Calhoun Intermediate School District Employee Reviews

Supportive coworkers, lower pay
School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIOctober 15, 2018
Calhoun ISD has supportive evaluation team members. However, the workload can be hectic at times. Also, the starting pay was low when I was there. The local school districts I worked with did not always respect special education evaluation results.
Pros
Supportive co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Provide school for incarcerated youth.
Staff (Former Employee) –  Albion MIAugust 11, 2018
I loved working with the students, unfortunately the contract between the Intermediate School District and Starr Sequel Academy was not renewed and my job ended.
Fun and wonderful place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 31, 2018
A great place to work and be apart of I love working with Special Needs young adults. It is a very rewarding job and I love getting up and going to work everyday.
Challenging and personally rewarding
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIMay 14, 2015
Great job working with and helping children learn...some with difficult behaviors. The hours are nice, usually from 7:45 until 2:45.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks and no lunch.
I thoroughly enjoy my job
OTR (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek MIJune 29, 2014
The students are what make my day at my current position. y schedule varies from day to day. I provide oral motor to some students, fine motor activities, positioning, splinting, modeling play, dog therapy, assistive technology, and adapt tools for them to be independent. I work with a COTA who is extremely experienced and
we work very well together. School districts are extremely different from your typical work place as it is government based and the rules are set by them and not my manager. I learn something everyday from each one of the people I work with, students and staff.
Pros
the students are wonderful.
Cons
Meetings being called at the last minute
Productive and engaging
Computer Tech/Repair (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MINovember 27, 2013
When you're working within a school there is no such thing as a typical day of work. Working in a school as I.T. you learn patience and time management. My supervisor was knowledgeable and willing to teach what needed teaching. My co workers were a joy to work with and made coming in to the job that much easier. Although getting everything done on time with as much as we had to do was a challenge, I really enjoyed the work. And being able to aid in the education of the next generation, in whatever way I could, was the highlight of the job.
Pros
Great environment, enjoyable work.
Cons
Temporary contractual employment