Caliber Home Loans
56Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA13 reviews
Caliber is a company that is focused on growing and also keeping up with the times by continually updating the computer system used daily. Caliber strives to offer unique products that allows their market to expand.
There is a reason that Caliber was voted the number two best mortgage company to work for.
You don’t find collaboration, support, and innovation under one roof very often.
Very Stressful, unrewarding, office manager was a control freak and got away with treating her employees horribly. A typical day started with 50+ emails to get through, having to submit reports by 10 am, co-workers were great but very new to the business, the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Everything else.
Good company to work for since they the focus on achieving borrowers goals and providing great customer service. A fun place to work, a busy and detailed oriented environment.
Pros
Management lets you work independently
Cons
Not enough one on ones/training or debelopment
Great co-workers and good pay. I do not see the relevance; what does this have to do with my job search?
I worked there 4 and half years. HR employees showed up at 11AM with no warning and informed us the office was closed. We were told to clear our workspace and be gone by 3PM. Not a great place to work
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job security and poor management
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I enjoyed working at Caliber and only left due to another opportunity that would have furthered my career. Caliber had great programs and training material
Immediate supervisors were awesome. Co workers truly care for each other.
Hiring too many employees then laying them off.

Immediate supervisors were fair and have an open door policy.

Benefits could be better.

No place for advancement
Pros
Co workers were good hearted as well as immediate supervisors
Cons
Need cross training, too many laid offs
I enjoyed working with all the team members in my office, everyone I worked with was experienced and a professional at what his or her position entailed
Pros
Comfortable office environment
Cons
No job security, no advancement
I enjoy my job, but i don't enjoy not having training or set rules. I have 3 managers here, they all say different procedures for processes then act like you are the problem.

When i asked for more training, management said there no way to train you in something we don't have examples for and i don't have the time to look for them...

so if you enjoy working for a company that has no structure and is doomed to fail, this is the place for you :)
it is a fun place to work. lots of freedom as long as the work is being completed on time and correctly. Compensation is competitive, and the benefits are fair
The people I worked with were very nice. It was hard to get a read on the upper management until a company wide reduction in employees. I do miss some of the people.
a good place with okay staff and good management. Company has amazing software. everything was enjoyable except some staff members were too loud. HR was whimsical imposition on employees.
Pros
amazing resources
Cons
sometimes not enough chances to grow
New manager with lacking managerial skill sets. Little or no support through out the whole branch office....
Very unfriendly environment. If you are not a MLO you're treated with very little regard. Substandard training. Horrible, horrible HR personnel. HR persons are difficult to reach, will not return phone calls, even if a voice mail is left. Very rude when you finally get someone. Overall, this is not a professional office to work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Horrible HR Department