Cahuilla Casino Employee Reviews

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Anza, CASeptember 2, 2018
A typical day was very busy, running from the minute you got there till the time you left, which was a 12 to 14 hour day. I was on call 24-7. The hardest part of the job was the time spent to and from and the day there, I never saw my family.
Great Executive Team
Back of the house (Current Employee) –  Anza, CAAugust 2, 2018
Over the years since I have been here, the executive team is the best it has been. Easy going, hardworking individuals that make the workplace enjoyable. For myself personally, I am able to learn and advance. I have been promoted several times in under the 4 years that I have been here so I am a testament that there is certainly room for advancement. I have also seen plenty others here start off in floor positions and be promoted to supervisor and management positions. What I enjoy the most is the environment is easygoing and those I work with are real team players. If you are a hard worker, don't mind a scenic route to work and you are a team player, Cahuilla is the place for you.
Pros
Annual employee incentive in Dec, benefits, teamwork environment, room for growth.
Tough environment
Officer (Current Employee) –  Anza, CAJuly 14, 2018
Working at Cahuilla Casino Has been a tough ongoing experience. There is not much room for advancement and the Management is difficult. I do not prefer to work here however I don't have much options because of my physical location. It is close to home. That is the main reason why most employees work here.
Pros
Discounts on Gas and food. Anual Christmas party. PTO acrual.
Cons
Difficult Management. Heat. No room for promotion or advancement.
Bartender/ server
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Anza, CAMarch 18, 2018
It's a great place to work. You will need to work hard. It is all worth the hard work in a small town, and loving community the regular guests and future guests make the work load easy.
Pros
Awesome regular guests and community
Cons
All tips are taxed weekly, and deducted.
no management support
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Anza, CADecember 14, 2017
There was no way for advancement although i was there 2 years with an excellent work record. Management didn't support the finance department when dealing with other departments.
Friendly employees taking care of guests.
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Anza, CADecember 9, 2017
Being in charge of running the kitchen, lounge and restaurant, I found it very rewarding and challenging.
I worked very closely with the accounting staff conducting inventories and food, beverage and labor cost controls.
Pros
Knowing that our guests left happier than they were when they were they came in.
Cons
No breaks and employees calling in sick.
not a good management
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAAugust 16, 2017
it is not well-established company although it has been in the market for over 20 years. Also, it is not a good location so that they can not attract customer outside the area.
Pros
open 24 hours
Cons
work for 24 hours
Cahuilla Casino
Director of Slot Operations (Current Employee) –  SlotsAugust 9, 2017
Typical day at work would consist of challenges and opportunities to grow the business. The tribe is great and a pleasure to work for. You feel appreciated and respected.
Pros
Tribe, Opportunity
Cons
Drive
Employee incentives and fun place to work
Slot Host (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAJuly 10, 2017
Ability to work at your own pace, with the exception that work is completed and customers are satisfied. Management is minimal during graveyard shifts. They do have a lot of employee incentives, but recognition would have been better.
Cons
High employee turn over rate
Great Place to Work
Department of Public Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Anza, CAMarch 20, 2017
Cahuilla is a small close knit casino with Low Stress and a happy environment. The Management is friendly and easy to work for. Cahuilla Casino is a great place to work if you have never worked in a Casino before and want to learn entry level skills.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Bit of a drive to work.
It is ran very average
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Anza Valley, CAJune 12, 2016
Unless you live in Anza you are treated like an outsider by your fellow employees the managers have no control over their personnel and are afraid to speak up to somebody that needs to be put in check. As a new employee I was treated very bad by the girls that I work with and then they are so short-handed you are expected to work 60 plus hours a week different shifts which takes a toll on your body and family life.
Pros
It was a pretty Drive
Cons
Managers need to learn how to manage to keep the turnover low
Small Casino, Big Confussion
Slots (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAMay 23, 2016
Unless your a local its not worth the drive, you will spend more on gas and the time away from home, and if you ARE a local/native your a suspect!
If you are looking to enter the casino industry however this is probably a good start, as long as your customer service skills can handle four people a day. Actually dont worry about customers, or servicing them, you wouldnt want to stand out.
Job Security, is like a revolving door and management much like other casinos is like a good ole boys club.
Gave this place years of my life in which i would like to get back.
Pros
No experience necessary
Disfunctional
Cash Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anza, CANovember 9, 2015
I was hired on here, then after some time of working here, I was embarrassed to be a part of this company. Management created problems for the employees by not allowing employees to pay Jackpot winnings to patrons. There was No management on Graveyard shifts, so when there was a Jackpot, we had to call management and wait for them to drive an hour and a half or longer to get to the Casino to pay angry patrons. Terrible place to work!!!
Pros
Meeting customers
Cons
Disfunction in management/Makes patrons wait 6 hours for there Jackpot winning
Casino Busser
Busser (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAOctober 3, 2015
Great co-workers who always help in need. Advancement opportunity. Having great tips here and there. Get to eat for free on some occasions.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Anza, CAAugust 15, 2015
Learned a lot, stilling learning on all accounting knowledge. So much to accomplish short on good accounting staff, but was able to make month end. Good place
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anza, CAAugust 11, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Your review may be publicly displayed by Indeed.
Typical day at work
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anza, CASeptember 15, 2012
worked with KCMS system,exchange and payout vary large amout of cash,did cash advance.What I have learned from the casino is the varies of machines such as,counting and coin machine because of the amout of cash I had to worked with.As my relation with the co-workers,we all worked together vary well.We all tryed to help out each other to get the job done.The hardest part of the job was they were always having trouble holding on to management so we had numorous management in my time of employment.The hardest part of the job was working the 60 hour a week and on different shift.When the cage was short on staff,I would have some shift on grave and swing shift,Then the next week I might have early morning shift and some swing and some grave,It got to be to much after awhile.It takes a toll on your body.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
to much hours of work