Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews

The worst job I ever had
Customer Service Manual/Escalations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 13, 2019
In customer service, talking to borrowers about their questions on their Mortgage, you were expected to only be on the phone for no longer than 5 minutes. If a borrower had many questions and you were trying to assist the borrower with all of their needs and on the phone for more than 5 minutes, expect a manager, AVP, or a VP to come and bang on your desk with their fist and yell at you to wrap that call and take another that was waiting in the queue. The borrowers could hear this and it was quite embarrassing. Often borrowers would tell me, "You need to find another job." Very poor training. You were thrown to the sharks with just about no knowledge of how to answer questions that you didn't know the answer to. Borrowers were being transferred to me and I would answer their question and be told that was the 5th different answer from 5 different people. I ensured them that I had given them the correct answer because if I didn't know, I would go ask my manager. I would never just shoot an answer from the hip just to get them off the phone. Very poor training.
Pros
Insurance, Monday through Friday schedule.
Cons
Working in a hostile environment on the call center side in customer service.
Wonderful company
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 10, 2019
I worked here for over 4 years and the branch manager was one of the best that I had worked with. The only reason I left is because they were getting ready to change the comp plan.
I enjoyed working here and would have stayed.
Government Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2019
This probably was the best place I've ever worked for. They're very fair - nobody goes behind your back without telling you. There was never any discussion with any issues - if anything came up you were talked to privately.
Pros
Just an awesome place to work for.
Cons
I can't even think of any.
Good Company
VP Human Resources, Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Caliber is a good solid company to work for. They have decent benefits, competitive compensation, and have a good culture. They match the dynamic nature of the mortgage industry both in leadership and production roles.
Pros
Employees, company success
Cons
dynamic leadership - lots of changes
Great Salary
Operations-Retail-Texas Closing &Funding Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 31, 2018
this company chose me to run their Texas Closing Department and it taught me a lot more about the mortgage side, and it open me to more future opportunity.
Pros
great salary
Cons
no work life balance
Great company
Online Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 29, 2018
Caliber is a growing mortgage company with corporate headquarters in Irving, TX. They are a great company with a small company culture. They strive to balance employee work and personal life.
Great Company
Home Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2018
This company is on top of the tech curve and has all the tools necessary to move forward as an LO. The only downside was the lack of management or support in AZ, but it's something they are working on.
A great place going in the wrong direction
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 20, 2018
It's a typical mortgage company. When the economy is booming then there is plenty of work for everyone, but when the economy is struggling there are plenty of jobs for outsourcing.
Pros
Great work life balance and benifits
Cons
CEO does not have a long-term strategy.
Good Salary
Retail Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2018
The company as a whole is very good. You must have prior experience in all aspects of job in order to succeed. New employee training needs to be better, learning new systems and expectations are difficult with any job, but without direction it is more frustrating. Without the proper training is just a set up for failure.
Pros
Salary, environment and PTO
Cons
Little training with high expectations
bottom feeder LO's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 3, 2018
ops/ funding department is one of the best in the industry, but they are worked to the bone, SALES does nothing but cry and complain to management and constantly throws ops under the bus. SALES are one of the worse in the industry, bottom of the barrel agents that are other company's rejects. If you are producer with 1 loan every other month, like to complain, cast stones at other departments, this is the place for you.
Pros
non
Cons
management, pay, benefits

Want to know more about Caliber Home Loans?

Ask a question
Nice Office
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 3, 2018
Nice place to work, to bad there was not enough work and several of us were laid off. The management was great (she has since left) the team in Virginia were a nightmare.
Good work environment
Registration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 30, 2018
positive people, willing to help. no one leaves until team members and yourself are complete for the day. team effort and well supported by all. communication is key
Pros
smiles
Cons
must work late
Started out great......
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 27, 2018
At the first, it was great. We had an active involved manager with a great staff. Then they expanded too fast and quality suffered. They hired a lot of new people who simply were not up to par and were hostile during the work process. New managers were promoted that weren't as knowledgeable and the expectations became too hard to meet.
Pros
Compesation was well within business standards OPS
Cons
Sales team, poor submissions, hostile towards
no job security
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORNovember 27, 2018
No job security or growth. The management has changed and I would gladly work there again in a heart beat. Very friendly helpful and aware of their products.
workplace
Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 26, 2018
Caliber is a great company. I believe it is one of the few companies that works on emortgage. A typical day at work is to review the files, prioritize what has to be done first. Review loan conditions, review loan package, fund loans, send out CD's,

The environment is awesome, from Loan Officers, Underwriters, processors and closer all focus on one main point, to close a loan. Everyone is willing to help and to find a solution to any problem.
I really liked my coworkers we had fun, even though sometimes it was stressful.

The hardest part of my job was trying to please everyone at the same time.
Pros
Bonus according to production.
Fair employer
Conventional and DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 25, 2018
Management was very supportive. I enjoyed working with knowledgeable employees and made great memories and friends while at this office. End of month lunches were provided by management as employee appreciation.
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2018
Delivered and maintained proper inventory of 7-eleven products. Trained new employees. Adapted to new routes and extra delivery stops when drivers were frequently short-handed Operation of electronic Lift Gate, electric pallet jack, and inventory-based software
good
Cons
Laid back, easy to work with enviorment
Collateral Management (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 21, 2018
hard to find good management that is understanding and works well together but they seem to do a good job of it at caliber. the staff is all very welcoming and friendly.
I was happy to be part of the team
Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 13, 2018
Good company to work for since they the focus on achieving borrowers goals and providing great customer service. A fun place to work, a busy and detailed oriented environment.
Pros
Management lets you work independently
Cons
Not enough one on ones/training or debelopment
Great Employer
Conventional Wholesale Underwriter (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLNovember 9, 2018
This is a great employer that offers remote positions. Work life balance is heavily promoted within. Sadly, if not for the mortgage slow down I would still happily be employed there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight