California Baptist University Employee Reviews

wonderful experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 19, 2018
Studying at California baptist was one of the greats decisions i had ever made. the staff is extremely understanding and compassionate to students/workers making it an extremely wonderful experience.
Productive and an encouraging workplace
Graduate Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 15, 2018
California Baptist University is a splendid place to work as the people are very welcoming and the management is very cooperative. I would recommend CBU to anyone who wants to work there.
Assistant Director of Recreation Center (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 2, 2018
Deeply enjoyed working within this type of culture and environment. As an Alumni of the University, it was easy to navigate the culture, but have heard it is harder for new hires outside the culture. Deeply enjoyed working here and was sad to leave.
Great Learning Experience
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 28, 2018
Great bosses and teams that are led towards success and growth. I had a great time working here I just needed to find a job outside of school to get more money.
Work Culture
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 24, 2018
CBU is filled with wonderful people to work with but hard people to work for. The hierarchy work culture definitely makes it hard for those that work within the company to feel like their voice is valued and heard. It's hard to feel appreciate at a University where most promotions happen due to tenure and not work performance. There are many people working there that are blinded by the company culture because they've been there so long.
Pros
Co-workers, On site gym
Cons
Administration, Bonuses, Hiring process length
Don't Recommend unless you are extremely religious
Cheerleading Coach (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2018
Hi was hired for a special set of skills, not because of my religious beliefs, but was told it was part of my job to attend biweekly church services. I didn't feel that they cared how well I did my job, and that their concern was more religious than anything.
Great starting place for students who have no work experience
Furniture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2018
At CBU I learned the importance of time management in balancing school and work.
The managers are extremely nice but reasonably strict as they're willing to teach and train the next generation of workers/leaders.
Ra at cbu
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2018
The RA program is great at CBU! Its run by great staff who challenge and support throughout college career! I wished I could stay longer at the CBU but it was a exciting and hard working time
Pros
great staff
Cons
limited term
Excellent introduction to mental health career
Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 18, 2018
The Counseling Center at California Baptist University is an outstanding training facility for anyone seeking a career as a marriage and family therapist. The work environment is extremely diverse and supportive. During a typical day at work, trainees and interns are exposed to a wide variety of opportunities to develop skills necessary to become mental health services provider.
Pros
Supervision, diversity of clients
Cons
No benefits for trainees
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 17, 2018
Christian place to work Christian organization Christian university put a high standard of God’s put God in the for front of the student and staff the motto is live your purpose and they stand by that
Flexible work hours and working directly under your supervisor
Mathematics Department Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 12, 2018
A decent way to make money and can be fun depending on the people that you work with and what you are told to do. Definitely something I will try to do again if I can't get a higher position with better pay.
Best environment
Associate Marriage and the Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2018
I love working here, all of the staff are extremely supportive, the demographics is a joy to work with, great support and I'm always taken care of. The hardest part is client's coming in and not canceling which is not on the administrator, there's a lot of opportunities to learn and grow.
Great environment to learn and grow
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 14, 2018
Within my position at California Baptist University, I was able to not only be a team player but always be a leader. I loved being able to help my community and make it a better place to live.
California Baptist University
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 7, 2018
CBU is driven to work and grow as a team. They are very intentional about pouring into their employees. There are a variety of different positions varying from working the grounds to assisting professors with grading.
Great Job
Sports Announcer, Stats (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2018
Great, fun and easy job. Very supportive and encouraging to new announcers, training is great especially for sports you know nothing about. Easy to work with
Pros
Easy
My tasks
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2018
In my current position as a Customer Service Attendant I am required to welcome people coming in the CBU Recreation Center. Additionally, I transmit information to clients, answer the phone, schedule appointments, and inspect the facility for safety and cleanliness
Assistant couch to the Speech and Debate team.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  California Baptist University Business buildingMarch 6, 2018
I would show up to class, and listen to people give speeches that they wrote. I would tell them what went well and what they need to work on. Then after class was over I would leave.

I learned how to communicate effectively to others and showed them how to communicate.

I learned how to manage other people into a speech tournament.

The work place was competitive.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours over the weekend.

Most enjoyable was seeing do well and practice what I thought them.
Pros
I had good hours
Cons
no health care
The best environment that I have lived.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2018
Everybody is awesome and they really care about all stakeholders. Also, it is very flexible and all co-workers are more like friends. I really recommend CBU
Productive and Fun
Line Chef at Provider (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2018
I have learned how to build network, customer relationship

Management was very supportive and helped every employee with required training skills to learn the work and be productive

The most enjoyable part of the job was to serve food to all university students and work ethnicity
Cooperative colleague
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2018
All staffs are always helpful. every day I learned an all of things. I am a student and it is useful for me to work with professors and improve my knowledge in almost all areas.