California State University, Fresno Employee Reviews

Student Assistat
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  LibraryJuly 30, 2018
Flexible scheduling. Set appointments, answered phone calls, assisted staff with other task if they needed any help with anything. Made great connections with staff.
Usher Football and Softball
Usher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 16, 2018
Job was fun getting to know the fans and talked with them on how much Fresno State Athletics means to the City of Fresno, also getting to know the Fresno State Softball coach and working with the great people.
Pros
Watching the Student Athletes
Cons
Short breaks
Overall I enjoyed working at Fresno State
Temporary Online instructor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2018
The classes were great to teach, the students worked hard. If I had to stay home the university had no trouble, in fact they said they liked it because they were sure I would be working on an article.
Pros
Working with teachers
Cons
My mentor was a bully, she had bullied the whole school of education, Administration couldn't control her.
Great facilities and great tools to help succeed
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Fresno state as a student athlete. There were many added stresses about going to school and performing athletic tasks to the best of my ability. I believed it would make me a stronger person in the end.
A fun environment that challenges employees to be their better self
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 22, 2018
Working at Fresno State definitely improved my experience as a student. I made me become a better leader, teammate, and friend. It was a constant challenge that made me better my self every single day.
Grad Student
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 16, 2018
Great environment and diversity! Opportunity to interact with so many students, professors and industry professionals. Lots of hands on and applied research.
Volunteer opportunity good for experience
liaison (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Staff was inefficient, making work flow difficult and caused confusion as well as unnecessary delays regarding issues that required immediate attention and resolution from supervising staff members.
Pros
Work Experience and life lessons
Cons
Unpleasant work enviroment
I loved this job
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 5, 2017
Everyone that I came into contact with during my employment at this university was extremely friendly and patient. The staff was always willing to teach me new things
Pros
No clock in/Clock out
CSU Fresno
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 4, 2017
working for CSU Fresno was a great learning opportunity. I was able to help out fellow students and continue to learn more about myself along the way!!
teaching assistant
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 31, 2017
This was a good experience as an introduction to working in Academia. It exposes one to how the classroom works. I learned to structure lessons and discussions. I also learned how to grade efficiently and constructively.
Very good Place to work
Lecturer Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 26, 2017
CSU Fresno is a very good place to work for.
Work Culture is very good. Everyone is friendly. Everyone tries to advance and help you. My reason for moving from CSU Freson is that I am seeking a career change and to closer to my family.
CSU Fresno is a very good place to work for.

Typical day work varies from semester to semester. Some semesters easy, some very tight. Pay is good. Especially if one is permanent. Similarly you get all benefits if you are permanent, not temporary.

Bad Part not in a big city.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 25, 2017
During my time there I work very hard and the people that I work were one of the best people that I work. Also during that, I meet so many new people.
Growing place for Veterans to get an Excellent Degree
Veterans Education Program, Veteran Guidance (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work and get a Bachelors degree. The Veterans Education program is designed to help veterans get into the state college systems and garner a Bachelors degree to advance them in the job market.
Place to develop skills, but limited room for advancement
Director (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 2, 2017
Center is a great place to develop your own personal skills, but lacks direction and ability to advance in terms of positions.

The lack of direction makes it difficult to understand your job responsibilities.
Great Experience Growth Opportunity for Students
Marketing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 9, 2017
Program and Events Coordinator along with the Graduate Assistants foster student skills and help build your resume. All while you get a behind the scenes or front row seat to any activity and event that you help plan and market.

They definitely expect you to carry your weight--if you miss more than two weekly meetings, you may lose your position. And you are required to devote at least an office hour a week.

But, they will support and mentor you to help build your portfolio and work experience; tailoring it to your interests and your major.

I was lucky enough to have gotten a position two semesters in a row, and truly enjoyed this opportunity.
Pros
fun, first to know about campus events, great work environment
Cons
if your class schedule doesn't work around their weekly meetings you'll likely lose your position
great
Student Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 17, 2017
They have multiple preschool programs on campus. The teachers are really fun to work with and they love their job. Also, the school has a really good child development program.
Good school
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 16, 2017
The greatest skill is learning how to stay focused when playing with the critical aspects of writing; it is very challenging yet satisfying. The culture is easy-going, the good life!
Great learning experience
Graduate Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 8, 2017
Working as an student assistant was a great learning experience because I had no prior preparation in academia. My job served as great preparation for a career in education or related jobs.
Teaching assistant experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 24, 2017
Good place to work as a teaching assistant but the pay is extremely low and no sort of benefits at all. Job culture is good, but department is very small.
Great overall work culture
Development Coordinator/ Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 14, 2017
Working at Fresno State gives one a sense of pride, as it is such an substantial part of the local community. In my 5 years at Fresno State, I was able to learn much about the higher education system and working for non-profits as a whole. I handled all administrative duties for the development offices within the Craig School of Business and the College of Arts and Humanities. Both positions, while vastly different due to their college focuses, gave me the opportunity to network with integral members of the local community.