California Baptist University Employee Reviews

California Baptist University
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 7, 2018
CBU is driven to work and grow as a team. They are very intentional about pouring into their employees. There are a variety of different positions varying from working the grounds to assisting professors with grading.
Great Job
Sports Announcer, Stats (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2018
Great, fun and easy job. Very supportive and encouraging to new announcers, training is great especially for sports you know nothing about. Easy to work with
Pros
Easy
My tasks
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2018
In my current position as a Customer Service Attendant I am required to welcome people coming in the CBU Recreation Center. Additionally, I transmit information to clients, answer the phone, schedule appointments, and inspect the facility for safety and cleanliness
Assistant couch to the Speech and Debate team.
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  California Baptist University Business buildingMarch 6, 2018
I would show up to class, and listen to people give speeches that they wrote. I would tell them what went well and what they need to work on. Then after class was over I would leave.

I learned how to communicate effectively to others and showed them how to communicate.

I learned how to manage other people into a speech tournament.

The work place was competitive.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours over the weekend.

Most enjoyable was seeing do well and practice what I thought them.
Pros
I had good hours
Cons
no health care
The best environment that I have lived.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 4, 2018
Everybody is awesome and they really care about all stakeholders. Also, it is very flexible and all co-workers are more like friends. I really recommend CBU
Productive and Fun
Line Chef at Provider (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 2, 2018
I have learned how to build network, customer relationship

Management was very supportive and helped every employee with required training skills to learn the work and be productive

The most enjoyable part of the job was to serve food to all university students and work ethnicity
Cooperative colleague
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 25, 2018
All staffs are always helpful. every day I learned an all of things. I am a student and it is useful for me to work with professors and improve my knowledge in almost all areas.
Great job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Wonderful work environment with room for growth. Many opportunities to learn new skills. Required a great amount of interpersonal communication. Overall was a good experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short shifts
Fun and God centered place to work
Student Leadership (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Loved getting to know everyone I worked with and also worked for. Loved the classroom atmosphere and working with the freshman students. Overall the experience was something that I would recommend to anyone.
Good work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Its a good place to work and encourage us to work more productively. Staff is very supportive and its a great place to work. It gives us opportunities to put our skills into use.
time management and fun workplace with cleanliness
Physical Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I was a student worker, for on campus restaurant as a server. I had to manage all the food items, packing, refilling, distributing, arranging. The workplace was really good and clean. All my co workers were very helpful. Together we used to work to make our restaurant better as much as possible.
fun and caring place
None (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Never worked there but was a great place to go to school. The staff is very helpful and the professors go out of their way to assist the students. I did my undergrad (Criminal Justices) as well as my Masters (counseling psychology).
Pros
Cons
non
Productive work space full of opportunities to grow
GRADUATE ASSISTANT, OUTDOOR ADVENTURE (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 31, 2018
An excellent work culture filled with unique opportunities to grow through challenging development related tasks. Growth is encouraged and intended throughout the school year.
Pros
great office culture, meal plan included, balanced work schedule, excellent career growth
Cons
compensation
CBU - A great place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 12, 2018
I have been working as a faculty member at CBU for the last 2+ years, and I must say it has been a great experience. The warm culture and environment at CBU make it a very encouraging place to teach and learn.
Pros
Great people, Flexible schedule, Nice campus
Productive and Caring.
Club Secretary (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2018
I really liked this organization as they help to take care of the community and is always looking for opportunities to help those in need. I really enjoyed being a part of the team.
Set up and Tear down crew (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 9, 2017
Working to set up chapel was relaxed and casual, but didn't provide enough hours. The workers are very friendly. The best part of the job was having a manager that understood when I couldn't make it in to work.
Good job during school
Teaching Assistant - Anatomy and Physiology I lab (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 8, 2017
My professor was reasonable and helpful with answering my questions about teaching the class. The students were respectful and well behaved in class, and I felt like teaching the class cemented my knowledge of the material.
Great place to work and learn
Student Assistant for IT Services (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 25, 2017
Work here is fun as we get to learn a lot. I work on the hardware and software aspects in the IT Services. I help the staff/faculty and students with their computers. The hardest part is when we are flooded with tickets and we have to help all of them before a certain time.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
Not enough hours to work
Wonderful People to Work with
History Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 21, 2017
Wonderful people to work with and a great job for a student. The environment is relaxed and they are willing to work with you on your hours. Everyone is extremely nice and enjoyable to work with.
Productive and nice work place.
Public Safety Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 26, 2017
It was really nice work place. I learn a lot about the new things that happing in the. business. such a nice experience working with different group of people and verities of culture.