California Baptist University Employee Reviews

5 Star Review
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 5, 2018
I worked as an RA, an intramural referee, and a student section leader for Cal Baptist and it was wonderful.

I had various bosses throughout my time there and they were always very interested and invested in me.

My typical work day involved a weekly meeting, checking my schedule to see what games were coming up, and meeting with students for lunch, dinners, and events.

Loved my time there and my experience working for the school.
Wonderful place to work for nurses with Christ in their lives
Assistant Professor/College of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 24, 2018
Wonderful place to work for nurses with Christ in their lives. They encourage professors, staff as well as students to partake in an International Service Project annually. It is an awesome experience spreading the gospel around the globe.
Great Place to Work!
Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 24, 2018
There is always a blessing in working in a place that has a strong foundation in Crist. The people here are great to work with and the atmosphere in which is experienced on a daily basis is awesome! Such a positive place to be at!
Excellent Place to work
International Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 19, 2018
Loved the environment and loved the people there. Can't get a better place and team to work than that. Very focused on the mission and the target and so much respect for them.
Great environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2018
Great working environment, and Friendly people all around! Independently working most of the time. Maximum of 20 hours a week for student workers. Peaceful working environment.
I had a great experience working here.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92504September 27, 2018
I had a great experience working here. There was a lot to do as far as work in the two areas that I worked. Overall, the work environment was decent and the culture was acceptable. Wonderful pay and decent training for those who were not trained.
notetaker
Riverside - Notetaker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 25, 2018
basically, you write notes for students with disablities. very straightforward. does not pay much but it is good extra cash and looks great on a resume.
Limited opportunities to grow
OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 23, 2018
Great environment. Very good team. Good management. Excellent benefits. Not enough pay for the cost of living. Fast paced most of the year except for summer.
Pros
Team and environment
Cons
Pay and future growth
wonderful experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 19, 2018
Studying at California baptist was one of the greats decisions i had ever made. the staff is extremely understanding and compassionate to students/workers making it an extremely wonderful experience.
Productive and an encouraging workplace
Graduate Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 15, 2018
California Baptist University is a splendid place to work as the people are very welcoming and the management is very cooperative. I would recommend CBU to anyone who wants to work there.
Assistant Director of Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2018
Deeply enjoyed working within this type of culture and environment. As an Alumni of the University, it was easy to navigate the culture, but have heard it is harder for new hires outside the culture. Deeply enjoyed working here and was sad to leave.
Great Learning Experience
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 28, 2018
Great bosses and teams that are led towards success and growth. I had a great time working here I just needed to find a job outside of school to get more money.
Work Culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2018
CBU is filled with wonderful people to work with but hard people to work for. The hierarchy work culture definitely makes it hard for those that work within the company to feel like their voice is valued and heard. It's hard to feel appreciate at a University where most promotions happen due to tenure and not work performance. There are many people working there that are blinded by the company culture because they've been there so long.
Pros
Co-workers, On site gym
Cons
Administration, Bonuses, Hiring process length
Don't Recommend unless you are extremely religious
Cheerleading Coach (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2018
Hi was hired for a special set of skills, not because of my religious beliefs, but was told it was part of my job to attend biweekly church services. I didn't feel that they cared how well I did my job, and that their concern was more religious than anything.
Great starting place for students who have no work experience
Furniture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2018
At CBU I learned the importance of time management in balancing school and work.
The managers are extremely nice but reasonably strict as they're willing to teach and train the next generation of workers/leaders.
Ra at cbu
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2018
The RA program is great at CBU! Its run by great staff who challenge and support throughout college career! I wished I could stay longer at the CBU but it was a exciting and hard working time
Pros
great staff
Cons
limited term
Excellent introduction to mental health career
Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 18, 2018
The Counseling Center at California Baptist University is an outstanding training facility for anyone seeking a career as a marriage and family therapist. The work environment is extremely diverse and supportive. During a typical day at work, trainees and interns are exposed to a wide variety of opportunities to develop skills necessary to become mental health services provider.
Pros
Supervision, diversity of clients
Cons
No benefits for trainees
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2018
Christian place to work Christian organization Christian university put a high standard of God’s put God in the for front of the student and staff the motto is live your purpose and they stand by that
Flexible work hours and working directly under your supervisor
Mathematics Department Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 12, 2018
A decent way to make money and can be fun depending on the people that you work with and what you are told to do. Definitely something I will try to do again if I can't get a higher position with better pay.
Best environment
Associate Marriage and the Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2018
I love working here, all of the staff are extremely supportive, the demographics is a joy to work with, great support and I'm always taken care of. The hardest part is client's coming in and not canceling which is not on the administrator, there's a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.