California Institute of Arts & Technology

• Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness

It was a mixed bag

CIAT has a solid mission statement and does it best to uphold it. The problem is the lack of consistency. Goals are constantly changing making it hard to know what the latest priority is. Some times it is certifications, other times it is maintaining enrollment. This constant change made it difficult to keep focused.While some managers are level headed, others are petty. While the CEO and VP have a good head on their shoulders, lesser managers feel like "yes" people, which leads to stagnation.You will most likely not get a raise, so you should not expect it. They do offer a decent salary depending on your qualifications

Pros

Pre-made curriculum, experience peers to guide you, flexible teaching schedule

Cons

priorities keep changing. Managers can be petty at times.

I can say I truly enjoyed and looked forward to going to work while employed at CIAT

The best part of working at CIAT is that the CEO/Owner cares about his employees and his students. Everyone is friendly and gets along well. Everyone works hard as a team to ensure the students receive the best possible training and education. I loved working at CIAT.

Pros

Meeting all the students and knowing I had a helping hand in guiding their future

Cons

If I have to point out a cons, I would say maybe too many meetings.

Poor management

Admissions director was rude and not a good leader, he pushed me to quit, and he got fired the following week. Staff dont really know what they are doing. HR guy was awesome.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Bad management

Productive and fun place of employment

Great working environment in which you get to assist others and be an important part to their success. The management was cooperative with allowing opportunities for success and growth within the company. The company/school is rather small so the staff felt like family.

a very good place to work

My role at CIAT was very important to keeping the students on task at completing their training and ensuring that the course taken where relevant to the positions that they where interested in.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Enjoyable

Despite any shortcomings, I enjoy my work at CIAT because I love being an educator and helping develop the leaders of tomorrow. I am doing something I love and getting paid to do it (even if I think it should be more, but that's another story.)

Learned a lot and great people

Had a lot of great and fun coworkers. Liked the culture, good benefits, competitive with bigger schools. Couldn’t pass another opportunity, but I am very thankful to time everyone for helping me in my career growth.

Biggest Mistake

Everyone starts out hopeful that they can change the culture or standards... and then everyone is eventually disappointed by a management team who are unwilling to see the problems they have directly created and fix them.

Great place to work, small enough where your ideas and suggestions are heard. I have worked in high volume environments, and this is not it. Pay in line with market, based on my own experience, and better benefits than some of the larger companies. I can't speak about everyone's experiences but the negative comments below do not do justice to the place.

Do not work here!

CIAT will work you to the bone, under pay you and will still accuse you of not working hard enough. it is highly mismanaged and there is no support what so ever from anyone. You can be thrown under the bus at any moment by your own manager simply to save themselves. Advancement opportunities are none existent here, and they are very misleading when initially telling you this is a "starting company with lots of growth opportunities". Very toxic environment, save yourself the headache.

Cons

Toxic environment, poor management, unethical practices

Jobs at California Institute of Arts & Technology

See more jobs

Do Not Work Here

CIAT is very mismanaged. Employees are overworked and undervalued. Policies are not followed, there is no support by management. When there are valuable suggested made by staff that will make the experience of the students better, in addition to make processes run more smoothly, they are quickly shot down. Management is also highly disorganized and does not know what they are doing.

Poor management, no structure, no improvement

Company is still a start up and run by people who have no experience in higher education or managing a company of this size. Management does not listen or value employees feedback. Experience the same problems over and over. Staff is overworked and company understaffed. No integrity within the company and management will ask employees to do things that are not ethical (like forging documents). Poor management of employees and violations of HR laws like hostile work environment. Staff of only 25 and lost 8-10 employees within 6 months. Not a good company to work for if you value yourself.

Pros

Some of the people there are great, pay and benefits are decent

Cons

Everything else

Great Place To Go To School

This place makes it look like it is a great place to both go to work and also go to school! I do not work here, I go to school but the environment is amazing.

A Good Certification School

Worked here part-time helping students certified in their chosen IT subject.

Productive and busy work environment

This is a start-up school, mostly involved in IT Networking. The school is primarily online although boot camp courses are often scheduled. The student environment is more mature and professional.

Pros

free coffee, clean environment

Cons

business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Institute of Arts & Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

California Institute of Arts & Technology Reviews by Location