Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews

I was happy to be part of the team
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 13, 2018
Good company to work for since they the focus on achieving borrowers goals and providing great customer service. A fun place to work, a busy and detailed oriented environment.
Pros
Management lets you work independently
Cons
Not enough one on ones/training or debelopment
Great Employer
Conventional Wholesale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 9, 2018
This is a great employer that offers remote positions. Work life balance is heavily promoted within. Sadly, if not for the mortgage slow down I would still happily be employed there.
Great Company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 8, 2018
Great working philosophy, strong support from upper management, continuous training, promoting within company, constant opportunity for growth and pay is commensurate to position and experience.
Quick Downturn
Foreclosure Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
When I began working for Vericrest Financial I enjoyed the working atmosphere of cohesive support between departments. In a few short months as Vericrest management was being restructured it became competitive and unfriendly.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Sold Off
Needs Improvement
Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Overall depending on your role, there is flexibility in regards to your working hours and working from home if you work in IT and Analytics. However, there is a lack of formal training especially if your main team is as headquarters and you are on a different site. In most cases you are required to sink or swim.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lack of Formal Training
assist current customers with mortgage loans
Triage-Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2018
call on past due accounts, process payments, set up payment plans. Refer customers to proper departments such as loss mitigation, foreclosure, deed in lieu.
Pros
fixed hours and overtime
Manager (Short Sales) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Great place to grow and learn. The culture fits the company mission. The management team is very supportive. All the employees were very friendly and easy to work with.
Good Manager Bad Sales
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 1, 2018
Both my local Managers in 2018 were fantastic. They really listened, were knowledgeable and extremely supportive. The previous manager I would never want to work with again nor would I refer anyone to them for future business.
Stable Company
Consumer Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 31, 2018
Reimburse for internet use, work remotely, flexible hours. Fairly stable company in an unstable mortgage industry. Some bonuses when volume/production is high.
Productive & Fun Work Environment with excellent Management
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 25, 2018
This is a great company to work for. It is fast paced and competitive. I loved working with my team. My immediate manager and branch manager were the best to work with.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None that I can think of. I only left the company because I had to relocate to a different state.
Constantly in Transition
Regional Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, WAOctober 25, 2018
Leadership was very secretive and had too much on it's plate to devote the time and energy to skill up its associates. Poor organization structure with some operations reporting to sales and sales paying kickbacks to operations. Not given the job I was promised
Pros
Cons
Tammy Richards, Leslie Price. Poor leadership
Work
LOAN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 24, 2018
The company is great except for the fact that the they have multiple regionals and other senior management that are paid large salaries that do relatively nothing. That affects the rate sheet and other qualities of the company. CUT BACK.
Good pay; long hours; poor management
Wholesale Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2018
Great co-workers and good pay. I do not see the relevance; what does this have to do with my job search?
I worked there 4 and half years. HR employees showed up at 11AM with no warning and informed us the office was closed. We were told to clear our workspace and be gone by 3PM. Not a great place to work
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job security and poor management
Good place to work/ no advancement
Processor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 14, 2018
compensation does not work with the cost of living. There is not advancement for promotion they will hired outside the company or hired within with someone that has no experience in processing.
Pros
good people
Cons
no advance/compensation
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Onboarding & Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Caliber Home Loans. It is a rapidly growing company; very fast-paced. Work-life balance is promoted and it is a fun atmosphere to work in with great people!
Pros
Work life balance and the ability to work remotely.
No Good
Conversion Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2018
Nothing good to say here but stay away! Worst company I ever worked for. They treat their employees like indentured servants. First and only job I resigned from.
Energetic, fast-growing mortgage company
Software Engineer Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 3, 2018
Since I joined Caliber in 2014, it has grown from about 2000 employees to over 7000. It has broadened its product offering from merely servicing mortgages to a full-service mortage originator and servicer. The company also invested in upgraded software management tools and processes.
Productivity and Service driven.
AVP Underwriting Team Lead (DE) (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 2, 2018
Provided exceptional support to the team, within service level agreements. Flexible with guidelines. Great team atmosphere and mentoring to each other and staff.
Cons
Managers had to pay out of pocket for many items provided to the staff
Poor Insight
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 1, 2018
Great people to work with. Management has only one objective ... MONEY and very little if any will go in your pocket. They just had a big layoff because they have no idea what is happening with the real estate market.
Pros
Nice building ... Good workers
Registration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 1, 2018
Caliber was a great place to work. It was a sad day when the office closed. It was such a rewarding company to work for. To have a manger you could go to with any question and they would always find out is a great team leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight