Caleres Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
All work all the time
Encoder (Current Employee) –  Lebec, CAMay 21, 2018
It is a decent company to work for. You get all the benefits as well as vacation and sick pay immediately. On a rare occasion they provide lunch for you. I am just tired of doing the same thing all day every day.
Cons
Short breaks
Wouldn't recommend
New Store Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2018
I watched this company go through many changes until I couldn't take anymore. The pay was low and frankly not competitive for the industry. I am fortunate for the experience of working there, but really would have liked to see things change.
Pros
centrally located for me
Cons
pay and culture
Toxic and Political Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
The company culture is extremely poor. Very political. If you aren’t buddy buddy with upper management or willing to play politics then you will not be successful here. You could easily be here today and gone tomorrow depending on how management is feeling about you. There are also way too many middle managers with egos. HR is a clown show, no one knows what they’re doing nor is there any integrity. Literally the opposite of what HR is supposed to be. They’re only interested in protecting the terrible culture at Caleres, not its employees. Socially, the company isn’t very progressive at all.
Pros
casual dress, on site cafe, shoe discounts
Cons
toxic work environment, political, lots of favoritism, no job stability
Great St. Louis Company
Senior Store Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed all of my 10 years that I worked for Caleres, Inc. It was a great company with extremely talented and caring people to collaborate with. The pay could be improved for internal employees.
Great company with a variety of opportunities catering to many different skill sets.
Global Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 18, 2018
I wanted to work at Caleres to begin my career in brand marketing in fashion. Several of my coworkers had little interest in fashion, but they could still exercise their skillets and succeed.
Fun place to work until downsizing began
Director of Marketing Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2018
The people were fun! The job was interesting and fulfilling until the downsizing began and then it became very stressful. The company has changed in recent years and a more updated review should be considered.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Downsizing
Great work culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 26, 2018
This is a good company with dedicated hard working people. There is a relaxed atmosphere yet there is an underlying drive for results. It makes for good company DNA.
Progressive job
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMarch 21, 2018
What I enjoyed most about this company was the ladder. You could work you way up from the bottom and make something more of yourself as well as learn and gather experience and talent to continue advancement.
I loved working for a Shoe Company
Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Caleres. It is a growing company and fully commit to helping the community. My typical day was not always typical you had to do what came your way, I was pulling information for five dispute anaylist it could be bills of lading, proof of delivery are anything else they need and then scan them to the disputes so it would be there when they need it. I did have my own disputes that I worked so it was always interesting and different. I was always learning new and different ways to use excel and SAP. My hardest day was the day I retired I was leaving a family that was truely wonderful and they will be missed.
Pros
Discount on Shoes
Cons
Not much room for advancements
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 16, 2018
Worked for this company twice. First time was great and had fun doing it. Second time was more stressful and arduous. Better pay elsewhere for same title. and it's better if your a student or GM.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No hours unless you push rewards. Can't do anything about people stealing
Clean and Positive work place. Zero work hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 8, 2018
Really pleasant managers and coworkers. store located at the Pittsburgh mills plaza, so number of customers in store every day is never overwhelming. Company has ZERO hours to give, so don't apply if you have bills to pay!!!! Great company for intermittent work because the back to school rush is the only time we are busy!
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
only managers work more than 1 day a week all year except in July and August
vs
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 2, 2018
Collector II contacts customers who are delinquent in the repayment of their loans and obtains payments, commitment agreements or establishes a repayment plan. Followed set policies and procedures when determining suitable collection solution. Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. Works under moderate supervision. Reviewed and monitored delinquent accounts daily and maintained losses at or below established guidelines.
Manager is not treating its employees right including me
Famous Footwear (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 22, 2018
My manager does not give me enough hours, treated me poorly (even though I worked my hardest) and not given a chance to advance. Manager treated the assistant managers with more respect than me.
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Poor Management
The Old Brown Show Company
Order Analysis Agent (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 21, 2018
It was a really cool job. They designed shoes at the location I worked at. It was a slow at times and we were asked to go home. Didn't like that so much before and after the holidays. The work culture was amazing. It's a beautiful building.
Pros
Discounts on shoes online
Cons
can get slow and you will be asked to go home.
Weak Upper Management
HR Professional (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Some truly great people in the organization, but also several people I hope to never see again. Direct supervisors always cared about me and my career, but upper management has little interest in the employees, or the community (CEO flies in every week). Consistently pay below market pricing for Manager positions and lower.
The People are great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Enjoy working here. Work life balance is nice. The size of the company lends itself for various opportunities to grow within the company both locally and across the country.
Marva Loyd
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  8400 Maryland AveFebruary 6, 2018
Caleres is one of the best jobs I ever held aside from being a Corrections Officer.

If I ever moved back to St. Louis I would definitely go back to work for that company.
great enviornment, supervisors freindly
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARFebruary 2, 2018
I really enjoyed my employment with this company. Really good place to work, clean, heat and air, friendly coworkers and supervisors. Supervisors were willing to jump in and help when needed. training process was excellent.
benefits
Cons
moved to Mexico
Nice place to work
District Sales Manager - Maryland / Delaware (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed working at Famous Footwear.
I had a lot of great years there and had a great team of Store Managers for many years. That was 9 years ago so I suppose things have changed.
Review
Consumer Representative (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOJanuary 24, 2018
You sit at a desk and answer incoming calls.
Hardest part of day are upset customers or managers.
Learned to be patient and understanding.
Most enjoyable part of job are incentives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caleres Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight