California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

Great place for advancement
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2019
CPK is a great place for advancement if you want to build your career. Lots of promotional opportunities if you put your time in. The down side are the hours and micro managing. If you are looking for a place that will let you be great with minimal supervision, CPK will probably not fit your needs. Overall, great company to work for. They care about heir employees and encourage people to be who they really are!
Pros
Free Meals, Manager dine out card, Paid vacation, Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, Micro-managing
Great Place to work
pizza chef (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 19, 2019
easy fast paced restaurant all pizza are hand made and with premium ingredients . Staff is friendly and helpful . Learned how to make pizzas from scratch .
Dull and dumb place
Bartender and DSL (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 16, 2019
Managers ask too much of you, don't give any sort of reward so it's like why even botther? Servers all hate each other, are constantly competing to be the best and take home the most money, and since there's no tip-pool no one really helps each other. A very poor work culture here
Overall a great place to work throughout college
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2019
I would highly recommend this job to anyone who is unsure of what they want out of a career while attending college or having just graduated high school. The money is great and hours flexible. It might not seem easy at first, but I've learned through CPK that anything can become easy when you put in enough time and effort.

The only reason I am leaving CPK is to look for a place where I can grow more. I have no desire to move into management, so there is no higher position for me to achieve at this point.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Zero room for advancement
Its a great place to work
Busser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2019
I like the people and i also enjoy the environment
Its fast pace and i like that.
Its a great job overall i recommend anyone to work here
If you like to move and. Meet new faces
Great hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I worked lunch here for 4 years, steady income for a part time job. Most days I made full time money working part time hours. Great discounts and system set in place for customers.
Pros
Great food and company
Cons
Located in a shopping mall
Supportive and positive company
Designated Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I truely enjoyef my time at CPK i feel as if it was one of the best places i could have worked...it is a supportive company to its employees at every level.
My time at CPK was some of the best time i spent as far as work enviroment i was given free run at the holidays ro which i had brought efforts for noth employee and customer to be involved in the angel tree program with the salvation army.i was also responsible for oir non profit childerns parties.
I moved up very quickly and found the company and my cowrkers support.
Fast Paced
Accurately document orders and partner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
Its a great place to work and its very fast paced during the busy season. I always had a full section and happy customers. Don't get me wrong, working in the mall has its challenges but it was a great place to work.
Cpk
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I honestly don't believe that CPK was a bad place to work. However, they didn't treat me very well. The general manager didn't even know my name after months.
Pros
money
Cons
disrespected
Management was trash
Server (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Management is pretty bad at this location. I've thought about complaining to corporate multiple times due to management refusing to give days off for months at a time, yelling and swearing at employees in front of guests, and lying. One would think that adults over the age of 30 would know how to behave in management positions - CPK proved me otherwise.
Pros
I liked my co-workers
Cons
Management, never fades, not flexible with schedule
Don't do it
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 5, 2019
Just don't. Trust me.You will hate working there. Management is horrendous. Everyone that works there hates it. They have a high turnover rate due to poor management, every day is terrible.
Pros
some people you work with are cool
Cons
everything
Great Coworkers and a fun, relaxed environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91504December 24, 2018
It was the best job that was offered to me. I enjoyed working there a lot and hated that I had to relocate. I wanted to stay but had to leave due to school.
Rude employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2018
Other employees would talk behind your back or dumb you down. They'll be nice to your face but working there is a competition. Management doesn't really care. They have like six assistant managers and they're really unsanitary about cups and utensils. You also won't ever get a break unless you're lucky when working a double, which is basically your whole day.
Pros
you can use phones sometimes
Cons
no breaks/ rude employees/ competitive
cpk
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
CPK is a fast paced environment, if you like to stay busy and engage a team, you will enjoy working with cpk. The company has a good culture and great training program.
Pros
Pto, insurance.
Cons
long hours.
Fast Paced and Comfortable Environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  1493 Saint Louis Galleria St. Louis, MO 63117December 11, 2018
This was my first server job but they made sure to teach me everything I needed to learn and made sure to train me with other experienced servers so you learn exactly what you need to know. I enjoyed how we were a family and were supportive of each other on the job. We made sure to help each other when you saw someone too busy to get a refill or bring food to their table. There were days where some of the managers where a bit disorganized or we were short staffed. Other than that it was a good experience.
Productive and energetic workplace
Bartender / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 7, 2018
Received extensive training and gained many skills in the service industry from the restaurant. Management was also supportive and helpful as was the rest of the staff.
Average
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 1, 2018
Working at California Pizza Kitchen is an average job. Its great to get experience when it comes to fast paced work, wet and hot conditions and dealing with the every day stresses in the kitchen. Other then that, At my job site, the co workers and management all had a mutual respect for one another
Pros
discounted lunches, good work environment
Cons
fast paced, stressful
Fast paced restaurant
Server (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 30, 2018
Its a fast paced work environment. One of the great things is that you don't tip out too much. On the downside is that the busser doesn't really help the server that much.
Good place to work with right management
server/ busser (Former Employee) –  Kahala, HINovember 28, 2018
Working at California Pizza Kitchen is great when there is competent management. The managers here did not know how to hold people accountable for completing their jobs. Instead, they will throw it on to other people that are already busy with other things. Management at this location would rather be friends with their employees instead of holding them accountable.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
Working for CPK was great. I did not stay too long because I was not making as much money as I needed. It was too slow of a work environment for me. The staff was great and let me know I can come back anytime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at California Pizza Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight