Cafe Zupas
67Average

Cafe Zupas Employee Reviews

United States603 reviews
Flexable working hours with a happy work enviornemt.
Everyone here for the most part is very supportive and kind. The work ethic and general care for their employees is one of the best I have ever seen and I genuinely enjoy working here.
My Most Favorite Job
I was the catering manager at Arizona's busiest store. It was incredibly fast-paced and stressful but also a rewarding experience, and I'll never forget everything it has taught me. The job had the perfect balance of physical work and computer work that you'd be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. An eye for detail, computer literacy, great people skills, and a sense of urgency are absolutely required. You get to interact with your clients on a regular basis and build working relationships, which can be super rewarding.

Management truly cares about you as a person and wants you to succeed. I never felt like a cog in the machine, I felt like I mattered and that my concerns were listened to and taken to heart. Upper management would often sit down with me one-on-one to check in with me and see how everything is going. The company is small enough to where it is relatively easy to move up, as long as you have the smarts and determination to get the job done.

The work culture was very fun and familial. Everyone had each other's backs and wanted each other to succeed. If you worked hard and were good at it, it would not go unnoticed.

Unfortunately, I had to relocate to an area where there are no Cafe Zupas locations. But if they do ever open any stores in the northeast, I'll be the first to apply!
Do not work here
The store is going bankrupt in Columbus Ohio. Cutting hours. Terrible upper management. They live in Minnesota which is impossible to be a good leader from that far. They hire incompetent workers. They expect a lot without pay. Mess up people checks . Threaten workers just overall bad. No movement In leadership
It's a job
Hard to trust them. Never gives raises but does promote to more responsibilitys with no benefits. You will get lied to by anyone even the owners about everything
Fun, fast-paced environment
When I worked at Zupas, the management worked so hard to help us all feel like a family. Morale was always high, all of my co-workers and managers were helpful to each other, and we always had fun while working hard. It gets to be pretty busy, especially weekend evenings, but because we were all well trained everything went smoothly most of the time. I loved my time there!
50% off food
Management is always there to help you if you need a thing. They are willing to work with your schedule. They are willing to give you the days off that you need if they are able to give them to you. People are willing to change or cover shifts if you need it.
Worst company to work for.
I am completely ashamed and embarrassed that I spent my years working for this company. Now I feel so free and happy to be starting a new chapter of life.
A place for kids to work
Basically they lied about how much they would be paying, to the job description. Everything was misleading, plus horrible employee discount would not recommend
Cons
short breaks, bad management
Awful pay for women, awful treatment
I worked there for nearly 10 months. During that time I only got one 30 cent raise and that was only because the manager was giving a raise to some boy who had started 1 month later than me. I had to watch everyone else get credit and praised while I didn’t. Boys thrive at this company but if you’re a female you can expect to be worked like a dog for less than 9.50. If you work doubles every day you will still not be promoted to shift lead. The harassment from costumers when you have tattoos or don’t smile enough is completely disrespectful. The staff is privileged teenagers and the costumers are entitled.
Amazing place to work
I loved working for Cafe Zupas. The environment was so much fun, I had a great time being there.

I learned a lot about working with people to complete a task. Working together as a team and being efficient is crucial to get the food down the line.

Being with the customers and employees was by far the best part of the job.
Great Place to Work
I really love my job at Cafe Zupas. I just need to move on to the next thing but I love working here and the team I work with. I have learned many differnt skills while at this job that will help me in the future.
Not What I Expected
When I lost my job as a delivery driver, one of the last things I wanted to do was go back into food service or fast food work. Given that I needed a job, I decided to give Cafe Zupas a shot. I was surprised at how much I found myself enjoying the work. Now, mind you, it's still food service, but it's not as high pressure as other places I've worked at. I can't really find anything bad about working here. It's not a perfect fit for me, but I could possibly see myself making this work out, medium to long term.
My experience working at cafe zupas
Great place to work clean environment there’s A lot to learn get treat nice and appropriated feel very lilttle on pleasure and some i actually want to be at work
Zupas is fresh
I enjoy working at cafe zupas mostly because of the environment built by my op and coworkers and enjoy coming into work every day. Zupas is one of the only companies that I’ve truly enjoyed working for.
Productive, over worked environemnt
They give you really bad hours and the shifts look like this, 11:45 to 5, or 11:45 to 9:30. and if you don't have a doctors note when calling in sick you get written up. Many of the managers there don't treat team members with respect, there was a mass quit one time because of this where 5 of the night shift members left.
Pros
50 percent off meals
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Love my job!
Cafe zupas has been a great place to work. I’ve worked here for years. I love the environment and the people. They have so many great opportunities to progress in the company as well. I love my job!
Best job ever
A typical day at Cafe Zupas. It is a lot of fun. The thing I love the most is the relationships I have. Every single day when I walk into work I get greeted by everyone. It’s so welcoming and inviting. I have definitely learned a lot of management skills and continue learning and growing every single day.
Positive atmosphere
The best part about working at zupas is how you feel like a team. The managers are involved and it seems like most people actually enjoy their jobs. I dont experience people complaining very much which is nice. Zupas is all about having a good attitude and a lot of people do here.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Cafe Zupas prides themselves on their focus to grow their staff; not only in their work ethic, but their own personal lives as well. They develope people to be leaders. They look for those who inspire others, and they put care into making them into people to be followed. Cafe Zupas exhibits this philosophy with pride and it shows. It shows this in the food, atmosphere, and leadership that we see in each location. They promote positive energy that is used to fuel this system. There is no wonder why in only 16 years they have grown themselves to 58 locations across the U.S. It is, to put it simply, a wonderful place to work.
Fun work environment
zupas is a super inviting and fun environment and i never dread going to work like it’s just a daily thing that i wouldnt mind doing and on top of that i get money to work. I also like how there’s a lot of room for improvement and opportunities for raises.
Stressful at times but I've learned a lot working for the company
I really like working in the kitchen so working for Cafe Zupas was fun for me. It was stressful during peak hours but after that, it really wasn't that bad. They are very strict though especially with how they wanted us to present ourselves to the guests - no tattoos, no piercings (except the ears), no crazy colored hairs, etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cafe Zupas. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight