California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA21 reviews
always focusing how to improve the needs of the employees
giving excellent service to all guest that walk in

awesome co workers to help when needed made as a family
Working there was alright, the money isn't that good but a great place to work for your first time. I was happy with the food that they had so that was a plus
Learned a lot of things due to this job, it requires a lot of responsibility and stress management, especially on the weekends. Other thank that it was a fun place to work with very caring workers.
Pros
50%off employee meals
Cons
minimum to no breaks even for full time employees
I personally loved working at CPK! Amazing management team who actually cared about their employees both on and off the clock. Great discounts on food and shifts are incredibly flexible. Would definitely recommend to others!
It is great to work at California Pizza Kitchen especially if you are a college student and you need flexible scheduling. The managers come and go and it depends on who is there. As of now the the GM is great and I have nothing to say about him
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
California pizza kitchen excepted any and every cultures from employees to guest. My time here was accqueist although there wage was 5.50 an hour you are included in tips aswell
Pros
Tips discounts
Cons
Wage
A regular week day was slow. a Weekend was fast pace.
Learning the Tables was hard for me. I enjoyed the customers and the food. I Didnt enjoy the management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
If you dont know the tables within a week, Youre Gone
Since i left the management has changed their for i cannot really comment on the current work place. When i did work there it was a fun place to work minus the Gm.
This was my first serving job and was a perfect fit. Fast paced at times though relaxed enough of an environment for me to learn and grow as a server.
Great place to work if you enjoy 12 hour shifts with no break, managers who don't do their jobs, and cockroaches and rats everywhere. The staff was the only redeeming quality about this job and the only reason I stayed as long as I did. Managers never ordered enough stock, so we'd run out of nearly everything all the time. We ran out of pizza boxes at least once a week. What kind of pizza place runs out of pizza boxes? There's so much more but I don't feel like spending 6 hours typing.
Pros
fun staff
Cons
poor management, awful pay, awful hours, no breaks (for bartenders working double shift, servers got breaks), rude customers, and so much more.
A typical day at work would consist of opening and stocking the store. I would also assist customers and coworkers. Seating customers was my main responsibility. I learned how to effectively work with others in a professional group environment. I also learned how the restaurant business works as a whole. Unfortunately, the management was unfair and controlling. We were constantly micro managed , which made it hard for us to do our jobs and ultimately led to me leaving. However, the workplace was amazing. I got along very well with all of my coworkers. The customers were great 90% of the time which made my life much easier. The hardest part of my job would have to have been the management. When someone is constantly talking down to you with very little respect it is difficult to keep a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part would have to be the job itself. I genuinely loved what I did and felt like I was making the people around me happier, customers and coworkers alike.
Pros
Discounted meals, tips, workplace energy.
Cons
Management.
I worked there for several months. I found the job to be better than most. the only issues I had with the job was I found the training could have been much better and the location was not particularly busy.
Typical day at work here was fun and exciting. I love interaction with guests, management, and my co workers. I would say the hardest part of working there is standing on your feet for more than 12 hours a day sometimes.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
short breaks
I learned quite a few things about the restaurant/food services industry from working here. This was my first job in the restaurant business. I've waited tables and have had orders go right and orders go wrong. I usually was posted by the take-out area, I took faxed and called in orders, made sure the cooks had those ready and correct for guest pick-up. Most of the times the orders were small ones, like a salad or pasta with dessert. Sometimes we received huge catering orders from local businesses and for special events. In those tough times, the managers were very helpful and assisted me. And, of course, working with fun individuals made work worth coming in.
Pros
delicious food and great people to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks
Strong management team and close teamwork. Staff is very helpful and willing to lend a helping hand to work together as a team. As a server you will make according to your services.
People are always needing you to be very attentive to them.
No break and food is great.
Pros
50% Off meal.
Cons
No breaks.
Managers feel threatened by intelligent hard-working employees.
The new CPK branding period -- by the new owners -- means frequent policy and compensation reevaluations. But CPK remains a good company to work for.
I would arrive for the morning or night shift during not busy hours and quickly start restocking any supplies I would need. As tickets would come in I would gather any cold toppings I needed and would monitor and pckage the food.
I learned how to act fast and do multiple things at the same time. I also learned how to deal with angry or frustrated customers.

The managers were always very supportive of me and helped me whenever I asked for it. My co-workers were always very kind and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was making sure I had everything organized during peak hours.
Pros
great people, 50% of meals
Cons
pay was not reliable
I found this to be an excellent place to work part-time as you can release and add shifts from your phone. The team I was a part of is unforgettably the nicest group of people, I am glad I had the opportunity to work with such great people. You can expect a warm welcome from the friends you meet there, regular customers, and management, followed by a debriefing of your shift goals, and ending with a hard earned nights pay. The biggest thing I took from this was customer service, this is the best in the business, and I really will remember what I learned here. The hardest part of the job was time management, however I advanced in this with the help of my management staff. The most enjoyable part was definitely meeting new people and getting to know them on a real level.
Pros
Learning a lot about food, having the attention of all your guests.
Cons
Lack of compensation for going above and beyond.
A typical day involves me waiting on four, sometimes up to six tables at a time. I had to memorize our menu so that I could communicate effectively to the guests that come into the restaurant. My management team is awesome, they aren't like some managers who just supervise and point fingers. They engage in actually working if the employees need help. Ive even seen them jump in as dishwashers.