Caliber Collision Employee Reviews

The disconnect is astonishing.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 22, 2018
The company has gotten to large in my opinion. Center level employees are so overwhelmingly and unknowingly controlled by upper management - regionals managers and up.

The payscale is in my opinion unlawful. As a service advisor unless you turn more than $20,000 weekly profit in sales, your 4.5% commission just gets you to a break even point. If you don’t manage that 20k+ you then are in a “deficit” and the following week you have to pay back your “guaranteed draw salary $40,000” — basically 40k/52wks=$769 paycheck before taxes. (This is the amount caliber agrees to essentially loan you each week- you pay it back the following if you’re able too exceed that $20k mark or it turns into -$769 + another -$769, and you’re screwed if you have another “draw” check because then you owe caliber $2,300; before you can make any commission and it just goes on and on like that.)

If you don’t have and stay on great terms with the regional manager whom regulates how many vehicles you can take in a scheduled week, you’ll have a hard time making the $20k in sales to stay afloat and not basically be indebted to the company.
Seriously you’re paying Caliber to work 7am-6pm and at least one Saturday 8am-12pm if not more.

Yes the company offers good benefits, but the ability to utilize them for me anyways is a challenge. If you’re out for a doctors visit or dentist appointment for say half a day could resolute in the inability to purchase groceries the following week. Because simply it’s a full commission position.

And if people only knew the company’s “back end” parts discounts
  more... (keystone for example is around 65% or more) , the sublet vendors that Caliber has recently purchased to inflate sales and repair costs, or simply the company’s 54% operating profit on each job. Yes each job. Seriously. Operating profit not to be confused with gross profit.

This company is the best portrayal of:

Capitalism - profit goes to the top.

A business Monopoly - “We want to be the only repair choice in each market”- note them opening up like McDonald’s.

Insurance fraud- acquiring “Protech” a automotive mechanical and electronics repair company to influence and charge extreme amounts for services the vehicle manufacturers wouldn’t recognize as required.

Caliber now says how much “Protech” is to invoice Caliber for the service. Caliber then turns and bills the Car Insurance company this additional bill.

Ultimately if you’re wondering why auto insurance premiums have increased so much this last decade. Ding. ding... ding..... thanks Caliber!
Pros
Keeps you on your toes, mentally and physically.
Cons
You can forget about job security, to my knowledge center level employees are “At-Will”
cool job
auto body technician/ janitor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 19, 2018
easily handled very well. almost not enough work to do. from rest rooms to entire facility inside and out. felt good to please of co-workers and impress and improve my relationship with my father.
Pros
plenty of manual labor
Cons
Fun workplace with good people
Shop Helper (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 19, 2018
very good work and great people to work with. Many people were helpful and worked with me despite my young age and did not descriminate against anything about me.
Pros
god hours and lunch
Cons
dangerous and hot and dirty
By far the best company I ever worked for
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 18, 2018
I started working as a detailer and then worked my way up to parts manager.they give great opportunities.they have benefits and 401k also dental and vision,great company and atmosphere,weekly pay
Pros
Rewards at the end of the month
Cons
Hour lunch
productive
Automotive Body Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2018
a typical day at work starts of quick and end s the same way it takes a while to get the hang of things. the atmosphere is lively though sometimes lacking of communication between team members the job still is completed
Pros
good experience
Cons
sometimes slow days
Wouldn’t recommend
Auto Body Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  TurnersvilleSeptember 13, 2018
Just like a previous employee said it’s very cutthroat and Buddy buddy . They write two estimates. You never get to see the original . You don’t fit in with the click you will not make it. Manager gives all good jobs to the people he brought in there . Benefits packages are awesome not worth the stress . They just keep looking and looking and looking for something wrong to blame you for . Which ends up making you mess up on jobs! Don’t do it!!!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 6, 2018
Great place to work, I would definitely go back if given a second chance. Unfortunately I got laid off because work was too slow. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Terrible place
porter/detailer (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXSeptember 6, 2018
If it wasn't co-workers arguing it was people back stabbing or gossiping. Manager played favortism. the communication wasn't there only when it benefited them
Pros
1 HR lunch and got paid overtime almost every week
Cons
Management and empty promises
Parts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 6, 2018
Overall its a good company to work for not to many benefits lots of work and overtime but they really just care about numbers not really culture at all.
Very run work place, team engagement meetings
Auto Body Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic blvd Jacksonville FLSeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my position working at Caliber collision in bolth California and Florida. It was a very caring work place but just not enough work. A lot of great opportunities and good people. I would very much enjoy joining the team again.
Pros
Steady work hours
Cons
Balanced management
It pays the Bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  gaithersburgAugust 28, 2018
Good Place to start off, but a little unorganized. They have long work hours which can be understandable since it is a body shop. You do learn how to interact with customers more.
Productive & Fun Atmosphere
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDAugust 24, 2018
A typical work day is greeting my team, answering emails, going over production, assigning labor to technicians, making sure that our team has a safe and comfortable work environment and assisting my team with anything that they need help with.
I learned how to implement certain processes to help me be a better CM.
I really admire and respect my RM, he is a very knowledgeable and cooperative. If there is anything I need help with he is always there to assist me to be successful.
The hardest part of my job is the commute but its worth it because the most thing that I enjoy is my Team, they are a wonderful bunch and I'm grateful to work along side of them.
Don't do it
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2018
They try to get you with claims of good culture and benefits day one but don't be fooled. It's an ol' boys club that you'll never break into and promotions only go to butt kissers. I could go on and on about the awful ways of this company. Again, just don't do it.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Big Family
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLAugust 22, 2018
Working for Caliber is like working with your family. The teammates are great and my Center Manager is awesome. They will work with you and get you the training that you need to make sure your job is done properly. It's a very fast paced environment but it makes the day go by quickly! I can definitely say working with such a large company you may be concerned that your just a number..but your not. The higher ups in the company will visit stores and take interest in their employees.

