Caliburn International
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Caliburn International:

Caliburn International Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA27 reviews
The place isn't that bad, but depending where you live the commute will be a challenge. There could be a work life challenge depending on your work assignments.
I worked for them before the company switch for 6 years when they were comprehensive health services I cannot speak to the new ownership.
They were great to work for
Not much room for growth, waiting around for work,training was little and insufficient. Work environment wasn't very friendly and very competitive....
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no flexible schedule to work
Great leadership and clear communication re: projects. I was a consultant and would have stayed on if able. They went thru a merger and discontinued contracts as they ended.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Well versed company, family orientened. There were flexible schedules along with great pay. There was advancement for growth with the required training.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not many
I had various work titles while working there, but at the end of the day we all had a common goal of achieving the completion of the days work. Everybody was friendly and approachable and it was very team oriented
I enjoyed my time at CHS and would still be continuing my career with them if it wasn't for them relocating to Florida. The relocation package does not really make sense, but that's not my position to let them know that.
Comprehensive Health Services is a great team of individuals who work closely together to provide workforce health management..from physicals, to drug screens, to IME's...CHSi does it all.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
driving distance
My typical day at work is enjoyable I love what I do with training new employees.
All my co-workers are in one accord

The most enjoyable part is meeting deadlines and completing assignments
Pros
Company gatherings
Cons
CHS is a very productive company with high expectations that are always met with being an enjoyable environment. Management is on top of any issues and are always at arms reach.
Pros
Flexible hours
Accept any other job you're offered but this one. If you're a temp ask for a different assignment, this isn't worth the misery.
always promote quality of work life balance and my boss is great!
Primarily customer service and Exam program management. Work intimately with clients to ensure that exams are performed efficiently.
Pros
always opportunities to learn
Cons
pay
Work kept me very busy. Management/HR showed a lot of favoritism. How to process invoices into Costpoint and expense reports in Deltek. Love most of my co-workers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
double standards
This small company has internal issues that are so toxic, it's amazing anything gets accomplished. They will say that they support work life balance, then frown upon any time away even taking lunch - no flexibility - no support from management. The leader/prez of this company has no morals, no values and is generally a very bad person
Pros
free coffee
Cons
toxic work environment - no support from management- unhealthy, angry people work here
I am a CSA. I am never told how well I'm doing. The management is too hands off. See many people watching movies, you tube's or listening to music instead of working. Great place to learn about medical aspects of pre-employment hiring. Nice office with plenty of technology to get the job done. Lots of Per Diem hourly with no benefits people. Work is sometimes too busy but then too slow so inconsistent which is why they hire Per Diem. Great job for people who don't need benefits and need more flexibility with their time
Pros
Nice work environment, people are nice, work interesting and helping people
Cons
Low pay, work is not consistent, management too hands off, no accountability
Excellent work environment. Competitive compensation package. Excellent schedule, flexible department and top opportunities for learning and growth.
A typical day here began by collecting all the data testing facilities had sent in over night. I enjoyed that because you would receive a lot over the evenings and it allowed me to come in and get straight to work. That helped me get in the working rhythm. This information generally was in regards to pre-employment and annual exams necessary for government employees and that information would be entered and reviewed by CHSi and sent back to our government clientele in an easily digestible manner. Much of the day was data entry, but also required communication with the examinees and facilities to accumulate all of the proper information to complete an exam. I learned a good deal about the importance of speed with accuracy regarding the data entry. I also learned a great deal about the battle for earning and retaining government contracts. It was highly competitive and meant a significant deal to CHSi in their total earnings. My coworkers were a broad mix of individuals, most with business degrees as a background, but there were a few other English majors like myself. Generally everyone worked in their own space and one contract group didn't communicate much with other contract groups, unless there was information that was missing. However, outside of the occupational side of things, this had to be one of the larger gossip centers I've been around since high school. The management was hit or miss. One department head, or manager of contract, may be the hardest working person in the entire group. Constantly inputting data, pursuing missing links and communicating with - more...
Pros
Work pace and work load
Cons
Gossip and low compensation
When you first come on board it appears to be friendly and welcoming. But once there you can see the revolving door. The training you received was minimal. Horrible upper management. In the drug screening department it was very high school cliquish. If management didn't like you or if you spoke up for anyone you were targeted.

The human resources director even left.

Most people made it a year if they were lucky. Very unprofessional place.
Benefits
Cons
Management, training, work load
Employees mostly work nonstop from the time the day begins until it is time to go home.
Rarely does anyone need to work on a weekend.

Co-workers are pleasant and willing to help if able to.

Many contracts have 1 nurse and 1 CSA working together on them.

Managers are approachable.

HR tries to promote camaraderie through company activities several times a year.

Because everyone works on contracts, there is not job security.

There is no official trainer. Learn job from assistant nurse manager and co-workers.
Review daily status breakdown reports, learned mutiple medical information from doctors, and nurses. hardest part of the job was accomodate all the needs of the IRS agents and National Park Rangers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the result of being able to help the Agents and Rangers especially at there most difficult time in the process.
Gained a wealth of experience in the Occupational Health Field. Great co-workers.
Pros
Great enviroment and co-workers
Cons
Management and Health Insurance