Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
System Support Analyst
Online System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063July 17, 2018
I liked the benefits working for Caliber since 2015 started in SPOC than promoted to system support. System Support has poor schedule structure. H2O is the system I had to fix and help users however H2O breaks constantly.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers are great, but...
Single Point of Contact (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
It was a great job til upper management decided to change things and the whole workplace atmosphere changed. Useless for an idea center or have company meetings when employees voice their opinions but upper management every really listens
Pros
Benefits and incentives
Cons
Upper management
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2018
I have nothing nice to say about this place. HR looks out for management only. Once you make a simple mistake they try their best to make you quit. You're better off by looking for a job somewhere else.
Good Company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJuly 2, 2018
The days there are spent insuring borrowers are well qualified for home mortgages and make sure they feel comfortable in the loan process. The workplace culture is less desirable. Secretive, fake, unsupportive and no growth opportunities.
Not a good company to work for if you’re looking for a long term career
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2018
The work environment is not positive environment. Very negative, demanding, emotionally and mentally draining and anxiety driven atmosphere.

The managers use mind muniplating tactics to keep you performing by constantly criticizing you and only focusing on your weaknesses, mistakes or improvements even if you’re performing very well and considered a top performer.

CaliberHomeloans is an unethical company that makes you word harder not smarter.

There plan is to continue to lay off employees in the collections department by 2020 will see an enormous decline in production and employment opportunities.

The company does not allow advancement through the company, pay out decent incentives or give good raises.
Pros
Free lunches from time to time
Cons
Physically, mentally and emotionally draining job.
Caliber
Assistance Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2018
Caliber offers a good working environment, teamwork culture.

Demanding of perfection which drives all employees to be successful.

Enjoyable part of job is the people
Pros
People
Cons
No Advancement
Large organization
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2018
Working at Caliber was good, but very "corporate" in nature due to the size of the company. At times, felt like a number, but overall was a good experience.
Great work environment and upbeat.
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
A great place to learn and experience the mortgage industry as a whole. Caliber believes in their employees and will do anything to see them succeed and advance.
Pros
Bonuses, incentives
Donald Trump Atmosphere
Loan Consultant NMLS ID (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2018
I would never ask my worst enemy to work here. They make you feel like you should be grateful to work there. IT's a joke. The training is meant for a 2-year-old. Showing binders full of words any normal person would know about a home. The commission is paid almost 60-90 days after a loan closes. So you could go without pay for up to 3 months. The atmosphere is very snob like, and they hate anyone that the customers prefer to work with. It's quite comical to watch the older women give dirty looks to each other as if they were children in a sandbox. They give you no help for leads and the branch manager was too busy trying to look good to care about his employee's feelings. Required useless meetings that talk about the branch managers achievement. (Yawn)
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Pay is not comparable to industry standards. Prejudical and snob-like atmosphere
Review
Consumer Direct Office Quality Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 11, 2018
I had a wonderful experience with my manager. The company is not secure frequent layoffs and the pay is not competitive with other companies. I would recommend Caliber as a last resort

Want to know more about Caliber Home Loans?

Ask a question
Room for improvement
Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2018
Over the past few years this company has really slipped. It all starts with leadership and I feel it is lacking. Not efficient as a whole. When new ideas are brought up, they end up being shot down even when the cost is low, is more efficient, and user friendly.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Atmosphere is not good
Management Makes It Work
Exceptions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2018
The best part about Caliber is the work load and the management. The management team always tries to work with you and not against you. I would recommend them to anyone seeking employment.
Great desk job
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2018
If your looking for an easy desk job with little room for advancement this is the place for you. The management come and goes and there is constant flow of new hires in most departments.
Ambitious company
Account Manager - Correspondent Lending (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Caliber is a good company with really talented people from the ground floor to the CEO. Caliber would have been a good place to work in another capacity other then in the Correspondent Lending World. My direct managers were very sharp and lead by example. They are some of the top talent in the industry.
Pros
Good opportunities and ambitious company
Cons
Too big too fast.
Caliber
Default Servicing Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego CaMay 24, 2018
Caliber is a growing company - mostly on the origination side. Culture is okay but there are certainly favorites. That is expected in most companies.
Pros
Above average pay
Cons
No room for promotion at this time
enjoyable place to work
Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
fun company to work for, I thoroughly enjoyed working for them and as a processing manager. My manager was always there for me when I needed her to assist. I would still be here if the company did not need to do workplace reductions.
Pros
Management access
Cons
computer system
sad
CA SW REGIONAL CLOSING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2018
would rather stay positive and let go of the negative that being said Caliber has many great qualities but, upper management is not one of them. Would still recommend them
Pros
Team Oriented
Decent place to work
Registration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 23, 2018
This is a decent place to work. Management tries to keep the atmosphere light. Once you are comfortable with your job duties you are not micromanaged. The staff is nice and work well with each other. The hardest part of the job is the noise level. Some staff members tend to be loud when working.
Pros
nice environment and the mortgage system is user friendly, insurance benefits start in a month, company matches 401k @ 4%.
Cons
can be a loud environment
Loan Closer/Funder (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 23, 2018
Family environment, wonderful management. I learned so much working with Caliber Home Loans. I would recommend working there to anyone. I actually miss working there.
Team members were professional
CLIENT RELATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working with all the team members in my office, everyone I worked with was experienced and a professional at what his or her position entailed
Pros
Comfortable office environment
Cons
No job security, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caliber Home Loans. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight