California Institute of Integral Studies Employee Reviews

Amazing place friendly personnel
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2018
People are amazing! I so not in the mood writing any essays right now and don't want to be forced! Love CIIS to pieces. Would work there again situation allows.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Great benefits!!!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2018
It is a non profit, so the pay is below average; however, the culture and the benefits compensate for the low pay. It is a relaxed and collaborative work environrment where you feel a warm sense of community. Unfortunately, there are not many opportunities to advance and there lacked a system for evaluating employees.
Challenging but Fun Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I really appreciate the guidance and challenges that I obtained as a Teaching Assistant working with graduate students. The array of duties kept the work exciting. I also loved the continued interaction that I had with the faculty and students.
Constant turnover from top to bottom
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 25, 2017
An institution under great turmoil and distress. Poorly managed, no HR department to speak of; staff are mistreated and un-mentored; once they lost their APA ranking, everything was ruined, top to bottom.
Rewarding environment with lots of support
Publications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2017
Here's an educational organization that truly combines the more meaningful spiritual journey with the career-building opportunities so that one finds what one is truly searching for.
Pros
Supportive, meaningful community
Integral Education
psychology professor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 11, 2015
The institution is an educational setting that provides students, faculty and staff with an integral approach to working and learning.
Relaxed environment, committed and engaged faculty.
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2013
I definitely enjoy working at CIIS. It is both intellectually engaging and spiritually inspiring. Teaching is a fulfillment activity and part of my practice. Being aware that what I do has an impact and future resonance is a big part of what motivates me. Taking seriously the body mind spirit connection also plays a big role in why I chose to work here.