California Autism Center Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Not what I thought it would be
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2018
I was employed here for about a month or so and was randomly let go without warning. I worked with kids before for Teaching Fellows for nearly 3 years. This company is a joke. They constantly hire people and fire them for no reason. Me and 2 other ladies were hired and all let go. I called the office and asked after I was let go if they were hiring and the lady told me they were doing interviews that day. Many of the staff are under qualified for the positions they have. Read the bad reviews carefully because they all are true. If you want to work with kids I highly recommend Teaching Fellows because they give you breaks, you are paid more, and the company is better run than this sad joke of a center.
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, bad management
Poor management after the Original CEO was replaced
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 27, 2018
After the company was taken over by the new CEO, the company became more about the profit than the therapy for the children. The therapists and clients left the company soon after. Some employees were fired without an explanation. The staff members that stayed with the company was overworked. Some of the centers' needed repairs, after 6 months they finally examined the centers' problem for consideration. The budget was cut in all 3 centers soon after. My most enjoyable experiences were the special events they had for the kids and families. Also, all the therapist were awesome!
Pros
Great employees and the children are awesome
Cons
Lack of management
Not for those that know ABA
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2018
The company cares more about the money than the clients treatment. They have continuously pushed therapists to get their RBT credentials so that they could bill for anytime the therapist does anything for a client. Mind you, there has been an RBT certified therapist that has mentioned they do not understand why certain things are done (escape extinction). There are unqualified people in positions that require significantly more knowledge than they have. Therapists receive little to no training, and the training they do receive is mediocre, resulting in mediocre treatment. Scheduling is a nightmare as it is often random therapists getting thrown in with random clients that they have no knowledge about. On the outside, everything seems fine but once you begin to work closely with management and higher ups, you see that management will claim they want to see change, but then does nothing to improve treatment for the clients.
Cons
Mediocre Training, Care more about money than the clients
Terrible management
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 14, 2018
They care more about the money than the children. Therapists are not well trained. They’re abusive to the kids as well and they let that slide. That place is horrid.
Pros
The kids
Cons
The center
Overall, highly recommended.
BT (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 17, 2017
Good company that I think is only getting better. Major changes over the last 6 months, but overall positive. I think the training could be stronger but I hear that management is working on improving the system.
Pros
Amazing work with children with Autism.
Cons
Fast paced
Out with the old in with the new!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 16, 2017
So many lazy people that didn't like to work used to be employed here. Those people are slowly leaving and the people who really work and do their jobs are the ones who stay! Treatment integrity has improved tremendously, and the new management is professional, and best of all ETHICAL! Work here if you want a real job with benefits! Don't work here if all you want to do is sit around and get paid to do nothing.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Lunches, gift cards, good environment
Cons
Few holidays, working with the kids is not for the timid
Changing LIVES!!!
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 15, 2017
California Autism Center and Learning Group has gone through some BIG changes in the last few months. Overall, the changes are positive and clients there are starting to make so much progress. If you are looking for a satisfying job, this is your place
Was an awesome place to work before the ownership changed
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2017
This was a really nice place to work for a while until the management changed. The people running this company don't have the credentials to do so. The clients are the best part of the job but even then you aren't trained properly to conduct effective therapy. I would have recommended this place a year ago but I definitely wouldn't anymore.
Pros
The kids are amazing
Cons
The company is ran poorly
Fun, but can be stressful and overwhelming.
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93710April 17, 2017
If you love working with kids, definitely take your chance. I loved everything about this job although it can get tiring and overwhelming. The experience is worth it. You can easily move up if you put the time and effort in. It can be overwhelming when dealing with problem behavior. Knowing ABA will help you out.
Pros
Fun
Cons
overwhelming

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Autism Center. Our community is ready to answer.

California Autism Center Reviews by Location