Cafe Rio Mexican Grill
65Average

Cafe Rio Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA23 reviews
The management was something to get used to. Most of the managers are Spanish speaking with little to no English which made it hard for communication
The language and young managers made it very difficult to work. The hours were great especially with the amount of work the pay is fair. Unfortunately if you don't have Spanish speaking skills you won't get very far in this particular store
I like it
Everyone needs to like their job, the only reason why I didn’t put 5 stars is because the employees stress me out fighting and complaining about each other all the time. I’m a general manager so my bosses are good people but stress me out too, Ofcourse their really fake but every where they are like that. I like the bonus and the free trip to Hawaii every year plus one. They should pay more an hour because of the amount of stress and over work we have
Smile everyday
Working at cafe rio is hard but there will be people helping you if u fall behind and there will be a lot to remember when u start working. The most important things are to work hard and fast
So much work
I work so much and only made 10$ an hour it’s not fair. The customer are mean and annoying. My co-worker and manager are decent they r good to work with except then that everything sucks about working here!!!
Pros
Free foods, discounts
Cons
Too much work less pay
Terrible management
The management at Cafe Rio is awful, they turn a blind eye to under age drinking and illegal drugs being used INSIDE the store, there is drug addiction in almost every person i was working with.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great place to learn how to build team leadership and learn skills to further advance in your career
I guess it all depends on your mentor, but for the most part, I was happy to have been part of the company. I learned a lot during my time at Cafe Rio, and carried with me knowledge and skills to further my career in the industry. It takes patience, an urgency to get things done, communication and coordination with your staff, and the know-how to create an environment where your staff and customers can enjoy their time.
Pros
Good benefits, competitive pay, 401k, PTO and Hawaii!!
Cons
It is a high-demanding job, but if you can set the proper environment and expectations for your staff, you will succeed!
productive and fast paced
being a cashier means you have to have good time management skills working at cafe rio. your job is to run every customers foods including to go orders. you had to clean the whole lobby. it was fun if you knew what to do, and in this case i knew exactly what to do.
Pros
fast paced. nice customers. great co-workers. delicious food. free lunch on break.
Cons
cleaning the bathroom. doing roll-ups.
Okay place to work if you're in management or a teenager/student
I liked working here while I was in high school because it was simple, fun for me to work in a fast paced environment, and I learned valuable skills as it was my first food service job. The manager I had was really unhelpful and rude, but sometimes we'd have a regional manager come in who was great! The hardest thing was multitasking during rushes, I had to be keeping floor clean and stocked, answering phones, and checking out customers when the line was out the door. My café rio was particularly busy and understaffed. It's a good job for a student I'd say.
Pros
Free meal
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cafe Rio Mexican Grill?
Terrible place to work
Not a pleasant place to work, long hours, not recommended for an experience manager, not a good leadership, very unprofessional people and bad leadership.
i VERY much enjoyed working at Cafe Rio. My co-works love working as a team and there was no Animosity between co-workers. The managers treated everyone the same. They make you feel at HOME at on the job.
Very stressful
While working at cafe rio it was very stressful i feel like they over worn you at times and are understaffed . Also very hard to get out at desired time
Cafe Rio Experience
Cafe Rio was my first job working in a restaurant and it was an overall great experience. By learning how food was prepared and gaining insight as to what happens behind in the kitchen, I grew in my appreciation for hardworking chiefs and line cooks who cook every single day for hours to help prepare the food.
Productive and fun workplace
I learned how to work with different people from different background. I also learned how to work in a fast paced environment and get the job done efficiently.
Really depends on your coworkers and managers - work is demanding but fair
A typical day at work consisted of preparing the food for about 2-3 hours early in the day and serving people in the afternoon, or arriving in the evening and closing up the store.

I learned how to manage my time very quickly, minimizing unnecessary movement.

Management in my location was fine, relatively well organized but that can differ per location.

Workplace culture in my location was relatively close knit, but again that can differ per location.

Hardest part of the job consisted of preparing the food on time in the morning and serving people rapidly during peak hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is at closing, as it is relatively relaxed so coworkers can converse at leisure.
Pros
Free lunch and can take home left over food) depending on manager
Cons
Very demanding prep times and stressful during peak hours
Fun workplace
It’s a very fast-paced fun working environment. Managers always willing to go out of their way to help customers and make them feel comfortable. Never a dull moment at cafe rio.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Difficult career advancement
unbarable
this job is unbearable people understand that cafe rio dont care how many challenges you go through just run your shift and cafe rio as a whole dont value you as a worker at all
Always busy with multiple things to keep you occupied.
Cafe Rio Mexican Grill is the friendliest place i have worked.I work with many of my family members. Even my co-workers that are not close family, are still treated like family. everyone come's together and has a great time.All my bosses are friendly but still let you know what is needed to be done.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work hours
Best of Mexican Grill!
Working at cafe rio was an awesome experience. I was truly surprised and very satisfied about how healthy and clean this restaurant is. It was a highly motivating environment where cleanliness, good costumer service and excellent food was our priority (Which the entire team worked very hard to live up to).
Pros
Learning how to make some good food is always a pro!
Cons
As a college student living alone, cafe rio did not pay me enough for me to live a comfortable life.
Love to help others
I'm responsible and happy. I love to work and communicate with people.. love to help others who need help. I can speak and write Spanish or English.
Fast food restaurant
everything is in a fast pace but it easy to catch up. everyone treats each other like family. In cafe rio, you learn to do little about everything because we work as a team and we also love to have a great customer service.
fun
great environment to work in, be prepared to sing as well as step outside of your comfort zone. Be sure to try all the food because customers will ask for your opinion on certain dishes.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Rio Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight