Cafe Valley Employee Reviews

unsatisfactory
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 27, 2018
horrible place to work. I would not go back to this place for anything. Huge turnover rate. They do not treat employees with respect so therefore they can not keep anyone.
Wouldn't recommend anyone work for this company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJuly 24, 2018
Pay is minuscule with little oppurtunity for raises. It's all repetitive work that will get boring for anyone. The position I worked I was forgotten about half the time when it came time for breaks and lunch.
A job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 7, 2018
The work is relatively easy, and most of the time had a friendly atmosphere. The management needs much improvement. I seen a lot of Power trips going on there. Café Valley in Marion Indiana needs to get better organized. They do offer employee discount on their goods. The cakes are delicious!
Pros
Employee discount on baked goods.
Cons
Poor management.
I felt weird.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
Overall, I felt weird in this company. I am sure that you have to be more than prepared to be working here because of incidents etc. I actually just tried my best of my abilities.
Fast-paced with friendly people and good friend
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMarch 29, 2018
A typical day at the Cafe Valley starts in the morning about 6AM.
My colleagues and I start off with prepping our work station, on the line we have to make sure there is containers to pack the muffins in also we will be placing foot mats. After that folding boxes, while we wait for muffins to come from the cooler. I learned that I can do well under fast pace positions. Management was very considerate to their employees. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time we were getting out of the place, because since it's raw product there is no telling what will happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company was very pleasant. There would be some times that they would bring us take-out food just because we met the standards and numbers for that month.
Pros
Management, close location to home
Cons
old machines
fun and you got to meet cool people
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marion, INNovember 8, 2017
it was a good place to get some experience in working on big machines but not a place to stay more than two years because of lack of opportunity for advancement
Nice train but no conductor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
Production planning is the worst, you pretty much don't know what you are going to produce till the last minute.
Everything is closed doors, management meets every day and talk about how to reduce cost and tell no one till its time to let you go, they really don't care if you have a family to feed, this company is all about making the most profit and really doesn't care of turn over of employees.
Pros
Outlet store on site
Cons
Health care plan too expensive.
kept busy and entertained
Mixer for cake production (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
I have never worked in a baking industry before, I had different stations that I would go to and I kept super busy and learned a lot in that environment
work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
=pretty straight forward work. honestly the 13 hours a day was a killer but at the same time i enjoyed my time there. was a lovely place to work at...
high turn over
Croissant Packing (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 25, 2017
The Marion location is a newer facility. When I was an employee there they still needed to get things organized. The facility could use a smoke shack or shelter so smokers are not exposed to the outside elements. The bakery is on sight and as an employee you get a discount. The products that are made there are very tasty!
Pros
employee discount on bakery items
Cons
no shelter for smokers you are exposed to the elements

Want to know more about Cafe Valley?

Ask a question
Easy
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 24, 2017
All of the jobs at this facility are easy to complete. The pay could be better for the number of hours that an employee works per hour. It is a clean environment to work in.
Pros
40 percent off of baked goods in store
managers are lame
Palletizer, Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043April 22, 2017
If you get along with the managers, it doesn't matter if you drink alcohol during work, if you start yelling at women, if you throw boxes, if you always come late, if you take 1 hour long breaks, if you sell drugs, if you threaten to kill people, if you get fired, etc. you will be given the chance to return to work. However, if you work your butt off, if you help people who are not even from the same station as you, if you do more than most mangers, etc. you will not get a raise and they'll tell you they don't need you.
Rigorous, enjoyable, long days
Packer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work consists of, constant lifting/stacking boxes
The hardest part of my job is the constant hard labor
The thing I like most about my job is how easy the work is.
The workplace environment is easy going.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working alone
Everybody complains and is very lazy
Baker (Current Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 2, 2016
Lazy workers work there why get a job at a factory when you cant handle it? Im 18 and i sure as heck aint gonna quit my job because its "too hard"? If you got kids and if you think this job is sooooooo hard and you quit you sure dont care enough about your babies.
Worst Job Ever
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 17, 2016
I wish I never went to this place, truly I really mean that. Worse Job I've ever had. Even over fast food jobs.. Where to start.. Management doesn't care about you, if you have an actual concern it goes in one ear out the other. More worried about number than anything else. Few times I saw someone give a care. Would keep you past time to get off without notice. When you'd ask (because of that reason) what time we'd be getting out to get a hold of sitter etc, "when we're done". Never got a straight answer, or an honest answer. Constantly went down, for maintenance issues. Numerous times that mold was found, even after cleaning. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, EVER.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Terrible work atmosphere created by supervisor
mechanic/electrician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 20, 2016
Cafe Valley made the same mistake I see MANY companies make in that they put ex-military people in management positions, I guess believing that the military builds character, leaders....that MAY have been true in our parents' day but I have yet to meet one of these ex-military men that wasn't an immature, dare-I-say-it, BULLY. I don't think these managers are evaluated or monitored so their egos are free to run amuck: Cafe Valley's bully-manager was a racist, to boot...I had no choice but to quit the job after he singled me out for abvuse!.
Good Job
Cake Pkg. (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 29, 2016
It was an okay job, But some of the co-workers were lazy, complaining, incompetent. Some of the others were friendly, kind, understanding, great co-workers.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Short Breaks.
great coworkers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2015
My job in Cafe valley was quit hard but I was good at what I did. My coworkers were very friendly and so was the management. My job was very time consuming but I had fun with it.
Poor Management
Benefits/Payroll Administrator/HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Marion, INAugust 17, 2015
Poor communication, total disarray among upper management.

The associates were a great asset but turnover was extremely high

and hard to replace as Marion is not an unlimited pool
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of teamwork
cafey valley bakery
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  67th buckeyeJuly 16, 2015
some days at work we wouldn't complete our 8 hours, and some days we wont work at all. At work i learned how to flip doe into a running machine and how to lay out chocolate on the doe and how to roll and fold the corssant and how to manage the proof box area and putting hot trays in a running machine.
my co workers are also good workers but some would get tired doing everything and would stick to doing one things. the hardest part of the job is being every where at all time of the day.
Pros
they don't pay for your 30 min at lunch
Cons
30 min lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Valley. Our community is ready to answer.

Cafe Valley Reviews by Location