California Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Retail Banking Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Working there was a great experience. The people are friendly. It was like a family. We went thru a lot of changes while there and we stuck it out like a family.
Fun place to work.
Member Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 31, 2018
California Credit Union is a great company to work for, and great employees and members. Although with the merge there has been some difficult members, overall good company.
Productive and fun working place
Senior CRE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 11, 2017
My manager provided plenty of opportunity to advance my career. In addition, opportunity to learn and grown within the company.

Great benefits, flexible work schedules, very customer friendly environment.

Great work environment
Horrible place to work
MSR/Teller (Current Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CASeptember 14, 2017
In my opinion your better off working for a major bank than to work for this credit union. If you like being micro managed and constantly harassed by all levels of managemrnt then you will like working here.
Pros
Cons
Management, training, pay
Fun workplace and friendly environment
Sr. Underwriter/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 30, 2017
Fun workplace friendly environment
The merger has cost a lot of good workers to leave the company. They also should disclose everything during the interview that they are going through merger and what changes might happen. Once the person is aware what is going on with the company will be able to make wiser decision as if it's a proper time to join the company or not.
Pros
Fun workplace friendly environment and the best manager I ever worked with.
Cons
going through merger. Need to learn about lending. They don't listen to thier employees
Average
Consumer Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 3, 2017
Average place to work. Average benefits. Average management. Recently merges with another credit union. Main branch in Glendale. Sales and goal oriented.
okay
MSR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 26, 2017
okay place to work. Benefits: Employee discounts on loans, paid parking, 401k plan, not too expensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.

No longer have summer picnics or holiday party.
Cons
Clique driven
Crazy Work/Life Balance
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
Fantastic Place to be, many co-workers come from other lending institutions and have the same opinion. If you want to go to a place where everyone is ridiculously nice than this is the place to be.

I come from previous industries and have the same opinion as my co-workers do. .
productive and fun
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  glendale, californiaJune 12, 2017
A typical day answering the phone line helping customers with there online banking or there checking or saving account and debit cards. I learned to be very patient with customers over the phone in a high volume of calls. The culture was multi-culture. The hardest part of the job was the customers that maybe will give you a hard time, but I was able to manage. The enjoyable was the fast pace of calls and co-workers.
Pros
free lunches, celebrating birthdays of the month
Cons
health care
Great place to start
Sr Banker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 9, 2017
Great place to work, nice atmosphere, Supportive Staff.
Lovely walks through the plaza is nice, nice restaurants close by,
Great place to grow parking available.
Pros
member service appreciation lunches
Cons
temporary assignment
Great team environment
Financial Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
This company has allowed me to discover my strengths as well as my weaknesses. Through multiple positions, I have been able to acquire additional skills that have allowed me to become who I am today.
Pros
Sundays off.
Cons
Removal of casual Fridays.
No fun time, just numbers and production
Banking Investment Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 12, 2017
Banking usually isn't too fun. The company requires major production and output. No fun time and games are not allowed. The corporate culture is stiff and hardcore.
Pros
company dinners
Cons
Small place lots of nice people
Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 8, 2017
Was there when the mortgage division laid off hudnreds of people. Performed varieties of mortgage functions that would have required 4 employees to perform.
Pros
Small
Cons
Small
Family work environment, great members
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
A great Credit Union to work for. Credit Unions are hard to get hired because they are picky with who they hired. This Credit Union gives you a chance to learn from them.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
no job that you work with money is a stable job
Extremely fast paced work environment, but also very rewarding.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 17, 2017
A day at work would usually consist of many things. Such as, answering telephones, taking deposits and withdrawals from members, opening up new accounts, taking credit card payments, and the list goes on. The work in this place was definitely doable, but it required a lot of multitasking. I learned so much during this job experience, such as banking terms and how to open accounts, plus all that goes into maintaining the order of a bank. The management I was also extremely pleased with, the managers here always went above and beyond in assisting me in anything I needed help with. Plus, they also encouraged and help me in being the best I could be at my job. The most difficult part of this job, was sometimes having months were sales weren't so good, because of business being slow, which ultimately affected my commission. However, this did not happen too often. I mostly enjoyed this job, because I was given the opportunity to interact with people on a daily basis and help them with their financial needs.
Pros
Holiday parties, events, and free lunches.
Cons
Healthcare was only available to those in full time positions.
working with teachers and schools districts finding there nitch for financial goals
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 25, 2015
this this job you are able to build a bond for you not only help them with daily withdrawals but also long term financial goals. buying a car or setting a new credit card is a decision that is best with someone you trust.
Pros
handling high limit cash/flow and managing daily operations
Cons
not enough cliental, this was a new branch
Great working environment, and great staff!
Member Services Representative II (Head Teller) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CaliforniaApril 23, 2015
Over the years, I have learned to better manage time when things are due and it has made me acquire managerial skills that I need for future use.
California Credit Union
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2014
The California Credit Union is very colleague focused and provides breakfast every Friday.
Multitasking and productive
Teller (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAOctober 14, 2014
My typical day at California Credit Union begins by reading over daily bank reports and making sure everything in the branch's security was done correctly from the day before. Every day I prep my coworkers to push for their sale goals and how to improve their work performance. Customer service is a very important thing we stress about. If the customers are not happy with the bank's service then we make sure to go above and beyond for them. It is an incredible feeling when the customer gives us positive feed back. It is what we thrive for.
Pros
assisting customers and amazing team
Cons
Computer systems are outdated
Excellent place to work.
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Downey, CA.April 12, 2014
Excellent place to work. Great Benefits. Strong support staff.