California Correctional Health Care Services

California Correctional Health Care Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Experience that Affect my whole life
Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 28, 2018
I used to be a state employee, but after a common mistake for only after working here about 3 months in which one month was orientation (which I admitted) if you work in a SNF or other places that will give you another chance and teach you to be better, they punished me for life (until I'm 71 years old) and they won't rehire me again because of this. And they're excuse is because I was on probation. But they don't even willing to re-train me to be better, just fired me. I'm so disappointed. And been trying to get back but couldn't. I wasted a lot of times and money to go to different interviews in different prisons but they don't ever call me back.
Cons
No forgivess
I would start here as a new grad Psych Tech
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 4, 2017
New prison and its still not organized as other institutions. High turnover with PT's and RN's. Great to begin a promotion position but most leave to other facilities. New everything which is a plus.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management/turn over with staff
Great Place to Work
Mechanical Technical Occupational Trainee (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 11, 2017
Great manager, great team, and great HR staff. Opportunities to grow when you take a step forward and ask your manager for available opportunities. Highly recommend.
Awful Executive
Chief Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 9, 2017
The CEO and Warden are horrible and it creates a paranoid, stressful culture. The work would be fine except that people spend more time gossiping and undermining each other.
Welcoming team environment with friendly co-workers.
Classification & Pay Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMarch 10, 2017
Knowledgeable management with flexible work schedules. Close to home and easy commute. Team environment and willing to help employees developed their state career.
Constantly changing opportunities.
Project Manager/Health Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 30, 2016
There are no shortage of opportunities to be impactful within this organization. The work is challenging and make an immediate impact on the surrounding community.
the experience was the best
Communication Associate (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 12, 2016
I totally enjoyed my job..my boss..my co-workers! I enjoyed the experience of being able to work on the prison grounds.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No permenant position
Fun working place
Sr. Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 16, 2015
Had fun working in this organization & cooperative higher officials, felt like working in home atmosphere.

Good to work & best place to gain the knowledge
a good place to work
Sr. Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAApril 1, 2015
This is a great opportunity when first getting out of school. It's a good starting wage and good benefits; standard State position wage and benefits. It's also a great opportunity for someone who knows how to work the system. There are many management positions that make better money than what they would find in the private sector.
Fast and Furious, very exciting nursing Jobs.
Supervising Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  All Areas of CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2015
Nursing Jobs means caring, if you are able to complete years or retired in any Correctional Facility serving inmate patients, then it is more than caring.

The pay and benefits are higher than any Civilian, State or Federal Job.

SRN II, CF
Pros
Many Department Choices
Cons
Unpredictable and may become dangerous
A typical day at work
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2013
To Work with CCHCS is a typical day at work. the only thing matters that you are completing your work on time.
Constantly changing parameters, very productive, wonderful staff!
Health Record Center Clerk; ROI Department (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 19, 2012
Management is very approachable, flexible and fair. There are many learning opportunities for different tasks, and in different departments. Management is receptive to employees being cross trained on informal basis. Health Record Center has about 700,000 medical record charts; retrieving, returning, drop filing and shifting charts is a physically demanding job. I have learned numerous tasks including: taking, transcribing, and distributing minutes at high level meetings, to QA/QC, and scanning paper records into electronic format, and reviewing, prepping, redacting, and copying medical records for Subpoenas.
Pros
tamales delivered on fridays!
Cons
30 minute lunch, no nearby shopping or restaurants

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Correctional Health Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.

California Correctional Health Care Services Reviews by Location