California Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Good Bank to work for
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 28, 2019
It's not stressful work place. The bank started to focus and push sales, it was not like this when I started few years ago. But still not as bad as big banks. Benefits are not good.
Relatively stress-free environment with opportunity to advance in career
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAFebruary 20, 2019
During my time at California Bank and trust I gained the trust of my fellow employees with my thorough knowledge and experience from previous years of banking and financing. This confidence from my colleagues resulted in position certification and an opportunity for promotion.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Benefits could be a lot better.
Organization in transition
Senior Vice President/Corporate Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 22, 2019
CBT was a great place to work for the 20 years I was there. Over the last few years the bank was going through a transition as Zions Bank became more influential in the management of the bank.
Great Place to work
Vice President and Commercial Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2019
***** Great Place to work
***** Great Team Members
***** Good Advancement Opportunities
***** Competitive Salaries
***** Motivational
I managed a modern Corporate banking team.
Sr. Vice President and Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I was required to manage my cost center towards increased profitability. We worked in a modern corporate banking center, providing outstanding service to our customers.
Pros
Great leadership
Nice place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CADecember 19, 2018
I did enjoy working for California Bank & Trust. When they denied my time off for family reasons I was perplex. I left the job after that and filed for unemployment. They also denied that but a judge overruled that decision.
Benefits
Da Varies daily
1st Vice President and Manger (Current Employee) –  Encino and Santa Clarita, CaNovember 30, 2018
Days are diverse. Managing 2 branches with all the daily business and commercial banking activity with a focus on business banking and lending. Training, report generation, Drive the production and operating staffs. bottom line accountability. The portfolio is over 220MM.
Good community bank
VP, International Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2018
local operations with regional leadership to approach to help with decision making. Bank is modernizing technology and making a lot of organizational changes to improve it's bank services/client experience by leveraging the strength of the parent company (Zionsbancorp).
Pros
401k matching
Cons
lots of change within my division during the entire time I was there
Good
Banker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 28, 2018
This is a good company to work for. Mostly Asian clientele. They have good business loans. I enjoyed working here at the time, but I would not work here now.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Limited Locations
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep / Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2018
Every day was different - each day I learned something new either about banking and my job, or something from just talking to customers throughout the day. My favorite part of most days was seeing one of my favorite customers and hearing the updates on their lives and families. we saw the same group of customers come in each week.
Stressful, and cut-throat.
Special Assets Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 17, 2018
Poor manager, one way to do things, which was her way. Any other was in accurate. Hired for one position, that never materialized. Broken promises.
Pros
Co-workers were good.
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic deadlines, and objectives
excellent place to work
Credit Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 30, 2018
credit analysis, underwriting spreading of financial statements, covenant compliance, tracking DSCRs and covenants, follow up and monitoring of loan portfolio,
Pros
on the job learning
Cons
short lunches
Typical Bank Life
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAAugust 21, 2018
Working at CB&T as I understand it was a great place when they were not owned by Zions Bank, which buys up the smaller banks and makes them implement very rigid policies that are not employee or member friendly.
My favorite place that I have worked
AVP, Loan Closer - Real Estate Division (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 8, 2018
My favorite place that I have worked. Perfect mid size bank. Management has the ability to make decisions and move on them. The best parts from a large bank and small bank blended together.
great company to work for
CSR II/Universal Banker /Branch Ops Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 23, 2018
its a great company to work for... lots of benefits, great leadership. company thrives on elevating its employees to the highest levels. always willing to train so that employees can achieve greatness
Productive and Fun Work Place
Loan Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 23, 2018
California Bank and Trust, in La Habra CA was a very nice family like worked place. Opportunities to learn new functions within the dept. A very productive and fun workplace. Enjoyable part of job when ever a Holiday we had potlucks. But the operation dept ended and was moved to Houston Texas that was the most hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Salary
Caring staff. Good group of people.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942May 29, 2018
I loved the staff. Hours were fair. Staff was fair. They really worked around your schedule. Located in a shopping complex. Always something to do on lunch.
Pros
flexible hours
Great company
REO Asset Manager - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 11, 2018
I learned a lot while working here and enjoyed my time working here. I would have really like to have stayed with CBT, but the position I was hired for ultimately dissolved.
Slow, cheap and incredibly technologically inefficient.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2018
Meeting targets is encouraged but it is not as cutt-throat as other places. The systems are slow and dated and the processes in place are still driven by paper and slow. Many employees, both at the branch level and especially in back-office, take very initiative. Everyone is very scared to take any sort of ownership and instead takes every possible precaution for fear of retribution. It is without question a culture of people worried. Why? For the simple reason that everything runs at a snails pace and there is little incentive to grow and therefore they pay you a pittance and don't really care, or rather, don't really enforce if your production is up to par or not.
Pros
Very lax sales environment
Cons
Processes, support and tech really stink
Banking Schedule
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Everyday is different in my workplace. Some days you get to talk to people hows their weekend. You get to know them personally. Some days are busy you don't have time to engaged with them. The main good thing with this job is customer service you get to help people with their needs.
Pros
Office hours, meeting new people
Cons
short breaks