Calendar Holdings LLC Employee Reviews

Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 29, 2018
I was the manager for this store for two months because they couldn’t find another but I loved every minute of working there. This store helped me get through a really rough time in my life. My manager was always there to answer my questions and concerns. Definitely want to do it again this year.
Great workers, Fun place to work at
Receiver/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 15, 2018
A day at the calender holdings was prettty relaxed, some days stressful but employees always stayed productive. Managers and supervisors were always helpful.
No help was given by corporate unless you've done something wrong.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2018
This company should be a fun place to work, I mean they have an entire unicorn section. As the store manager I tried to make it as fun as I could and my sales showed it worked. The only time I got a call from corporate or my district manager was to tell me I did something wrong. Basically if you're in a management position don't expect any help from anyone. I had a medical issue and called out from work. I was then told I couldn't come back until I had a note specifically saying what is wrong with me, what prescriptions I was on and when I could return to work. It took my dr 4 tries to get the note exactly how they wanted it. I missed two weeks of work for this.
Also the benefits suck, I had a great staff and that was the only reason I stayed on as long as I did.
Fun work place but employees had bad attitude
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2018
It could have been a great working environment but a couple of ladies had a lot of drama in their lives and brought it to the work place. Also, they were very competetive, so they made new people feel very unwelcome.
Pros
fun place to work-free books
Cons
employee quality
I wish it wasn't temporary!
Sales Tracking/Admin Asst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Our biggest issue this season was that, being a seasonal position, we had a high amount of turnaround. However, that lead to each employee being able to mold into different positions and gain an incredible amount of experience in different roles. Had this job been offered full-time I would have absolutely taken it, but the nature of the company is that they only have stores open for so long and only really need additional support for that amount of time.
Pros
steady schedule, invaluable experience
Cons
pay lower than average, seasonal
Employee Manager
Employee Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2017
Stores themselves are great and the customers are typically a lot of fun to work with. Sadly corporate is a mess. They don't have any structure and multiple people are trying to do the same job, which leads to conflicting answers. They currently don't possess the ability to support the stores logistically. Getting a blueprint and multiple pallets with a video as instruction on how to build and merchandise a store is a joke. Truck deliveries are nightmares that lead to overstock of products that hardly sell.
Pros
30% off
Cons
Corporate, Minimal breaks (good luck eating during a 6+ hour shift), and communication.
outdated mentality
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2017
executive staff needs to reassess business practices and invest in new equipment in order to save maintenance costs and prevent damaged product that takes twice as long to fix.
Corporate is very unorganized
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2017
Company is unorganized, very little help when you needed and unrealistic expectations and sales goals. They tend to spin in circles and are quick to pass the blame onto others
Pros
Discounts on product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJuly 22, 2016
Overall a good experience:
Learned a lot about banking
Education was offered to personnel to learn new skills to work more effectively
People were good to work with
Pros
Offered Education to employees
Cons
Sometime lack good management to retained personnel
Retail Sales of holiday gifts and toys in shopping malls
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Spread across many different statesJune 25, 2016
I gained alot of experience in this field of work for almost a decade operating many types of concepts and stores/ kiosks in shopping malls spread around the Untied states. Fell free to ask any question and I have detailed information on all activities related to the holiday retail shopping.
fun people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2016
days can range from very busy to just busy. learned many different aspects of in my position. really fun people to work with
Pros
free stuff
Cons
not a lot of days off
Disorganized
Assistant Mananger (Former Employee) –  Overland ParkJune 29, 2015
I worked for there Fuego store front. They start up these stores with no order and very little structure. Then they expect you to make high sales for them although they don't start you off on the right foot. Not a very forgiving company, just another corporation that considers you number not an individual.
Fun Seasonal Job
Cashier November (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 8, 2015
This was a seasonal job that took place over the holidays. I worked in a calendar store as a sales associate. I learned how to work a cash register and to provide customer service. On a typical day there I would ring out customers, provide customer service, keep the store clean, and stock shelves. The manager of the store was very kind and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when we had a slow day and didn't have much to do. I really enjoyed working on the cash register and it was my favorite part of the job. I also got to expand my people skills.
Manager Operator (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 9, 2014
The company provides lots of training and is available for all questions. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Pros
Training
Cons
Seasonal
Everyday is a different challenge
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2013
Manage a team in multiple fast paced distribution centers.
Fun and productive workplace with a ping pong table.
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2013
Pretty laid back office culture. I learned accounting, both merchandise payables and corporate payables. The hardest part of my job was that my productivity was tied to others doing their part in a timely manner, and when they didn't, I was the one who took the heat from our vendors. But when things went well and the vendor called and you could put their mind at ease, they were often quite grateful. That was nice.
Pros
free fruit day, healthy snack day, excercise programs, etc.
Cons
jobs not secure
was a fun job to work for .
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 13, 2012
Great people to work with and work for. Great if your looking for extra holiday cash the schedule is very flexable