Calfrac Well Services

Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

My original direct supervisor and her manager were great.
They hired a new supervisor under the manager I worked for and it did not work out for a few of us. I was laid off when the oil and gas industry at the time took a dive. It has been known as a volatile industry but I would like to pursue a career in the oil and gas industry despite that reputation
Smoke and Lies
Have been fed nothing but smoke and lies since I got to my district. All loyalty to the company is gone at this point as I was recently informed that what I was told previously doesn't matter and they have to what is best for the company. You express the reason for frustration and they try to offer EAP counselling because they think you have personal problems when the job and inconsistent schedule is the problem. Get told one thing and find out something totally different is happening a week later.
Hard company to work for.
Not much room for advancement. Stuck on same equipment forever.
Terrible supervisors.

They make it mandatory that you get your cdl to keep your job. Then there is the constant threat of getting fired over stupid stuff that is out of your control!
good
awesome company to work for. I wish I didn't have to leave. I would work for them again. they had a good safety culture and really looked out for people.
Oilfield
Took very good care of them please but as it slow down benefits would disappear but when it picks back up everything would come back wasn't a bad company to work for
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Your just a number !
The management there looks at employees like cattle. The arrogance of management is like nothing I have ever seen. I thought going in that this company would be ok to work for, but I am looking for another job right now.
Oil and Gas
The company is great. Excellent pay, benefits are outstanding.

Realize this is the oil and gas industry. Jobs come and go at the whim of the market, not the company.
Good people to work with
I enjoyed my time there, and appreciated the opportunities offered. I gained confidence in my skills and added a number of new skills to my background from the job.
You’ll work hard for your money
The money was never a problem, it was everything else. Not a good schedule if you’re traveling long distance to get to where the work is. Management isn’t bad, equipment is old, having work is hot and miss sometimes.
We stay busy
Calfrac is a good company to work for. You work 2 weeks,then your off 1 week,purty nice ! The field supervisors are very considerate. They house you and they feed you while you work.
Great money and great co-workers
Unstable due to poor maintenance of Pumps, constantly losing contracts over it. Upper management loses focus and cares more about bonuses then quality of work.
By far an outstanding company to work for.
Have worked for Calfrac for 6+ years. As an oil service company they take care of there employees. Calfrac gives you more hours than you can handle but the pay is the best.
High turnover rate
Orientation in Broomfield Co. Great training and accomodations from cooperate in Calgary. Then in location in Williston you are on your own as a transport driver. If you don't take a vehicle..lol learn how to walk.. disoriented from the beginning...loss of direction to complete the process of getting equipment moved.
Experience
Overall my 3 years at this company have not been terrible. Though the original yard o started at closed, and we were moved out to Smithfield. I feel I've had ample amounts of growth within the company but have possibly reached the end of that growth with things.
Best frac company I worked for.
Show up, do your job and go home. Easy as that. If you show them you know what you’re doing and can do it well, you will be paid well. My time there was awesome although cut short. Mainly because I had a disregard for management. If you can get in here at the williston shop. Stay there until you have your bills paid and start saving that bank
Calfrac is overall a good company to be a part of
Overall from beginning to current I have had a great experience, met and learned alot here. It did come with its challenges just like any job out here, but had good qualified people around me to show me how to do my duties properly.
Volatile industry
When the oil market is good, all is good and vice versa. Great culture and colleagues. Enjoyed my time there. Technology within the company is improving.
Great team and fantastic company culture
I loved working for Calfrac. It has a great company culture and I was treated with trust and respect. The Oil and Gas industry is fickle, but that is beyond Calfrac's control.
No raises
No raises given in the time I've been here. Promises they don't keep. 2 years. Made it past blender tender and still op 1 pay. There's a lot of yard time
Great place
Great place to work. Benefits were amazing management team was very open about things.Never a dull moment was something exciting about being there Crew you world on.
very unpredictable place
I dont have really anything to say about the company I was alid off and would have stayed with them if I had not got let go. the pay is decent and mort employees are great to mwork with
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.