the place for you! Understaffed, with high turn-over, management does not address the work balance nor do they compensate you for 10 work hour days.
Pros
Free uniforms.
Cons
24 hour rotating schedules. Living in Texas. Traffic.
I enjoyed working as a flight simulator technician with CAE St. Louis. People were friendly and helpful.
Site Chief/Simulator Tech III (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2018
I would easily recommend CAE to anyone. I had liaison with the program people whenever I wanted. whenever I had questions on the simulator, I was immediately put in touch with an engineer who had intimate knowledge with the system in question. On visits from CAE to the St. Louis site, I was always treated with respect.
Hardware Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Work is fairly interesting, mostly govt. related for the Tampa location. Management and coworkers are very friendly and willing to teach. As an intern anytime I had questions or concerns they were addressed quickly.
Schedule and Cost focused
Sr Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 26, 2017
Clear Emails. status programs, meetings with management, meetings with production people, prepare presentations, call on contractors, develop and update of program schedules and finance.
Pros
Incentive bonuses, and free turkeys
Cons
lack of training on new software
I was never paid for my final two weeks of work. They also withheld monies from my paycheck and payroll ignored me for months at a time.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
They never paid me my last paycheck for the two weeks I worked. Incredibly disappointed with the lack of professionalism that was afforded to me after I left.
Fast paced productive company to work at.
counterman (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 9, 2017
Provided the customers with top customer service and employee management. Worked in coordination with other departments to ensure that customers get quality service and satisfaction. Worked door to door in order to reach as many potential clients as possible. Worked as a counterman- took vehicle applications in order to receive the correct units for customers. Stocking, inventory, and ordering. Dispatching for deliveries. Packaged auto part orders and prepared them for shipping. Worked directly with employees to ensure excellent quality service
Work place was good, and required commitment to safety.
A and P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed the work, often I received blame for problems that occurred which I did not sign for or do, often on aircraft I only helped a person pull it in the door, to accomplish their task. I was told I was being laid off for being non productive for being on paid administrative leave due to Megan Dorsey telling me via phone that I could not come back to work and later stating I received $9375 severance package and the loss of tools from my tool box which includes a new Snapon OBDII engine analizer
Cons
false reporting of probems
Part time instructor
Simulator Instructor (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Good place to work. Keeps me current on several models of Learjet. I also get to interact with customers who are actively flying the aircraft on an everyday basis.
Quality Engineer
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 19, 2017
Great Place to work. Management not in touch with actual work product and too much on budgets and non added value agendas. The people are great and I truly miss the job itself.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
The upper management
Not a fun place to wrok
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2017
You sit in a warehouse surrounded by 300 cubicles. No windows in the building. Work is very monotonous, pretty mch doing the same thing everyday and on every project.
Highly Competitive Brokerage Desk in an unregulated market.
Capital Asset Trader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
A typical day at work was from 9am to 9pm, and involved dealing with a broad client base, consisting of varying professions and skill sets. One hour you could be talking to engineers at laboratory in Europe, and the next you could be dealing a used machine broker in Taiwan. I learned a lot about international shipments, engineering of highly complex machines that make semi-conductors, and Asian business culture.

The workplace culture was focused and intense most of the time, with brief moments of fun or rowdiness. The work force was entirely males between ages of 25-45.

The hardest part of the job: loosing a deal to internal competition. As a junior trader, you are treated in a drastically different manner than the people who have been there a few year.

The most enjoyable part was cash bonus.
Pros
compensation, health benefits and gym membership
Cons
management
Any
Tactical Medicine Instructor (Former Employee) –  SAUDI ARABIAMay 6, 2017
The company is ok. Lack of leadership , and gave very little importance to their employees. No support shown from upper management while deployed in a foreign country
Good place to work in Altus
KC-135 Simulator Pilot Instructor (Current Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKFebruary 28, 2017
Been there almost 3 years.

Great making a difference and having influence on the next generation of Air Force pilots.

Scheduling can get a bit crazy, but overall, not bad.
Pros
Great working with America's best and brightest
Cons
Weekend overtime can get old.
Worst job I have ever had
Multimeter Designer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJanuary 18, 2017
This was the most frustrating, degrading, and humiliating design position i have ever held. The middle management was belittling in the guise of friendliness and completely condescending. The lower management felt they needed to destroy those below them so that they looked good. I would rather be homeless than ever work here again.
Instructor Pilot
Pilots Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2016
Teaching in the C-130 Hercules airplane simulator, the Spanish-speaking pilots. I like to accept challenges and solve them in the best way. The strength of my profession is to impart the best knowledge to the pilots in the area of flight safety and simulated emergencies to improve their skills in flight.
An exceptional professional enviornment
Courseware Developer (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 4, 2016
CAE holds only the highest standards, and was exceptional to work for. Their benefits packages is among the best I've ever seen, and when I had a personal tragedy to cope with, the company was very understanding in what I needed to do and where I needed to go.
Pros
Great benefits, good hours, exceptional staff.
Be prepared to do combat with management.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKSeptember 19, 2016
Since it has gone union the management is not worker friendly. Most workers fear they may loose their jobs. Its sad but it was a better place when the first contractor had the rains. I would not recommend working for this CAE at all at this location. Mostly want part timers so not to pay benefits.
Great pay but the work pressure is not worth it.
Pros
Excellent experienced workers and the mission is great.
Cons
Can not trust management
Bad sick policy, poor management, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2016
This company gives you 2 weeks sick time but the time can only be used if the employee is sick. No emergency time is allowed. If you have an emergency or a sick child you must take vacation. They need to get on board with every other company and offer PTO.
The pay is about 3K below every other company in the same industry.
They are stuck in the 80's
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2016
The average person employed there is 10+ Years. That being said, the culture does not react well to change. The Human Resource Department, at the time, was really a joke when it dealt with certain policies. The hardest part of the jobs was really the internal politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was the travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAE INC.. Our community is ready to answer.