Caldwell Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Patients are wonderful
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMarch 25, 2018
Very stressful and employees are stretched to their maximum. Employees are called in on their days off when someone doesn't show. Employees not very reliable and there is nothing management can do, their hands are tied since UNC took over.
Pros
Patients are great!
Cons
no breaks unless you are a smoker and they just take theirs regardless of patient situation.
Satisfying and rewarding
Parish Nurse RN/Part-Time (Former Employee) –  CommunityMarch 16, 2018
Worked with clients in the community. Always adapting to patient situations and concerns. Problem solving was an essential skill for this job.The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing faith and praying with clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No lunch break on some days.
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, LAFebruary 1, 2018
It is a very relaxing place to work, and your coworkers become your family! Getting to interact with patients on a personal level adds to the job. You learn to know each patient personally and interact with them.
I love working there
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2018
I love working there. It is a very good place to work at. They are very understanding when you have a problem. The supervisor is very good to work for and I am not wanting to leave there I just want to go to a different floor
A good place to work. The job was demanding but there are resources to help.
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with the administration team at Caldwell Memorial. The work can be demanding but there are resources to help as needed.
The administration was always available if needed.
Pros
co workers and team workers
Cons
the hours can be long
management changed
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 7, 2018
My job was great until the director decided to quit....his replacement did not like having to be trained and she also wanted to bring in her own crew from her other pharmacy....some are still there I think...she chose the 3 good employees she had and framed them until she had enough to fire them....by the way, she lost the unemployment hearing due to it was obvious she was framing them....there could still be a lawsuit in there
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad new director
Family is what you'll get .
Registered Nurse, currently Telemetry unit (Current Employee) –  Lenoir N.CDecember 2, 2017
Love this Hospital. Lots of room to grow, with plenty of learning opportunities. I would stay there forever, but I am missing my Family in another state, The Hospital staff in all aspects is caring and friendly. Benefits are great and self scheduling for RN's is awesome!! Pay could be better, but raises are plentiful.
Pros
Discounts at Pharmacy, for cell phones, and in cafeteria. Health care Benefits great, Nursing self scheduling.
Cons
Very Busy, Older staff can be over bearing to newer staff, Need better support staff for nurses.
Work was good but mgmt poor
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 19, 2017
Work here was good but the management was very poor and their is a LOT of ego and drama. I worked here for about 9 months and it started off ok. Thats about it.The seasoned staff definitely needs to focus on work rather than other peoples lives.
Pros
Payroll deduction for lunch
Cons
Drama
poor
EMR HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN/RAC COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCOctober 29, 2017
Totally loved my position. Really hated leaving but management forced my hand and did not have a choice. My responsibilities and coordination in my department was what I was certified and trained in....so miss it.
Poor managerial decision making.
Pros
healthcare environment.
Cons
Poor management. No professional growth. No room for growth.
Relaxed
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 25, 2017
I loved working at the hospital, there were some negative, the manager had favorites, the favorites were very cut-throat, most of the staff was great
Pros
staff
Experience
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, LAFebruary 22, 2017
I was Admissions Coordinator. Admitted patients to healthcare programs and facilities by maintaining admitting guidelines; marketing programs; obtaining applicant information; screening applicants; completing admissions process; resolving patient dissatisfactions.
Pros
gained receptionist experience
Cons
short breaks
Good atmosphere and people who were easy to work with
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 14, 2016
The people I worked with at Caldwell Memorial Hospital were considerate, understanding and willing to work with me should an emergency come up.

They tried their best to divide the workload evenly and provide back up on heavy days.

If I had a problem, there was always someone available to help me.
Pros
Good people, good computer system to work on
Cons
Sometimes long reports to type, hours could be unpredictable
Okay place to work for, but was not managed well.
Lab/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 1, 2016
When they changed my office manager it ruined our office. The new one did not manage by your work ethics she managed by how she liked you. Some could get a way with not doing work and joking around all the time. We even had patients complain about the manager and how she was loud and didn't seem like a manager. Needless to say there is only a couple original employees left there. She has ran everyone who cares about having a respectable place to work for off.
This was a great place just bad management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, LAJuly 22, 2016
I have had a lot of family members to go in to this hospital. I had always thought it was ran well until I started working there. The place and people are okay but some departments should and could be ran 10x better.
Pros
The friendly faces
Cons
The lack of ambition
pros and cons
Full-time Staff Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMarch 8, 2016
Educational classes offered. Scheduling is decent some jobs 12 hour days some 8 hours. Tends to work well with schooling. Insurance and benefits offered.
Several years pay raises were not given. Work load is heavy, short staffed a lot. Good luck if you have to file worker comp claim.
It was an enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I would go in for a 12 hr shift and perform labs on the floor or in the ER. This was my first job as a phlebotomist, I learned a great deal here. The staff was usually always helpful. After four years I transferred to the outside practices and became a medical assistant for the practices and the urgent cares.
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  HIMOctober 2, 2015
I have worked for this company for many years and I really enjoy the work I do and feel blessed to work with the employees that I do.
Small Town charm.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 17, 2015
A very kind atmosphere to work in. The people there really care about the community. In addition the Doctors and managers that work there are some of the kindest and hardest working I have very had the privilege to work with.
Meeting new people.
CNA1 AND CNA2 (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 11, 2015
checking vital signs, checking suger,cleaning ,taking to bathroom, feeding supper,help brush teeth, help put on night close. Helping to bed.my coworkers where great and helpedeach other out. Management work with us and had no problem being there when we need them.
Pros
Learning new things everyday.
Cons
having so many different patient coming and going.
Fast paced environment.
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 5, 2015
In outside practices owned & operated by Caldwell Memorial are very fast paced environments such as any thriving physicians office. Unfortunately some are under staffed & over worked. The work loads for most are unrealistic & duties extend well past what you were initially informed you would be doing. This causes frustrated employees that went into a job with a different idea of what they would be doing as told by the hiring manager of the practice leading to poor moral.Workers that have poor interaction with other employees & cause conflict with other employees are allowed to do so & are kept on as "team players" as long as they are doing a excellent job.
Pros
Drug rep lunches, Small raise each year, Participating in community activities, PTO payouts, Insurance
Cons
No breaks, Sometimes shorten or no lunches, Managers play favorites & do not treat employees equally, Long hours, Extra work, Micro managed