On a daily basis you will constantly be working with the team as well as customers and insurance companies. It may seem stressful at first because at times you will be pulled in different directions but once you get your own system in play everything works smoothly!
Pros
Hour lunch break, Great Benefits, Closed on weekends, Like working with family
Life at Caliber
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2018
I take pride in saying I work at Caliber Collision, everyone is like one big family, team mates don't always agree on things, but in the end we come together as one. I can always count on my peers and my management team for help, and to gain knowledge on things I am unfamiliar with. I have been with the company going on 3 1/2 years, i have advance in my position since, and I look forward to growing those who are looking to advance!
I look forward to each day I go to work, and that's when you know you are with a good company!
Very productive Body Shop enjoy working here.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 22, 2018
This is the such and enjoyable job. I've learned a lot about the back end of the business. Great workplace with great teammembers. There is something different every day. I love my job !!!
Thas is so good
Collision Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 22, 2018
The company is so but I'm want working to may sell I'm looking to so many place but no what slept soo only I'm what 1 opportunity but the shop in I'm working is soo good
Cheap pay a lot of work
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 20, 2018
Don't pay enough for the amount of work you do ,plus it's a backstabbing industry . At first stated no Saturdays, next thing you know working Saturdays with no training on how to take care of customers since you only deal with the backside of the shop not the front , etc....
Pros
Discount on parts
Cons
Pretty much no personal life.
Good Benefits Bad Management False expectations
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 15, 2018
Too many redundant processes, upper management can care less about you as a person and you are a number. Its always what have you done for me lately not what have you done. Poor support From upper management and unrealistic goals most of the time. They want you to play games to build "moral" but truth is if you treat your people right and support them it will build itself, people come to work to do just that especially when the techs don't get paid unless they are working (flat rate). Best part of the job was I had great employees in my shop (Center) Pay is less then the industry offers in the area and compensation plans are pipe dreams when it comes to bonuses because you are graded as a team you dont control your own bonus.

My final opinion is stay away unless you need benefits, if you do go work at Caliber you get insurance day 1.
Pros
Good employees, Good benefits
Cons
Terrible Upper management, poor pay, long long hours
asked me to put in notice at other shop then left me hanging
Collision Estimator (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 13, 2018
I had 3 really good interviews and they told me I would get an offer via email and I should put in my notice at my other job. Then they disappeared. Tried to get them on the phone to clarify but they just completely ignored me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Collision. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about