CAFEPRESS Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced but fun environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2018
Great team to work with, supervisors were amazing. i unfortunately was under a temp position but would have loved to make it permanent. different shifts to work with everyones needs.
Pros
great people
Cons
temp
Once an Industry Leader, Now Struggling to Catch Up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 7, 2018
This company literally invented the idea of selling custom-printed t-shirts via the Internet. Now, the stock is only a few cents away from being de-listed from NASDAQ. The main issue is that upper management keep rushing from short-term strategy to short-term strategy. This may bring cash right away, but in the long term, the company ends up crippled by years of failed legacy projects and spaghetti code that hinders development and makes the website difficult for customers to use. The CEO is also currently serving as the head of technology AND the head of merchandising. That's fine for a startup, but not for a company that's been in business nearly 20 years.
Pros
Dedicated people, close-knit culture, free snacks at headquarters
Cons
lack of long-term vision, falling stock/profits, no funds for improvement, decades of bad legacy code/apps
Easy climate controlled envirement no set annual pay increase
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2018
Easy climate controlled job but needs help in the payroll department has healthcare including dental,vision, and life insurance. 401k, 2 paid weeks off a year. 3 out of 5 stars. Hardest part of the job is standing on the concrete floors the whole shift.
Pros
Climate controlled, easy
Cons
Bad pay
Fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for them is a really good place to be hands on with everything an I would love to go back and work there the job is a really nice place to learn new things
Casual, flexible, and fun workplace
Support (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 20, 2017
Want to work in a casual, flexible, and fun work environment where you will learn a lot? CafePress is the place for you. We work hard and play hard. The hardest part of the job is learning how to keep up with the changes in ecommerce and Google's algo.
Pros
Free cafe, cookie days, casual dress, Nerf gun fights on a daily
Cons
Stressful company performance
Picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 10, 2017
Good environment. Good pay. Long hours during peek season. Friendly people. Nice facility. Not exactly back breaking work which is good. Would highly recommend
Great PTO & Work/Life Balance Not Great for Women or Advancement
Manager, IT Services (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2017
Unlimited PTO is great. The atmosphere is very laid back. Women do not thrive. Executive leadership does not buy into career development. They are not forward thinking either.
Pros
Free food & unlimited PTO
Cons
Clique like mentality & not good for women
Fun place to work with great people
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2017
This is one of the best places I have ever worked. Management really cares about you and your family life. They will work with you to make sure you have all the training you need to complete daily task.
Pros
free lunches, discounted items, pto, and loving staff
Cons
healthcare
Fun place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2017
Picking and packing Warehouse where you press stuff on items. Press items on shirts coffee mugs pens box up items to get shipped out, used machines to process items.
It was a valuable and rewarding experience working at Cafepress
Content Usage Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2017
It was a good experience working at Cafepress. The management is very friendly and always open to helping you achieve your goals. I'd recommend this company to anyone seeking a challenging and rewarding career.
Pros
Occasional Free food.
Cons
Some areas of the job can get tedious.
ok place to work
Special Orders Coordinator/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 12, 2017
If you love working a lot a days in a row without a day off then this is the place for you, but only during peak season.There are lot of perks to working here like discounted and free merchandise from time to time. When its not peak season you may not get 40 hours a week so make sure you put up some of that overtime money you will make between November and February.
Pros
free lunch during peak season, frequent breaks, and free merchandise
Cons
long hours, few days off during peak season
fun workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2017
cafe press is long hours and great pay and you will have alot of motavated people around you so it makes those long hours not feel so bad and it makes time fly before you know it you look at the clock and you just worked 10 hours
No money no career.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
I did like this job in the beginning we would get free lunches and gift cards for getting big orders out on time, there was no room for advancement if you were a lead don't depend on that position,most likely you would be demoted back. The people were ok to work with didn't have too many issues with that. The pay is what I have a problem with, I worked there for almost nine years started out as a temp making nine an hour got hire in three months went up to eleven per hour, after nine years I was making twelve an hour!! Every time I asked for a raise they would have an excuse, I do feel stupid for staying so long with little pay. I know they are not doing too good now but have money to build a new multi million dollar headquarters in Louisville. And I do believe if they can afford a new headquarters , they can afford to increase their employees pay!!
Pros
Free food sometimes.
Cons
No pay increase!
A good stepping stone
Seasonal Assembler/Screen Printer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 15, 2017
I worked during their peek season fulfilling orders. I made refrigerator magnets for 3 weeks, then I went into picking and later ran a printing machine making shirts
Pros
Make quick money
Cons
ALOT of hours
Fresh and Fun
Professional Staff (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2017
CafePress is a fresh, fun place to work. There are lots of opportunities to contribute. It's a great place to start a career or have the opportunity to take your next career step.
Pros
Casual atmosphere and flexible work environment
Fun, friendly, cool job
Press Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
Fun. Laid back. Friendly people. Easy job. Catch on quick. Flexible hours. Pick/ pack, shipping/receiving. Machine operator. Press machine, press logos on tshirts, sweatshirts, mugs, hats, socks, underwear, backpacks. Any logo that you want.
Great team to work with, amazing management
Manufacturing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 2, 2017
My only regret was not taking their full-time offer after ending the seasonal position! All of management were incredible and you could tell everyone cared about their job, making the work place safe and fun, and truly wanted to help and take care of company customers.
Pros
free lunches, kind staff, safe environment
Exciting place to work
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I loved the print on demand idea that started this company.
I felt good about my roll in this company stopping as much fraud as possible.
When I caught a fraudsters, especially a really tricky one, well that was very exciting.
Hardest part was trying not to bother customers with good/legitimate orders.
The culture was fun with a lot of highly intelligent people. I was proud to be part of it. The Human Resources team was one of the best I had ever worked with. I will miss CafePress.
Cafepress
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 9, 2017
Temporary job that ended earlier than expected due to the staffing agency hiring way too many people in the weeks before Christmas. Lost December bonus because of this.
CafePress Needs More
GM (Former Employee) –  Atlanta and PhoenixJanuary 5, 2017
It was a strange mix of very good smart people and very political people. With budgetary constraints it was challenging to get anything done.

Great exposure to top brands like Target and Sony though.
Pros
Exposure to large brands
Cons
Political