Cafe Valley Bakery Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They are not willing to give raises
Employee (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 19, 2018
I worked for this place for 6 months, when I first hired in they were changing their raise policy. We were just informed now that we won't get a raise until our year anniversary and only if we meet their criteria,which changes on a daily basis. Then if we bid on a higher paying job, that pay is not guaranteed, once again you have to meet their criteria. They are going to offer a "care closet" for employees in need of clothing, shoes, school supplies etc. How about you pay your employees a decent wage to where they won't need a "care closet"!
Pros
Barely helped pay bills
Cons
Poor wages, no raises, policies change daily, poor management.
its an experience you wont forget
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2018
Learn a lot about how a warehouse works but the hours and the pay didn't add up they work you very hard and expect you to not complain about the unfair treatment
Cons
pay sucks
Was a nice place to work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 21, 2018
I feel that cafe valley was a great job! I only disagreed with they wouldn't work with my schedule and for that I lost my job with them. If they will be willing to work with people they would have less of a turn over rate! Otherwise very nice place to work and very enjoyable environment.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Not schedule friendly
Okaaay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2018
It was good working there at first, until i started seeing that I was getting paid less than the hispanics. Im not racist but we all worked the same hours but yet i eas making less money
It was a job
Muffin Line (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 15, 2018
It was easy repetitive work but not much structure in the administration. hours are unclear, but they did work well and flexible with the temp service.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
through a temp service
Productive but also Unproductive
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 6, 2017
People worked hard but a lot of people would slack and mess up the line. Half the time when you ask a lead a question, she points you to the supervisor. Sometimes after that the supervisor would point back to the lead. Leaving me confused on the question at hand.
Pros
pay days off
Cons
couldn't leave on break
Constant management change
R&D Manager - product development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2017
I had multiple manager changes during my tenure, the last was not supportive and extremely difficult to get along with.There fore I searched for a new position.
To many chiefs not enough indians
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INOctober 19, 2017
Poorly ran worried about belts not all product they waste stupid place supervisors are lazy do nothing at all and answer to five ppl all say different things
Pros
Breaks
Not realy a bad job
Cake line (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 29, 2017
I should of let the job grow a little more be for I joined this job. They were try to do so much as in little time that they let go of the hole 3s but I would love to work here again.
Quick paced job , well organized, friendly environment
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2017
This job is overall well organized, boss is friendly but can be rude at times. Production depends on everyone, friendly environment. They offer a fair raise.
Pros
Good hours, well paid
Cons
Short break
The job was pretty fun .
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 14, 2017
Typical working at Cafe Valley was good, I enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was alright. The hardest part of the job would have to be muffin line. The most enjoyable part of the job was cake line.
Great place to make quick money while also enjoying your work environment, an co-workers.
Head palletizer (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJune 6, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working at Cafe Valley. It has it's ups and downs but at the end of the day it's a job. An it is Farley easy as long as you stand on your feet for a long period of time.
Pros
Free cakes, muffins, an crossisants
Cons
Communication is some times not the best
Great company
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2017
It's a great company to work with, very friendly people. You can experience new things and make new friends. You do have to stand for about eight to twelve hours but is easy if your used to something like that.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Healthcare, short breaks
good job just problems
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 1, 2017
the job is a great job to work for just some of the stuff that is involved in the payroll is a little iffy i enjoyed working there is it wasnt for the pay being so messed up i would still be there
a good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2017
it was fun working there ive learner new things every day and also had some of the most friendliest people there as well and also a very clean place to work in
Pros
great comunication skills
Cons
not enough breaks
A great company to work for very friendly, very clean, & very organized.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
I was young, & all the older people loved me because I always nice, helping, & always kept a smile on my face. I hardly ever got any rude customers. This was by far the best place to work for.
A good starting job
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 7, 2017
Over the time that I have worked at Café Valley I learned about GMPs and what it stood for. The plant manager makes sure that all rules and regulations are followed. As for a typical work day everything normally runs smooth. Every day the job changes such as one day I could catch cakes or the next I'm packing them in a box ready to be shipped to the receiver. Although I find the people the most enjoyable part during the work day certain thing are left to be desired. I'm not a big fan of making boxes on the line it seems to be the most tiring of all the jobs.
Pros
Getting to sample the product
Cons
Not many chances to move up in the work feild
An ok place to work but need to work with employees a little more with time off to deal with children and personal issues.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 17, 2016
I like Cafe Valley except for they are not very helpful with single parents and needing time off to enroll children and or doctors appointment but other then that it's a nice fast paced environment to work.
Pros
Pays good, overtime if you want it
Cons
No free anything, need longer breaks when working more than 8 hours, don't work with you on days off
a company undergoing changes and trying to refocus
CFO (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2016
the company is in a forced downsizing mode, trying to cut overhead costs and develop ways to improve the manufacturing process
Pros
many opportunities to deal with change
Cons
poor systems and a dysfunctional manufacturing environment
Horrible place to work.
MIXER UTILITY (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 9, 2015
This place is horrible. It is a mess and ran by people who are a mess. I left there after for a couple months. In my time there I only got 40 hours maybe three times. Don't waste your time there.
Pros
Probably the free cakes
Cons
Management.