Cafe Valley Bakery Employee Reviews

It was a job
Line Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 26, 2018
Poor management and to many people telling you to many different things to do and not doing it the same all the time and not a very clean facility to be running food
Cons
Poor management
so so
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2018
it was a very damanding job for the low payment iit was hard after 2 weeks see how low was my paiment dindt feel happy with what i was making i needed something else
Discounts on Cafe Valley Products
General Production/Muffin Packer (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 14, 2018
The job I do at Café Valley is good and I get to work with a lot of good people and management is awesome there also. Plus we get really big discounts on Muffins, Cakes, and other café valley snacks.
Pros
Discount on there Products, People I work with and Management
Cons
Health Care is exspensive
Poor management
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 9, 2018
I did not like working at cafe valley due to the fact there were no benefits, there was very poor management there and there was a lot of drug use by supervisors and they were open about it and no actions were taken against them.
Nothing is hard bout this job
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 9, 2018
The job is really easy you do nothing all day except pack muffins and ship them out. Same as cakes and croissants. Change labels clean up take the trash waste and cardboard back.
Pros
Cons
Rude supervisors and line leads
production and packaging can be fun but also challenging
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
typical day at work would be if the machines did not go down and everything was packaged and produced accordingly

what I learned was that everyday things can go wrong when the machines break but also everyday things can go smoothly if all goes well

management in most part is helpful, and show concerns about your learning the area as quickly as possible since everything is very fast paced

workflow culture. this is a bakery so everything is always has the concept to make the product look and taste good for the client.

hardest part of the job is sometimes you are overwhelmed when things go wrong with the line and you have to stay longer thant 8 hrs of your shift and you have things planned and you are required to stay on the line.

most enjoyable part of the job is that its is a challenge on a daily basis and sometimes you have good working friends that help make the time go buy and work together as a team.
Pros
that in most cases the line worked good with out too many breakdown issues
Cons
when your lunch is taken very early from that start of shift, due to machine are down
ambiente de trabajo normal
Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
el ambiente del trabajo es muy normal dependiendo de la forma de cada persona y como lo vea almeno de mi punto de vista es muy normal
Only care production number and non people.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2018
There is no team work on this place, they ask to much and little or zero manager support.
They don't care about people needs or plans during weekdays, if they have a new production order they call to work at last moment.
Pros
third shift very relax and easy job
Cons
provide insurance benefits
Easy income
Team member packing (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 15, 2018
Team packing, not much to do, is very boring at times. Some people have been there for years and are only making minimum wage. Constant schedule changes are always happening, and sometimes not getting enough hours.
Pros
Co workers are amazing
Cons
no raises, constant schedule changes
They are not willing to give raises
Employee (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 19, 2018
I worked for this place for 6 months, when I first hired in they were changing their raise policy. We were just informed now that we won't get a raise until our year anniversary and only if we meet their criteria,which changes on a daily basis. Then if we bid on a higher paying job, that pay is not guaranteed, once again you have to meet their criteria. They are going to offer a "care closet" for employees in need of clothing, shoes, school supplies etc. How about you pay your employees a decent wage to where they won't need a "care closet"!
Pros
Barely helped pay bills
Cons
Poor wages, no raises, policies change daily, poor management.

Want to know more about Cafe Valley Bakery?

Ask a question
its an experience you wont forget
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2018
Learn a lot about how a warehouse works but the hours and the pay didn't add up they work you very hard and expect you to not complain about the unfair treatment
Cons
pay sucks
no review
worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2018
there is not much to say. its a manufacturing facility at its best. people have work to come to. there are saddly no frills but it does pay. not much else to say.
Was a nice place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 21, 2018
I feel that cafe valley was a great job! I only disagreed with they wouldn't work with my schedule and for that I lost my job with them. If they will be willing to work with people they would have less of a turn over rate! Otherwise very nice place to work and very enjoyable environment.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Not schedule friendly
Okaaay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2018
It was good working there at first, until i started seeing that I was getting paid less than the hispanics. Im not racist but we all worked the same hours but yet i eas making less money
It was a job
Muffin Line (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 15, 2018
It was easy repetitive work but not much structure in the administration. hours are unclear, but they did work well and flexible with the temp service.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
through a temp service
Productive but also Unproductive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 6, 2017
People worked hard but a lot of people would slack and mess up the line. Half the time when you ask a lead a question, she points you to the supervisor. Sometimes after that the supervisor would point back to the lead. Leaving me confused on the question at hand.
Pros
pay days off
Cons
couldn't leave on break
Constant management change
R&D Manager - product development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2017
I had multiple manager changes during my tenure, the last was not supportive and extremely difficult to get along with.There fore I searched for a new position.
To many chiefs not enough indians
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 19, 2017
Poorly ran worried about belts not all product they waste stupid place supervisors are lazy do nothing at all and answer to five ppl all say different things
Pros
Breaks
Not realy a bad job
Cake line (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 29, 2017
I should of let the job grow a little more be for I joined this job. They were try to do so much as in little time that they let go of the hole 3s but I would love to work here again.
Quick paced job , well organized, friendly environment
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
This job is overall well organized, boss is friendly but can be rude at times. Production depends on everyone, friendly environment. They offer a fair raise.
Pros
Good hours, well paid
Cons
Short break