California Coast Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fast Paced and very productive institution
Teller (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 10, 2018
Days were always busy, especially the beginning and ending of the months. The team at my branch were AMAZING! Fun and friendly always willing to help!
Lots of challenges
PFR (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 8, 2018
This credit union is nothing but a bunch of middle-management that likes to micromanage their employees and does not care about retaining top performers. I’ve worked for Cal Coast for a few years now and I can honestly say that they do not care about their employees but all they do care is about the bottom line, and although they say that their members are their everything, they force their employees to squish the bread-and-butter out of every member. I like and respect that there needs to be a sales culture, but we are being underpaid. My friend at Mission fed, makes $3 an hour more than me and has less experience than me. Also, the benefits for families are completely ridiculous: you have to pay approximately $600 between dental, vision and medical, mine as well have my own insurance. If this credit union, and our c level management showed that they care about their employees, it would make a difference. Stop micromanaging, and let us assist our members naturally. I had to go through this PSS class, it was a scripted training on how to talk to people: give me a break, this place has almost guaranteed PTSD in my near future.
Pros
Branch employees are fun to work with
Cons
Favoritism, Controlling Management and Micromanaging
Work Environment Stress
IT (Former Employee) –  Spectrum Blvd.February 11, 2018
The company has an excessive amount of employees, and not enough support for them. The senior employees backstab the new ones to make them look bad, and they work very hart at it. The culture is about "People backstabbing people", instead of "People helping people".

Horrible people to work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Culture of backstabbers.
job
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2018
To balance my drawer, process checks. process loans, process check batches. The work was so good. When we where short staff. Trying to take your lunch on time because you have an a sign times
Pros
not working weekends
Cons
braeks
Good company to work for
Branch Supervisor/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Enjoyable place to work.potential to advance. I enjoyed working with members and problem resolution. Providing exceptional member service and cross selling products to help members meet needs and simplify their lives.
Pros
working with people to meet financial needs.
Cons
Disciplining employees
In transition
Executive (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 11, 2017
In transition and trying to find maturity. Folksy company that heavily relies on vendors due to low talent maturity. Retention of top talent is a major problem in my opinion.
Stressful and poor managed environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2017
Executive Management and Middle Managers don't care about their employees at all. It's all about production, sales, being coached about we can do better on our sales. It has become like Wells Fargo, very cut throat and not the usual credit union environment where service is top priority. Sales goals were irrealistic, management at the branch level would share how frustrated they are with the unrealistic sales goals and while they have worked there for a long time they got micro managed which means we got micro managed. I worked at a bank previously and actually loved working there because management could focus on us instead of having to focus on us only for sales. Life work balance was horrendous, the word stress is a joke, I was less stressed at a bank then at this credit union.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Sales goals, Management
Personal Financial Representative
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillcrest, CANovember 14, 2017
I have nothing but great things to say about this company. They care for their employees and hire great people. I only left to pursue a career in another field, if not for that I'd still be there.
Cons
It is very stressed environment taking calls all day long Non-Stop management is not supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
It is very stressed out environment taking calls after calls with no brakes members got called in a very abusive management does not take these calls and Staffing is very short staff so working with our hands on the keyboard for 8 hours straight
Pros
Cons
Very stressful
Work in silos, not teams
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Avoid this place at all costs. Upper management does not get along, staff is only interested in covering their mistakes, constant finger pointing, unruly C-Level executives, promotions go to the gals that wear short skirts.
Pros
Wellness Committee
Cons
Low pay, horrible upper management
Lots of Favoritism and poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2017
Favoritism runs rampant at this San Diego branch. You can be a model employee and be your best however managers will only recognize your mistakes and misgivings. When other favorited employees make the same mistake, it’s often overlooked. Managers seems stagnant in their positions and act as if they don’t care or micromanage. Retraining is in order.
Pros
Sick and Vacation time is great!
Cons
Micromanaging, need HR training
Positive work environment
Teller II (Former Employee) –  8002 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, Ca 91942August 21, 2017
Working at the California Coast Credit Union was positively constructed. As a staff, I faced challenge daily. Despite the daily challenges, I received positive feedback from the management.
Pros
Great compensation and benefit
Member Service Rep
Member Service Rep 1 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2017
Overall the company treats you pretty well as an employee. Management in certain departments especially the call center needs to be refreshed or switched up. Most of the lower level management is clueless.
Pros
So much free food, generous PTO
Cons
Call center extremly busy. Old management
a typical day at work
Financial Representative III (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 9, 2017
learn something new every day, get along and respect management, teamwork in the workplace, the hardest part of the job was not being able to help everyone, i really enjoy working customer service.
Management needs to improve.
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2017
CCCU takes 4-6 months to process a home loan with only 18 mandatory closed loans. Not sure why it take that long, management may not take job seriously.
Pros
Great monthly potlucks.
Cons
Not very professional
Productive and fun workplace where member's best interest is at heart
Teller (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2016
A typical day at our branch is usually fast pace where we use team work to accomplish the day's goals. The core of our service is to make sure sure the member leaves with the best quality service we can provide. I'm usually in a fast moving environment where multi-taasking along with safety is a big key for success. I stand or sit at a computer while processing our member's request with their accounts. Quality and speed are the keys to success. We all pitch in as a team, including management if need be, to help our members.
Pros
Free lunches, team work, fun environment
Cons
Short Breaks
great place to work
Sr. Collector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2015
working at a credit union with a small group was enlighening experience . we got to know each other in a short period of time and management was always there to support us. we always enjoyed each others company .
Pros
got a montly get together off campus free breakfast
Cons
none that i knew of
good place to work, but some management not so good
Loan Servicing Specialist III/ Notary Public (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed working with everyone at Cal Coast, from upper management to all tellers in the branches.
fun learning expirence
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  La Mesa,CAJune 18, 2014
Learn a lot and can make your way u fairly quickly. Very proficient in continued learning
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
can be stressful
Great company to work for.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAMay 22, 2014
Management always had a positive attitude about everything. Easy to talk to and always made the workplace fun.