California Casualty Management Company Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Professional environment and Productive place to work.
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Work days were very busy from processing to reconciliations. Assisting staff with processing issues consumed most of my business day time, therefore, I worked extended hours.

Management was very supportive and allowed me to manage the department as needed.

Prior to my terminating from the organization, the organization was restructuring (centralizing) and my department was targeted to relocate out of state. Ultimately, I decided to leave the organization and remained in California at that time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was reconciliations. Implementing a new system to gain better automated processes and controls.
Pros
The opportunity to be apart of the automated changes for the organization, Hr, Benefits and Payroll department.
Small insurance company
consultant (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CA and Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2017
Old company culture with lots of backstabbing and and unwillingness to accept new ideas or future thinking. Loved the company at first, but co-workers made it extremely difficult to become part of their 'team'
Pros
nice building; benefit package
Cons
Old fashioned company culture
A compmany that knows what living by values means.
HST Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 19, 2017
This position no longer exists at California Casualty, so typical work day is N/A.

The company is the best company I have ever worked for. As with any company there is drama and the drama can increase with closeness and caring that California Casualty culture provides.

Leadership knew how to live by values set by the company and knew how to train others what that meant! I have yet to work for a company that could even come close to doing that the way they did. I hope they are the same. today.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Growth and moving up can be slow
The beginning of my career
Workers Compensation Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 3, 2016
It was California Casualty where I learned about the California Work Comp arena. They not only providing training but also gave me the opportunity to take classes to enhance my knowledge in Work Comp
Professional company with good career environment
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 18, 2015
Great company to work for. Values their employees. No negatives to my employment. Long hours but it is a fun position. Nice career position for those who look at it as a career rather than just a job.
Great Place to Work
Vice President, Management Company (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 24, 2015
California Casualty is a reciprocal insurance carrier with a variety of opportunities. I found them to be highly ethical and moral. Decisions were made for the right reasons and implemented appropriately. I highly recommend California Casualty as great place to work for both the entry level employee as well as the seasoned insurance professional.
Great Place, would still be there if I did not move accross the country
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 16, 2014
Learned a great deal about Insurance. Made very good friends. Honed people skills as I dealt with the public.
Pros
Rescarch involed and casual attite.
Cons
Strange hours
Worked well as a team player
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2014
See resume for tasks which were done on a daily basis.
I learned to be a team player, and the ability to work on my own independently getting claims settled in a timely manner and within the correct monetary amounts.
I worked well with policyholders, claimants, attorneys to reach the correct settlement-nationwide.
I enjoyed working with people, I received many compliments regarding my customer service skills and the fact that I was always willing to help other team members when needed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
None that I can think of at tis time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Casualty Management Company. Our community is ready to answer.

California Casualty Management Company Reviews by Location