Café Eclectic

Working at Café Eclectic: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

2.5Pay & Benefits

its a restaurant

high volume capacity with limited work space. Prep department couldn't keep up with the volume of customers so we were constantly out of items on the menu

A high tense environment

The environment (vibe) in itself was friendly at first. Employees do what they want and come into work late constantly (no consequences). No respect for management. Higher management say they have your back, but in the end they can afford to lose Staff, so they really don't. Employees smoking weed on the clock and nothing done about it.

Café Eclectic insights

• Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Fun environment

The job requires the employee to work in a coffee shop environment. This includes working with customers to provide food and beverages with a welcoming and satisfying attitude.

Good people, decent enough pay, not much career advancement

Not bad place to work overall. Good for part time employment if you’re a student or younger person. Good food, nice coworkers, good management overall

fun

This was fun and educational. The people who worked there were very helpful and customer oriented. I'd recommend the to anyone. Very good place to work.

fun workplace

It was a fast-paced but fun environment. I meant new great people. I would say the hardest part of this job is you have to be willing to learn new job positions right away when they are low staff. You had to always be on your toes. The management was really good they were always a boss or supervisor when your working. They always help you move up in the job if your willing to do the work. I remember I got the offer to become a supervisor within four months of working, I just could not take the offer sadly. I was in school and it would interfere.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

part-time job

Good

The cafe's kitchen was very large, and had a lot of commotion. Because the menu was so large, a lot of help was needed, not just Baristas. There were food runners, servers, and expos. Everyone did their part and more. If I was running food, I would never hesitate to help a customer dinning in with a question or service. People enjoyed the pace of the morning shifts, and their hefty tips. The owner is very positive.

Pros

free lunch, tips

Cons

no breaks, bad scheduling app

Fun place to work, held open mic nights

Waited on patrons. Was able to perform my tasks in a timely manner. It was a fast-paced environment and I enjoyed our customers.

Pros

Free food and coffee

Cons

seasonal

I thoroughly enjoyed working for the owner and all of my co-workers

My only reasons for leaving Cafe Eclectic were I needed full-time work and also a higher salary with benefits. During my time there, I became aware of small things throughout the restaurant that needed to be done. (light bulb change, tidy up outdoor patio dining area, cleaning glass windows, plant seasonal flowers outside, daily delivery orders to satellite locations, and many more.

Pros

Courteous and Supportive Management Staff

Cons

Full-time work not available.

Common questions about Café Eclectic

Answered by current and former employees at Café Eclectic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Café Eclectic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits