Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CADecember 11, 2018
A day of work consisted of going through appointments for the day. Placing follow up calls to remind customers of appointments. Register information of vehicle into our systems. Calling insurances to make appointments for them to come out to inspect vehicles. Placing part orders for cars from different vendors. At times I would inspect vehicles and check them in before handing paperwork to the receptionist. I then started to get trained to become a full-time service advisor but the lack of training from management affected my career to continue working there.
Pros
Welcoming, Professional
Cons
Lack of training
Poor Professional Management
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 8, 2018
Management puts up a false sense of concern for the employees. It's all about numbers. Never seen any effort to better the shop for repairs and safety. It was all about making money for the company and bragging rights through out the company. If you need to take a few days there's no backup plan in your absence. So it is catch up when you get back. If you have experience in the past related to your position of employment don't plan on using it, Caliber will say how they want it done but really don't ask for your input and the sad thing is the employees are not the first priority, lack of professional management shows when the moral is always low but the front office thinks all is good because of the big numbers at the end of the month. If management put as much effort towards the employees than they do trying to hide their lack of leadership within the shop they would be better off. I feel that there has been many of days management could had done better for the work environment. There are shop managers out there that just are in the position by default but really don't receive the proper training to manage but just to make money. As a retired veteran (22+ years) and former government employee I expected much more and would honestly say there are some Caliber Shops need a lot of training on the true meaning of TEAM WORK . The bottom line is I was very disappointed! The really good employees that work hard month in and out should be recognized better than what they do and front office employees (estimaters, office workers etc) should NOT be part of the employee of the  more... month award.  less
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Far to many to list
productive and fun on certain days
Prepper/Buffer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CADecember 5, 2018
Working on cars kept be in a happy mood. Most of my colleagues were a bit off. Very judgemental but as long as i was doing what i needed to do i paid them no mind
Pros
car environment and restoring was fun
Cons
people i worked with
If you want to be a body tech or painter this is your place
Painter Helper (Current Employee) –  Helotes, TXDecember 4, 2018
they provide training in all areas, fun to work, nice management,
you are surrounded by sharp parts and dust, wearing a respirator is essential, but nice place to start your career as a body tech
Pros
chill place to work
Cons
pay
productive and fast paced
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral FloridaDecember 4, 2018
At first it was a typical autobody shop a normal place to work at, until the Texas corporate office decided to abrubtly make changes without any warning. A typical day was to prep my team on different vehicles, deligate specific jobs to the team. interacted daily with Geico, progressive and other insurance companies. Ensuring that the customers needs were being met. the best part of the job was to see the smiles on the customers faces after all the work was done.knowing that they were satisfied. Also consistently being number one Autobody shop.
Great Place to work
Regional Recruiting Manger (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2018
I love working for Caliber Collision. There is no other company that I would want to work for!! Caliber Collision has built and environment of trust and making sure teammates have a work/life balance!! We are continuing to grow and the room for growth keeps getting bigger and bigger!!

FIRE UP CC!!!!
Perfect
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 28, 2018
Couldn’t have asked for a better job. Very good benefits everyone is profesional. Very profesional workplace and competitive. Would 100% work there again.
Pros
Cons
Nome
typical body shop. a lot of self management
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2018
job required a lot of note taking and customer calling. also you must stay in touch with customers and insurance companies to assure them you are doing everything within your power to get the repair done in timely manner. also it is up to you to make sure the cars are completely repaired and detailed. i always had to double check the workmanship. sometimes that required me to take a car back and have work redone. i did not like the way Caliber tried to push me to send a car out that was not to my standards. every month at the end of the month they would push to get cars out to meet the plan. that means that they will let a car go out just to get they're money even if the car was not ready. there is nothing worse than pushing a car out at the last minute when you know that it is not back to pre-accident condition. it almost always comes back to bite you.
Pros
good benifit plans, mostly nice people to work with.
Cons
bonuses get lost because of other peoples workmanship that you cannot control
Fun place to work however the pay and chance to get promoted is not available like they tell you when they hire you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 25, 2018
This is a fun place to work however the money they pay and the chance to get promoted are not available like they tell you when they first hire you. I was offered the bottom of the amount of pay even though I had 10 years in the body shop industry. I was also looked over for a management position and it was given to a person with zero management experience and who didn’t even apply for the job because her father works for caliber. I have to do her work and my own and yet I’m not compensated for that. I still have hope that things will change because other than those things I do like working here. We will see.
Pros
Overtime every week
Cons
Horrible pay, poor management, working with negative people all day every day
Search Elsewhere for employment Hostile employees!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLNovember 23, 2018
I worked at this facility for a short period of time and due to poor mgmt, everyone one stressed because of corporate pushing pushing for $$$$ every month and over working staff.

Was lied to from day one! Told previous member replacing was promoted only to find out later was demoted and shipped to other store.

Staff met newcomer with attitude, no patience for staff and assisting with learning curves.

Was verbally assaulted 3 times by the same male advisor and because he brought in big account they allowed the abuse to escalate!

Had no choice but the leave this toxic hostile work environment!
Pros
None!
Cons
too many to list!
High paced and fun work place
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 12, 2018
Always a great time, even though hours can be long. The Management cares about their employees and is always there for them. It is very rewarding and youngetbout what you put in.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great pay, and good times
Cons
Poor Leadership, back stabbing staff no team environment beware!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehigh Acres, FLNovember 8, 2018
All i can say is alot of lying goes on by - all from top leaders to local staff. Employees at this specific location are not team players.

In fact for adults they act like overgrown children and have no patience for new comers that have no knowledge of the industry.

Pay is not inline with responsibilities - Poor organization as far as training is concerned an very poor communication.

I am very disappointed not my idea of an ideal job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
long hours, poor mgmt, unprofessional lack of welcoming new people into the team
good place to work, friendly people
transport driver (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 5, 2018
I traveled to different locations of San Antonio body shops. I learned about what it took to fix a car that had been wrecked. I made sure clients were happy with the work Caliber had done, and if not I would return the car. I delivered to and from body shops of Caliber Collision. I traveled to Austin, Texas, Del Rio, Dallas, Round rock, Rock springs, and documented complaint and referred them to the correct people. We also have a contract with USAA, so delivery locally was a must. Also, I traveled to Borne and New Braunfels. I made people feel they could trust that
Caliber Collision would stand behind their promise of a non-hassle, great compliance agreement on their part.
Pros
Extra-curricular activities within company
Cons
Not enough work
Great, Friendly,& Fast Growing Company
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 4, 2018
Caliber Collision is an amazing company to work for. The growth in my time here is intensely unimaginable. A typical day ranges per the department you are in. Some days are obviously better than others, but isn't that with anywhere you go? I have learned so much with my time here, Ive grown so much. The Management skills can very from department to department. I feel like the hardest part of this job was standing out, as this company pushes each and everyone to Best their Best.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Questionable promotions
Productive work place
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 1, 2018
I looked forward to going to work. The staff made it easy to adapt to environment. Management assisted in teaching me the proper way to run the front office. The business is a divers culture and the hardest part of the job was contacting insurance company. I enjoyed the staff part of the job.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
A toilet that survives and succeeds due to drp connections
Estimator (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 29, 2018
After 4 decades in the autobody industry as a shop owner for 35 years, and a production manager of a multi million dollar a year facility up north I came to fla. Caliber is by far the worst run successful business I have ever known of.
Most center managers have no repair experience, they only know the metrics and the numbers. I got to be good friends with all the techs, they all hate it there, some will say it out loud , most just keep quite and stay miserable.
Most of management are former estimators that think they know it all , but have no clue how to really fix a car, and that’s the person you’re going to have to listen to all day.
Estimators and techs are 100% commission , and if you don’t have enough sales or hours for a given week, they lend you money that you have to pay back.
So .... you can work there 50-55 hrs and owe them money- wtf!!!!!
No one really puts there heart and soul into the repairs , because they hate the place .
Managers are breaking the rules, and upper management has no idea what’s going on.
Upper management will visit, walk they the shop and not even say hello or good morning, like you are beneath them and not worthy of a hello
There are some really nice, fancy buildings. The management, or recruiter will promise you the world, but you’re talking to a wolf in sheeps clothing
The company is a very successful toilet .
Good luck!!!
I would love to sit down with top management someday and tell them what’s really going on!
Pros
Nice building when u pull up to the place
Cons
Lies, lies, and more lies- worst management ever
Official response from Caliber Collision
November 7, 2018

Hello, first off we would like to apologize for your experience at Caliber Collision. What you have listed in your feedback does not align with our cores values and beliefs at Caliber. We would love the opportunity to speak with you regarding your time with us.

I can be contacted at kipp.birtwistle@calibercollision.com

Have a great day.

Fasy paced production shop
Auto Painter (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 27, 2018
Great place to make money, with great benefits. Paid time off, and personal sick days. Team focused and oriented. Plenty of opportunity for advancement.
Nice
Paint sprayer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
Awsome to work here. Really energetic and happy sraff.. good benefits and 40 hours a week. Pay weekly. Positive attitude and friendly environment. Always a pleasure to work there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary kind of low
Excellent benefits
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 23, 2018
Fast-paced busy environment
Provides employee training
Team building emphasis
Flexible time off
Upward mobility but lacks lower management skills in the selection process
Great program that benefits Veterans
Needs more diversity
stressful
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, MDOctober 20, 2018
very high-stress job, all your managers care about is numbers. you are capped to make a certain amount no matter how hard you work if you are not a commission based employee. you are on your feet all day working sweating and breathing in harsh chemicals and dust.
Pros
you can work your own vehicle after hours
Cons
extremely stressful for every position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Collision. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about