Calfrac Well Services Employee Reviews

Wasn’t what they made calfrac out to be
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2018
Some guys were easy to get along with. But the ones that been there for a while act like there you know what don’t stink! They won’t teach you or show you anything and I’m sure talking to upper management would just get you fired. There was only one guy there that was really awesome as a supervisor. They won’t put per diem all on one check. They try to split it up by how many days you worked. Unless you agree to get it at the end of your hitch which makes no since cause I need the money out on my hitch not when I’m home. I just wasn’t impressed at all. Equipment is junk like everyone else. They bragg they the best company around but yet all last week guys were off cause of no work lol. So good luck if you try calfrac. It just wasn’t for me
Pros
Paycheck.
Cons
Long hours away from home always working on pumps
It has its ups and downs like every job.
Health Safety Environment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARApril 16, 2018
Like every job you have to bring a go to attitude or it can be a hard days work. I enjoyed learning as much as I could and always doing the right thing. There is always going to be those people that back-stab, push and bully others to up there position. If you work hard and stay away from that it will always be in your benefit.
Was a great place to work
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 8, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Calfrac and would highly recommend Calfrac as an employer. Calfrac was always a fun place to work, even during the down-turn. I loved my colleagues, employees and management.
Pros
Culture, Pto, management and colleagues
Benefits
Great company but poor management
Operator 4 (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 28, 2018
Don't speak up and just become good friends with certain people to move up not hard work it's a buddy system. This company would be great if there could be able to offer more home time or at least be more family oriented
Pros
Good guys you will work with and become like brothers
Cons
Management/bad home life
Good company
Fracking (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 25, 2018
Good company to work for. Good people. Nice living accommodation and good food provided. Hard long hours in difficult weather conditions. Long drive from home.
Productive and long hours
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 16, 2018
Gone away from family or 16 days working 15-18 hours a day, only getting 5 days off to see my family. Very rewarding work but having to sacrifice family time.
Pros
Good money
Cons
missing family
Calfrac
Dispatch/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 10, 2018
Calfrac Well Services was a great atmosphere to work in. The management listened to my needs and respected my qualification to meet my needs. I recommend this company
good job
Frac Operator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PADecember 25, 2017
its a great place to work with great benefits and pay. its hard though while you have a family your gone for 15 days and off for 6 days.You learn a lot of cool things from good people.
Outside and cold
Frac Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 24, 2017
Work is fun but they put you in the man camp even I live in Williston. Hardest part of the job is bring outside. Field supervisor in my crew are really good.
Great way to get gas and oil experience
Cement Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PADecember 14, 2017
Calfrac was a different breed of its own. very fast paced some days. production goals often trump safety, which isn't good in the gas and oil industry. But if you watch out for your own safety, you should be alright. it takes a lot of common sense.
Pros
Get leadership experience
Cons
Minimal home life

Want to know more about Calfrac Well Services?

Ask a question
Work
Lead operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 10, 2017
It is a good place to work but no time for home life. So if your single it's a great place to work. But if you have a family or kids it's not the most ideal place to work.
work environment
Field Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDDecember 1, 2017
It was a great place to work, and the work environment was great. It was a great company to work for and the employees are very welcoming. I never had an issue there without it getting resolved with all parties getting the results they wanted.
Maintenance Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 27, 2017
Overall it's not a bad place to work. There are some slow times and some fast paced times when we get our crews in from the field and we only have 3 to 4 days to get the services and repairs done. Work at your own pace and be safe. Of course with any job you have you'll have a bad egg but for the most part everybody gets a long with everyone. Upper management is great but some of the middle management could use some improving. Mechanics go to Denver for training for 6 days where the frac operators and drivers go for 11 days. The normal rotation is 15 on and 6 off. I've heard rumors of them trying to change it to an 8 and 6 in the shop.
Pros
Competitive pay.
Make good money at the cost of having a job you hate
Operator (Current Employee) –  Red DeerOctober 16, 2017
They preach communication is key but can't even tell you if you are bringing your clothes bags when you head to location. You tend to get more information from your hotel staff then your supervisor and or crew cabber.

You can make good money but it is not worth the stress. Does not feel like you are working with a team of guys more like inmates and treated as such.

They are very close to losing their license to have trucks on the road. Which is understandable considering they have no issue making you drive over houred way too regularly and not just by a little.

Plan and simple it is just a very negative work environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Being over houred, treated like you are worthless reguards of your experience, the list is just way too long to fit in here... Just stay away
it was a family
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Platteville, COOctober 12, 2017
I was busy all the time .
I learned many things with dot compliance
went from paper logs to electronic
everyone was great
open door policy
environment was laid back and very respectful
Pros
boss was great
Cons
short breaks
Good people
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 10, 2017
Good place to work. Enjoyed my time spent there. They care about the people that work for them. 10 days of paid training before you are allowed to work.
Pros
Rotating schedule
Cons
Nightshift
Good job
Supervisor, Benefits (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2017
It's oil & gas so industry is a feast or famine depending on price of oil. Well paid when price was high, took cuts when price dropped. It's a good place if you are good with up and down cycles
Working
Frac Operator (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PAOctober 4, 2017
Great company to work for , friendly enivornment warm welcoming people its a great place overall . Facility is great , equipment alright sand system awsome with pron efficienency .
Pros
Free ipad
Cons
Equipment
hard work
Frac Operator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAOctober 1, 2017
loved job tough work at fast pace great money great benefits lots of work all over the country good per diem pay lots of options and arability to move up
I enjoy working for this company
Eo driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2017
I like this job good benefits plenty hours good team work i got seven days oof every fourtheen make good money supervisors good people co workers real good
Pros
Get perdim
Cons
Some times you work hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Calfrac Well Services. Our community is ready to answer.