California Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Caring staff. Good group of people.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942May 29, 2018
I loved the staff. Hours were fair. Staff was fair. They really worked around your schedule. Located in a shopping complex. Always something to do on lunch.
Pros
flexible hours
Great company
REO Asset Manager - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 11, 2018
I learned a lot while working here and enjoyed my time working here. I would have really like to have stayed with CBT, but the position I was hired for ultimately dissolved.
Slow, cheap and incredibly technologically inefficient.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2018
Meeting targets is encouraged but it is not as cutt-throat as other places. The systems are slow and dated and the processes in place are still driven by paper and slow. Many employees, both at the branch level and especially in back-office, take very initiative. Everyone is very scared to take any sort of ownership and instead takes every possible precaution for fear of retribution. It is without question a culture of people worried. Why? For the simple reason that everything runs at a snails pace and there is little incentive to grow and therefore they pay you a pittance and don't really care, or rather, don't really enforce if your production is up to par or not.
Pros
Very lax sales environment
Cons
Processes, support and tech really stink
Banking Schedule
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Everyday is different in my workplace. Some days you get to talk to people hows their weekend. You get to know them personally. Some days are busy you don't have time to engaged with them. The main good thing with this job is customer service you get to help people with their needs.
Pros
Office hours, meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Good Company
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2018
California Bank & Trust is an Excellent Company. I love working there. I only have good things to say about company and culture. Nothing wrong. Its a shame about other things.
Pros
Good Benefits
Great company
Senior Vice President / Business Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Great company. Very kind to employees. Customers receive excellent services. Full breath of products. Strong management and support of parent company.
Pros
People
Cons
Decentralized
Great support from direct management
Senior Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Intense work environment, but co workers are extremely helpful, as are local management. Work environment is mostly positive. Co workers work in a collaborative environment in order to meet/exceed customer satisfaction.
Productive and Close
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 8, 2018
This office is small and very friendly. We work well together and are flexible with people's personal situations. We pretty much know all our clients and I enjoy that. I enjoy knowing and having a friendly relationship with clients.
Seems nice at first but in the end the company is not ran well and their systems are very antiquated
Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 25, 2017
It started out as a good place to work but as time went by my Direct manager got to be just terrible and mean (apparently HR is well aware of this since she's had six employees transfer out or leave the company all together because of her in the last 2 years). The fact that they don't take care of their employees and you don't have the tools to do your job makes it just a big disappointment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management and HR, Terrible benefits
stress free little to no advancement
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2017
California bank & trust has a small local bank feel. Day to day included approval of bank reports Including but not limited to O.D reports , new accounts , approval of larger deposits , wires & cash approvals.
Pros
mostly stress fre
Cons
expensive dental & health benifits, no job adv.
Flexible,
Loan Servicer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 28, 2017
Typical day at work is always busy.. Learned about commercial loan portfolio servicing. Hours are flexible as long as you complete 8 hour day. Management has open door policy always welcome you with your suggestions.
I worked with 4 different managers, only ONE was awesome
Customer Services Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 11, 2017
this place is good however health care sucks, must pay for your own...manager at Tustin and Huntington Beach....2 faced. NIce knowing people were out to get you! Irvine manager, the BEST
Not well organized.
Vice President & Senior ABL Auditor (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 6, 2017
Not organized with clear direction. Key management did not cooperate with staff. Jobs eliminated with no notice. No clear approval method. Key employees held back.
Fun environment
Item processor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 3, 2017
Balance accounts, process checks and contact different banks re high dollar amount. Run checks thru IBM 7750. End of month statements . Word processing, spreadsheet
Good work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 1, 2017
California Bank & Trust is a full-service bank specializing in business banking and headquartered in San Diego, California

Good work environment and coworkers
Productive and great workplace
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 22, 2017
A great place to work. The complaint genuinely values their employees. The company offers amazing benefits, as well as a competitive salary. It has been a pleasure working for California Bank & Trust.
Productive, fast work paced environment
Temporary Employment Project (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 3, 2017
Satisfied with California Bank & Trust work environment. If working for this company you can learn a lot of new skills/computer skills. Very good company.
Fast-pace Environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 29, 2017
The day goes by pretty fast, never a dull moment. There's a lot of deadlines, a lot of last minute running around. It's a fun environment, but very fast pace.
Personal experience - advancement was impossible
SFR Construction Loan Administrator II and III (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 27, 2017
As much as I appreciate my time spent here, I personally felt held back as there were no opportunities of advancement - at least not at this location.
Benefits
Customer Service Manager, VP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2017
Horrible benefits and very expensive. Management in my region is horrible. She does not show any time of motivation to her employees.